You earlier said that they stopped using it in 1900 after the 10-year lease ran out.

Great catch! No way in heck was I remembering that.

wait are you reconing canon?
or did they ru just reopen it after the first war?

I try to keep retcons to a bare minimum. It still applies though, as people like the Dutch will very much still use the canal. They still have Guiana last I checked, too, so they have presence in the region.

In turn, DoD US will hate the RU for being "a bunch of Negro-loving, white-killing slavers pretending to be Americans" and proposes an alliance with CoCaro. to take them down.
Could probably throw Jake the Snake Featherstone's Confederacy in on that alliance. Since he already hated the Yankees before the event and here there actually worse than him!

I am wondering when the RU might make an offer to some dictator or warlord in South America to become the next Carolina.
Extreeeeeeemely unlikely. Carolina is only able to squeeze by because it's mostly anglo-saxon and protestant, while the vast majority of south america's population in WMIT are catholic and spanish, portuguese, or french descended, all things which make them in the eyes of the RU, deserving of total extermination or enslavement if they're feeling merciful.

The closest they might come is if some Betters in south america seized control of a city/state somewhere, invited the RU in, and were rewarded with continued indepence for the bootlicking

Maybe declare some tribes in the Amazon lost Israelites?
Why would they do that? They've already exterminated the Native American tribes for being "savages".

Last edited:
I am wondering when the RU might make an offer to some dictator or warlord in South America to become the next Carolina.
nah the ru to gone far at this point to do something like that more likely a power in south america will attack the netruel seeking some land and just being greedy, it prob just gonna be a power in southern South America or the Dutch.

Great catch! No way in heck was I remembering that.

I try to keep retcons to a bare minimum. It still applies though, as people like the Dutch will very much still use the canal. They still have Guiana last I checked, too, so they have presence in the region.
There’s not much Pacific-European trade to be done, though, and the Dutch would have a shorter time reaching their colonies using Singapore and Suez still. Much of the traffic, I assume, are for aid shipments to the BU and Germania; Carolinian, Dutch, and Norwegian trade, while significant, doesn’t realise the full potential of the canal with it alone, especially with the depopulation of the west, and the creation of Destiny road.

As the Lebensborn program shows, even a genocidal regime can convince itself that it's possible/worthwhile to "salvage" people from the groups it's trying to destroy. Given the influence of Kirkism's theories about lost South American Betters, there is already a pretext for troops forwarding suitably WASP-looking kids back to the RU, or adults faking their ancestries. And to this somewhat flimsy foundation can be added others, like "searching for remnants of Dutch Brazil/France Antarctique" or even more recent "pockets of Better immigrants, bastions of civilization and prosperity in the continental pigsty." For example, the Mennonites of Paraguay, or other collections of Protestant/Jewish communities with national origins in "the good parts of Europe" and strong tendencies toward only marrying within the community/"keeping the Blood pure". Sure they're not AFC but that can be... worked on.

What utility can these "Southern Betters" offer? They can be intermediaries, negotiators, translators, soldiers, or even postwar puppet rulers if Jehovah is with them. But also... imagine toddlers sent to ORRA at the beginning of the war and coming back home as stormtroopers near the end. It'd be like Devshirme, except the RU would never accept the comparison.

If you squint a bit and ignore the actual history of the Japanese alphabet the kanji look kinda like Hebrew letters

I found this on Quora:

1577203430641.jpg

Continuing down my rabbit hole of the Japanese and other random ethnic groups being secretly Hebrew, I found out about the Igbo Jews, and they have Madness potential. Jews from the Igbo people in present day Nigeria, said to be descendants of the Bilal el-Sudan, I could totally see them being declared pinnacle men by the RU and joining the fascist sphere as an ally.

Last edited:
Continuing down my rabbit hole of the Japanese and other random ethnic groups being secretly Hebrew, I found out about the Igbo Jews, and they have Madness potential. Jews from the Igbo people in present day Nigeria, said to be descendants of the Bilal el-Sudan, I could totally see them being declared pinnacle men by the RU and joining the fascist sphere as an ally.

True, but unfortunately they live in oil country. Even if declared Betters they will at least be expected to make space for "Japhetite" (a possible term by which the RU can separate the whites they like from the ones they don't?) employees.

Also re: the Mennonites of Latin America, there would have to be some reason why they don't pick the RU as a refuge from Russia in the first place. Maybe South America had more available land, or there were concerns over religious freedom. The concerns would have to be weighty enough for the Mennonites to not initially like the RU but not so severe that they choose martyrdom over collaboration when the Grand Army knocks on the door. EDIT: Actually, maybe South America doesn't just have Mennonites but also Lutherans, Quakers, Pennsylvania Amish and other groups from the RU itself, who wanted to put as much distance between themselves and the AFC as possible. And now... the RU is going to bring them home, or bring home to them.

Last edited:
True, but unfortunately they live in oil country. Even if declared Betters they will at least be expected to make space for "Japhetite" (a possible term by which the RU can separate the whites they like from the ones they don't?) employees.

Also re: the Mennonites of Latin America, there would have to be some reason why they don't pick the RU as a refuge from Russia in the first place. Maybe South America had more available land, or there were concerns over religious freedom. The concerns would have to be weighty enough for the Mennonites to not initially like the RU but not so severe that they choose martyrdom over collaboration when the Grand Army knocks on the door.
Maybe they initially chose South America cause they were worried about persecution in the RU, but paranoia about collaboration on the part of the South American countries and especially the NP results in massive increases in persecution of them and other such groups in these areas, driving them too offer help to the invading armies and latter opening the way for greater amounts of collaboration and justification for being declared betters and spared latter on then would otherwise exist. It would also be somewhat of a self fuffiling prophecy for the part of the NP, which would be simultaneously kind of funny and really depressing, fitting the general theme of the timeline in a lot of ways.

Does the RU know yet about the oil in the region? If they don't, this could set up a future conflict in the region.

Also, the term "Japhetite" sounds perfect for this timeline. The RU could also use the spelling "Shemitic" instead of "Semitic".