If you could change One event post 1900..?

A lot of social changes that happened in OTL would happen in that TTL anyway. Women getting the right to vote, coming no matter what, save perhaps a one-generation delay. If not in the first half of the 20th century, then certainly by time somebody developed "the pill". That more than anything lead to the "free love" of the 1960s - not to mention a whole plethora of other social changes.

The same goes for television, largely a civilian technology from the start, so that would make social changes of some sort by the 60s pretty much inevitable (of course WW2 interrupted TV's development, so "the 60s" as we know them might have been moved up by a decade.

Quantum physics? Some power-hungry or paranoid nation would develop nuclear bombs within 50 years at most once we found out enough about the atom.

Complete Decolonization. Probably inevitable by 2000 (largely finished by 1970, save a few Portuguese colonies and a few last chunks).

Computers, missiles/rockets, satellites. Also probably inevitable by certainly 1980, if not 1970. At the very most, a one-generation delay, although a new spirit of the times (undoubtedly more optimistic than our own) just might be enough to bring these about more or less on schedule. Similar story for the moon landing.

Computers as we think of them? ENIAC developed during WW2. Maybe a little bit of a delay, but not by much (again, especially in a spirit of optimism scenario).

As for geopolitics - I see Britain and France declining anyway due to loss of unsustainable colonial empires, with Germany, Russia, China, Japan, and the USA rising as the new "big kids". In the end, I have to say it would come down to three major rising players: Germany, Russian Empire, USA), with Japan in a secondary position, along with a declining Britain and France. Japan's plans for Asia pretty makes inevitable any war in the region. China, without Maoism, would still be a sleeping giant. Germany and Russia will probably see a cold war between them, centering on especially Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Meanwhile, the USA would definitely want to carve a sphere of influence for itself in the Pacific and especially Latin America (particularly anything from Columbia and Venezuela northward, and possibly Pacific South America too (to protect the Panama Canal). I don't see the USA getting involved in European Affairs though - unless German starts meddling around in Latin America (even if just the southern part of South America).

Within Europe, Eastern Europe explodes, although German and Russian power might be just sufficient to keep a tight lid on it all, for a relatively orderly transition to national independence for E. European nations, if nothing else. A few probably would be satellites of one or another power regardless.

Internal political developments. Without WW1, I can see Germany eventually adopting some form of democracy by the 1960s. Russia may be a generation or two later, although that assumes the Russian people and government have a drastically different mentality about "the rule of law, not the czar".

@filrabat some of that is true, but I think you're overestimating the advance of social change and decolonization (if it really happens) in a world with tens if not hundreds of millions more Europeans.

This post deserves a like for the use of the term 'Fukuyamist', which I have never seen before! It's even more delicious, given that I've mentioned Fukuyama a number of times recently (and criticised him each time). :)
I'm not the first to coin it, Slavoj Zizek has used the term before as well. It's a simple, elegant way of describing the foundational assumptions of mainstream western politics.

Go back and persuade the Suits to set Star Trek: Discovery in the post-Dominion War period and explore the cost of total war on the UFP, Klingons and other powers.

If the Klingons have to still be re-designed I'd call them a throwback from the far reaches of the Empire.

Forgive me for bringing up sports in this thread.

Suppose you bought the LA Rams to keep them from going to St Louis in the first place, would other NFL teams still move after 1995?

In the UK, universal male suffrage was ỉntroduced because the working-class people demanded to have a voice as a condition to fight for the country. Without the war, it would certainly be delayed.

Not necessarily. The franchise had already been broadened twice, in 1867 and 1885. No reason why another Franchise Act shouldn't have come even w/o the war.

And even if it were delayed a generation or so, is that really a big enough difference to justify nearly 700,000 UK deaths, plus another quarter million or so from the Empire? One might as well say the San Francisco earthquake was a good thing because some of the buildings constructed after it were better than the ones the quake had destroyed.

Forgive me for bringing up sports in this thread.

Suppose you bought the LA Rams to keep them from going to St Louis in the first place, would other NFL teams still move after 1995?

Maybe the NFL would be more likely to block the Browns move since they wouldn't have had problems with Georgia Frontiere (they tried to block her move to St. Louis, and she took action against the league).

Maybe the NFL would be more likely to block the Browns move since they wouldn't have had problems with Georgia Frontiere (they tried to block her move to St. Louis, and she took action against the league).

But now in retrospect, it feels like the Rams never really fit in in St Louis except for that one year they won the Super Bowl IOTL.

Also, I'm still astonished by how many Ram fans in LA actually waited all those years for the team to come back to that market.

Jimmy Carter doesn't concede early in 1980, allowing Mike McCormack to win re-election narrowly. With his seat retained, he is able to solidify the Pro-Fusion lobbying force in Congress he was in the process of building IOTL that had already been able to pass the Magnetic Fusion Energy Engineering Act of 1980. Thus the United States stays on track for a working reactor by 2000, as stipulated by the aforementioned act and by ATL 2019, Nuclear Fusion would likely be entering commercialization if not already a few years into such, if the timeline presented by ITER IOTL is anything to go by.

I'd prevent Avatar the Last Airbender (or anything remotely close to it) as well as G4 MLP (as well as its ideas, worldbuilding, and some characterizations, among other things) and the concept of both the Strangereal world (from Ace Combat) and the world of Gaia (from Final Fantasy VII) from being made so that, in the present day (at least as far back as 2008, when I began my own story ideas) so that I can use these concepts and ideas for myself and fuse them altogether into one unique story that I've been 'kinda' concocting for myself of late.

What do you think?
This is not a serious answer.

Have the coup against Erdogon suceed, so Turkey might just remain democratic. I'd like to see a Nixon Goes to China move with the Armenians. But that might lead to a backlash.

I would prevent the collapse and partition of the Ottoman Empire.
a more stable, prosperous middle east, no Israel, no terrorist groups, a much better world in general.