The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly with all these rework being done I hope that in the future Huttig will not just consume all of German Africa. I feel like Schenk and Muller is such and interesting people, I kinda wish to see their character being further developed. Perhaps Schenk can free Africa by expanding his plot across other German own area of Africa, Perhaps Muller can truly establish mercenary state that encompass most of Africa!

Perhaps some sort of Komi-esque influence bar where those with the most influence came out on top.

And what kind of message does a 'Pro-OFN ceasefire is the best outcome for the SAW' sends anyway? If anything, it is perhaps the most 'McNamara' approach to the conflict, in that the US is only in their to defend an economically and geo-strategically valuable ally that happens to also be the most industrialized country on the contient, while leaving all the 'unimportant' Africans up north to get genocided and enslaved by Hutting, because they will just be dead weight fir OFN. Which I suspect is not the kind of mindset wanted players to have.
To be honest that’s how i played most of my US games. Now i feel bad.

Realistically, Huttig's Reichstaat would collapse almost immediately (Ostafrika alone has severe issues with controlling anything beyond a few cities), thus I don't think the Devastation would happen. Additionally, there's absolutely no guarantee that the American Mandates will work out. Considering these two variables, I think it's fair to say that a Pro-OFN ceasefire is the best option for the African people.

I usually go for the Total OFN Victory because of how you can't trigger the ceasefire until the '64 President is inaugurated, which is usually about six months after I've won. I don't want to sit around doing nothing for six months just because the surrender events have a weird condition written into them. It doesn't help that in the last version Huttig's Wild Ride was bugged and wouldn't end in his state's collapse, so going for the ceasefire meant that Africa would never be free. What gets me is how rapidly and silently domestic discontent builds up with the "nation-building" efforts--it just goes crazy very fast.

Honestly with all these rework being done I hope that in the future Huttig will not just consume all of German Africa. I feel like Schenk and Muller is such and interesting people, I kinda wish to see their character being further developed. Perhaps Schenk can free Africa by expanding his plot across other German own area of Africa, Perhaps Muller can truly establish mercenary state that encompass most of Africa!

Perhaps some sort of Komi-esque influence bar where those with the most influence came out on top.
One idea I've had for Schenk would be making it possible for him to finish laying the groundwork for an African state in Sudwestafrika. The final step would be installing enough Africans in leadership positions to be able to swiftly take over the RK. Then, if/when Schenk is murdered by Huttig, Sudwestafrika is not annexed, but instead goes to war. It would be a challenge for a player, but not impossible. A similar option could exist for Muller, probably representing corporate influence.

If both Sudwestafrika and Zentralafrika resist Huttig, that leaves open another path: a stalemate where they return to their starting borders, becoming independent states. Ostafrika would face similar problems to the Reichstaat. Zentralafrika would become the domain of competing corporations (organized by faction). Sudwestafrika, now a dictatorship under the native SS leadership, would face the same factionalism as Angola already does, with the added ingredient of Namibia.

Realistically, Huttig's Reichstaat would collapse almost immediately (Ostafrika alone has severe issues with controlling anything beyond a few cities), thus I don't think the Devastation would happen. Additionally, there's absolutely no guarantee that the American Mandates will work out. Considering these two variables, I think it's fair to say that a Pro-OFN ceasefire is the best option for the African people.
Yes, but the OFN and least attempt to nation build Africa, unlike Hüttig who attempts to genocide Africa. No matter what, attempted nation-building is better than attempted genocide.

Yes, but the OFN and least attempt to nation build Africa, unlike Hüttig who attempts to genocide Africa. No matter what, attempted nation-building is better than attempted genocide.
I think you misunderstand me. Of course, in a vacuum, nation-building, even imperialist nation-building, is better than Huttig's flavor of slave-fueled genocide. However, in the context of TNO, Huttig's megastate is meant to fail extremely quickly, while I could see America's brutally imperialist Mandates persisting for quite some time, in an endless war with the American military. I suppose it's a question of whether you prefer a short, brutal slaughter that gives way to true freedom and independence, or a long, grueling endeavor that may in perpetuity hold these African states under the thumb of American hegemony.

I think you misunderstand me. Of course, in a vacuum, nation-building, even imperialist nation-building, is better than Huttig's flavor of slave-fueled genocide. However, in the context of TNO, Huttig's megastate is meant to fail extremely quickly, while I could see America's brutally imperialist Mandates persisting for quite some time, in an endless war with the American military.
I mean, you could reasonably describe the Congo mandate as "brutally imperialistic," especially if Abrams decides to just replace the swastika with the stars-and-stripes and call it a day, but Southwestern and Eastern Africa are genuine nation-building efforts that (in the former case) build on Schenk's efforts to create a free Angola and (in the latter case) actually attempt to forge a new, freer political order that dispenses with the remnants of Naziism and the crazier rebel groups. Now, it's not guaranteed to succeed (at least, if they've patched the bug that makes it impossible for Westmoreland to access most of Ostafrika's paths), and the latter is led by William "Body Count" Westmoreland, but there's a pretty reasonable chance for East Africa to come out of the process a relatively free and developed nation. Are they penetrated by American business? Yes, but it's not like they have the capital to build up domestic industries...

I think you misunderstand me. Of course, in a vacuum, nation-building, even imperialist nation-building, is better than Huttig's flavor of slave-fueled genocide. However, in the context of TNO, Huttig's megastate is meant to fail extremely quickly, while I could see America's brutally imperialist Mandates persisting for quite some time, in an endless war with the American military. I suppose it's a question of whether you prefer a short, brutal slaughter that gives way to true freedom and independence, or a long, grueling endeavor that may in perpetuity hold these African states under the thumb of American hegemony.
You can say that plausibly Huttig's Reichstaat would collapse quickly, but as things are presented in the game it takes at least one year, and usually about two, with Huttig having plenty of time to trigger the African Devastation. So in the world of the mod the OFN mandates are clearly the best path, regardless of how plausible that is.

However, in the context of TNO, Huttig's megastate is meant to fail extremely quickly

In the context of TNO, where we have a scenario specifically reserved for the Reichstaat fucking up Africa throughout a timespan of years before it collapses, Huttig can be more resilient than you think. Which will, as expected, leave the Africans in a terrible spot even when they claw their freedom from the Nazis themselves.

Also in the context of TNO: superpowers unhesitant with doing a little neocolonialism to expand their spheres of influence. Africa's new states may even come out of the Collapse not a whole lot different from the Mandates, except they took gallons more blood just to sprout.

The Moe Order: Last Episodes of Anime submod was released
1617359532496.png

Deleted member 107125

How do you access the post-Taboritsky warlords? How does choosing to play as them work? What's the process, there?
Once Taboritsky dies, you wait a few months before everything fully collapses. You can play as them through a decisions bar with "Explore ____"

Deleted member 107125

The main problem here is that neither Schenck nor Muller seem to be interested in ruling a state.

Status
Not open for further replies.