Fear Nothing But God: A Graphical History

Thanks so much! :D Hopefully more to come. The Political ideologies chart is sort of the peak of the TL so far and I remain very proud of it. I might have something similar/interesting coming out in a few weeks.
I quoted your political compass and ideologies chart into the Alternate Ideologies thread, and put a direct link in my list of the forum's unique ideologies!

I still can't get over how excellent the (literal) political compass is as a concept! The fact that it conveys all the the information of an OTL political compass with a simple and easy to grasp metonym (like the common OTL political spectrum) is nothing short of amazing to me, given that the political spectrum OTL is hazy and imprecise enough to make things like the horseshoe theory a tempting addendum to explain what the hell is going on.

2019 Fraternal Commonwealth general election
A long, long overdue return...

The 2019 Fraternal Commonwealth General Election

Banner transparent.png

qmj1BaE.png

Truly, this is the best timeline.
I'm digging the persistence of long Puritan naming conventions! Also my morbid curiosity about Mississippi is piqued
it's one of my favourite dumb worlbuilding things I've thrown in so I'm glad you like it! The general vibe I'm going for started as very much applying traits of the American Revolution to the UK but increasingly its been RoundheadPunk. Taking cultural elements of the 17th century and dragging them forward is a great deal of fun and adapting the Puritan Naming scheme into modern and political avenues is really good fun to write.

As for Mississippi, I hope to answer some more questions on them in the future because they are one of the more interesting countries in the world, definitely something I hope to do a box on before the year is up.

giphy.gif

I have waited... and was not disappointed.

Great stuff!
Thanks man, I'm really glad you liked it. :D Hopefully the start of a proper return, though not everything will be this long or indepth. I already have another (smaller) wikibox on the way and there's Infoboxes for all the FC Parties in progress too.

When you see the French Chief of Minister saying "On Behalf of His Majesty Government's"

giphy.gif
But of course! Nowhere is more Monarchist than France, we all know its the British who hate their Kings :p
But I'm so sorry to do this to you, more details on France will be coming at some point as well!

Such details, such depth of worldbuilding...

tenor.gif
Always means a lot coming from you! :D But honestly worldbuilding is 90% of the reason why I love AH. Being able to lay out a society with all these quirks and traits that are so alien (or oddly recognisable) is a lot of fun. Names, in universe media, slang and stuff are all surface but I really think they do add a lot to making a world feel different. Next thing planned to come out is only little but should be more in that direction.

I touched on this briefly over in the Map Thread and its definitely something I'll elaborate on in the future. The general idea is that the Ottomans have a better time in the 18th and 19th centuries and more actively puruse a policy of integration and conversion in Europe. When the various revolutions of the 20th century roll around, the Empire crumbles and an anti-Ottoman, revolutionary Turkish republic rises up and takes control of Anatolia, declaring the Republic of Anadolu. After putting down a string of European nationalist revolutions, the Ottomans are actually able to cling on to their European holdings even as the east is lost to them. This leads to a rather ironic situation of a multi-ethnic and islamised Ottoman Empire in Europe with a fiercely anti-monarchist, nationalist turkish republic in Anatolia.
[/QUOTE]

This is something from the deepest darkest pits of hell.

Damn, I really enjoyed reading the Diggers comeback. I wonder how Forward March will handle itself in government.

I know this isn't about the Fraternal Commonwealth, but I wanna know about the state of Bravo-Tizon. Can you give me a little summary on it?

Holidays in the Fraternal Commonwealth
Holidays in the Fraternal Commonwealth

banner-transparent-png.594372

Holidays in the Fraternal Commonwealth generally fit into one of four categories:
  • Religious Holidays - Most often derived from Christian traditions but increasingly secularised and enjoyed by Albic citizens of all faiths, notably including Allhallows Day and Christmas.
  • Political/Patriotic Holidays - Holidays celebrating important dates in Albic history, often relating to the revolution and the establishment of the Fraternal Commonwealth and its democracy. Most importantly including the Three Feasts of Sorority, Liberation and Revolution.
  • Saints Days: The four Saints Days celebrating each of the four nations of the Commonwealths and their patron Saints. Made public holidays throughout the FC in the 20th century to encourage unity and understanding between the four nations.
  • Traditional Dates: Calendar dates commonly celebrated in different faiths and cultures, given unique interpretations in Albic traditions such as Midsummer.
Commonwealth citizens enjoy many bank holidays and the government's Ministries for Cultural Enrichment set aside more than a Billion Shilling each year to support local festivities and culture, which it says "Helps to strengthen and maintain the traditions and unity of the people."

58Yxyc9.png

banner-transparent-png.594372

Just a quick little thing whilst I'm on a roll! Might be a few typos but balancing this with EGs and some real work, just wanted to keep the momentum up :D

A few hints at big things in history and cultural quirks which I hope people enjoy.

Last edited:
The Great Liberation seems really interesting, Especially the part about French and "Free Albic" forces cooperating, which implies the Commonwealth was occupied by a nation that was not its immediate neighbor. The immediate culprits I can think of are either some sort of expansionist Concordist nation a la the USSR or perhaps some sort of united but totalitarian Germany? I feel like those are the most obvious suggestion, but that they are also rather trope-y (like come on, *Germany invading the *UK?) and whatever it ends up being it will be a lot more creative than my suggestions.

The Great Liberation seems really interesting, Especially the part about French and "Free Albic" forces cooperating, which implies the Commonwealth was occupied by a nation that was not its immediate neighbor. The immediate culprits I can think of are either some sort of expansionist Concordist nation a la the USSR or perhaps some sort of united but totalitarian Germany? I feel like those are the most obvious suggestion, but that they are also rather trope-y (like come on, *Germany invading the *UK?) and whatever it ends up being it will be a lot more creative than my suggestions.
Or an Unenlightened Rex restoration that arose domestically

Interesting last two updates! I'm really interested to find out more about the "Black Twenties" and I really enjoy skimming through the election infobox. The amount of detail put into this TL is fantastic, and I have to appreciate how much you take advantage of the 17th Century POD to have completely different politics, terminology, and aesthetic. It really distinguishes this TL from others, particularly when it comes to graphic-based TLs.