Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, fixed the Estonian problem:

Languages.png

I found this batshit crazy thing I must have conjured up while drunk, in the dark depths of my flash drive...I'm not sure if its going to cause people to reach for forks or bask in its sheer awesomeness or both.

Gentlemen and 1 or 2 Ladies....I present...HOLY ROMAN EUROPE:eek::eek::eek:

Mommmy!

Work in progress.

A good work in progress.

Possible spread of horses given a Vinland colony that becomes permanent c. 1030 and which becomes large and viable c. 1120.

Cool map Benkarnell.

The World 1920

Big Spanish Empire!!!

Ok, fixed the Estonian problem:

That's a good languages map Venice.

While that map is awesome on many levels...

IS THAT A BRITISH RUSSIA????:eek::eek:

Yes indeed it is, its a little known fact that one of the reasons for the russian expansion into siberia was the growing influence of the english in the region. the English got rather agressive at times and repeatedly tried to seize the solovetsky islands and other towns. Archangel was actually founded entirely for the purpose of trading with the english. Russia was England's first major overseas trading area, the Muscovy Company being the first joint-stock trading company to be formed and thus being wellspring of the economic phenomen that is britain (it remained a company until 1917 and then became a charity).

Valdemar II

Banned
United Kingdoms of Netherland (Orange-Nassau)

10,3 millions

Dutch: 5,2-6 millions
French: 3 millions
Germans: 1,3-2,1 millions

Small Frisian minority (0,2-0,3 millions included in Dutch)

Kingdom of Prussia (Hohenzollern)

8,5 millions

Small Sorbian, Kashnubian, Lithaunian and Polish minorities

Kingdom of Franconia (Wittelsbach)

4 millions

Small French minority

Kingdom of Westphalen (Wettin)

1,5 millions

Kingdom of Württemberg (Württemberg)

2,2 millions

Kingdom of Sardinia (Savoy)

3,5 million

Kingdom of France (Bourbon)

30 millions

Europe1815p3.PNG

Last edited:
Back in Map Thread IV, I produced a series of maps dealing with an independent Lithuania in the 19th century and what happened afterward. This is the last map in the series, reworked to a new look (again, using Ampersand's wonderful base map).

Thande

Donor
Another very nice map.

Would Baden really still just be called that if it also included Wuerttemberg?

How come Denmark is labeled such and has Copenhagen marked as a capital when it looks like it's part of Germany?

Another very nice map.

Would Baden really still just be called that if it also included Wuerttemberg?

Thank you.

I don't know if Baden would be called that, and it probably wouldn't be, but the mapmakers only put as much information as they could fit in. I think :)

How come Denmark is labeled such and has Copenhagen marked as a capital when it looks like it's part of Germany?

Yeah, that's one of the problems I had with this. Denmark is only the islands and Iceland, and they are technically only outlined in German colour (puppet state), but the outline is so thick that it doesn't show that there is no fill.

Yeah, that's one of the problems I had with this. Denmark is only the islands and Iceland, and they are technically only outlined in German colour (puppet state), but the outline is so thick that it doesn't show that there is no fill.
Perhaps a lighter shade of gray would do the trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.