2.0 is GIRTHY, and is likely gonna clock in around 150 some odd chapters, and making the Oswald centric latter half of the 19th century, especially when this TL hits its true A E S T H E T I C of the "Pinnacle Future," a separate sequel thread makes a lot of sense.
tumblr_nrba01uRLh1ropumpo1_1280.png

View attachment 507637

"The brutal lessons we learned in South America stand as a testimony to the fact that we do not do these things because they are easy, but because they are hard. Do not pray for easier lives, my fellow citizens. Pray to be... Stronger Men."

- Charles Oswald in his 1955 best-seller Pray to be Strong: Lessons Learned in Life and War

Just a teaser for a possible 'sequel' thread. The more I consider it, the more I think of it as an almost preferred outcome. 2.0 is GIRTHY, and is likely gonna clock in around 150 some odd chapters, and making the Oswald centric latter half of the 19th century, especially when this TL hits its true A E S T H E T I C of the "Pinnacle Future," a separate sequel thread makes a lot of sense. And let me be clear: I enjoy the memes and I love the discussion. Reader participation and meme culture is one of my favorite things about writing this TL. Sometimes it gets out of hand, but on the whole every commentator here participates in something bigger and I love whacky, humorous, or even downright stupid posts. Some great stuff has come out of them. lol

Honestly we could have:

WMIT: The Union Forever
WMIT: The Pinnacle Future
WMIT: Either a post-apoc or a NUSA in SPACEEEE depending on overall TL outcome. Perhaps "WMIT: Requiem" or "WMIT: The Eagle Dares"

And of course WMIT: The Star-Spangles Expanded Universe tying into all of three of the Trilogy parts.​
What about WMIT: The Eagle Has Landed, either "on the moon/Mars/&c" (my personal preferred outcome) or "'landed' straight into the ground"?

I like 'The Pinnacle Future'. It's both optimistic (from TTL's America's point of view, of course) and creepy (since we know how crazy the RU actually is and what it's willing to do).

View attachment 507637

"The brutal lessons we learned in South America stand as a testimony to the fact that we do not do these things because they are easy, but because they are hard. Do not pray for easier lives, my fellow citizens. Pray to be... Stronger Men."

- Charles Oswald in his 1955 best-seller Pray to be Strong: Lessons Learned in Life and War

Just a teaser for a possible 'sequel' thread. The more I consider it, the more I think of it as an almost preferred outcome. 2.0 is GIRTHY, and is likely gonna clock in around 150 some odd chapters, and making the Oswald centric latter half of the 19th century, especially when this TL hits its true A E S T H E T I C of the "Pinnacle Future," a separate sequel thread makes a lot of sense. And let me be clear: I enjoy the memes and I love the discussion. Reader participation and meme culture is one of my favorite things about writing this TL. Sometimes it gets out of hand, but on the whole every commentator here participates in something bigger and I love whacky, humorous, or even downright stupid posts. Some great stuff has come out of them. lol

Honestly we could have:

WMIT: The Union Forever
WMIT: The Pinnacle Future
WMIT: Either a post-apoc or a NUSA in SPACEEEE depending on overall TL outcome. Perhaps "WMIT: Requiem" or "WMIT: The Eagle Dares"

And of course WMIT: The Star-Spangles Expanded Universe tying into all of three of the Trilogy parts.​

I remember that you had two endings in the original WMIT. One was post- acpoc and the other was Yankee hegemony. So why don't you do you both the NUSA in space and the pos apco

@Napoleon53 One thing i've been wondering--is it possible for the Madnessverse to stop being insane and become a more peaceful world not run by monstrous nationalist war cults?
I think the point of no return was the "Great American War" in 1860. It could have been possible for the RU to have lost that war... which would have discredited fascism/fundamentalism... which would have prevented the SuperX movements from occurring in Europe. Last I checked the SuperX movements occurred due to the success of the RU and the end of the WWI equivalent; making the RU fail would have severely affected the success rates of any war cult faction. I'm not Napoleon53, though. And he'd probably say "This timeline is supposed to be grimdark and insane on purpose, so that is not possible."

@Napoleon53 One thing i've been wondering--is it possible for the Madnessverse to stop being insane and become a more peaceful world not run by monstrous nationalist war cults?

To Ride a tiger

To find yourself in a precarious situation. The phrase comes from “He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.” Which is to say, once you find yourself in a dangerous circumstance, getting out of it can be even more potentially hazardous, whether to your health or your career.

I definitely think there is; there are hope spots, and if the Europans were to join the NP in war with the RU the Union would have a serious chance to fall. Unfortunately that won't happen, as Caesar is distracted by Mussolini and friends. Really, then, the turning point could be said to be the bullet that killed the Queen of Austria-Hungary; without that, there was a chance for western Europe to be united against the RU.

Halfway done with the Britannic Union chapter!
unclewinston.jpg

The others have mentioned possible coalitions against the RU to destroy it, but if we are talking a peaceful about-face: The last chance was likely Teddy Roosevelt's assassination. He wanted an actual democratic election. If he had got his way, perhaps if Steele was assassinated or simply wasn't as popular or feared, and he became President, we'd likely see the Union slowly become more like the OTL Age of Trusts. There would still be scientific racism, still be Fundamentalism, etc, but I think the Bull Moose Movement would have seen their control over North America as the New Jerusalem and not go on a random crusade in S. America to exterminate everyone. It would still certainly be a dystopia, but it wouldn't be as bad 2.0 so far with Steele. However, in an election-having RU, it's still possible that Oswald could come to power. And if that happens, all bets are off. lol A lot of The Pinnacle Future will be a novel covering most every aspect of Oswald, and I can't wait for that. Oswald IS WMIT.

Halfway done with the Britannic Union chapter!
View attachment 507660

The others have mentioned possible coalitions against the RU to destroy it, but if we are talking a peaceful about-face: The last chance was likely Teddy Roosevelt's assassination. He wanted an actual democratic election. If he had got his way, perhaps if Steele was assassinated or simply wasn't as popular or feared, and he became President, we'd likely see the Union slowly become more like the OTL Age of Trusts. There would still be scientific racism, still be Fundamentalism, etc, but I think the Bull Moose Movement would have seen their control over North America as the New Jerusalem and not go on a random crusade in S. America to exterminate everyone. It would still certainly be a dystopia, but it wouldn't be as bad 2.0 so far with Steele. However, in an election-having RU, it's still possible that Oswald could come to power. And if that happens, all bets are off. lol

Good one. I thought that you'd need the AFC to severely decline, so I was thinking have the RU lose the Great American war and as a result the AFC gets discredited for spurring the public onto an ultimately lost war. As a result, war religions fail to spread. Now if Theodore Roosevelt got his way, yes, there would be improvements, but I'd believe you would need to get rid of the war cults or at least greatly reduce their influence. This also applies to a different result of the WWI equivalent--if the war wasn't so destructive there might have been fewer areas where religious figures decided they needed to take over.

The others have mentioned possible coalitions against the RU to destroy it, but if we are talking a peaceful about-face: The last chance was likely Teddy Roosevelt's assassination. He wanted an actual democratic election. If he had got his way, perhaps if Steele was assassinated or simply wasn't as popular or feared, and he became President, we'd likely see the Union slowly become more like the OTL Age of Trusts. There would still be scientific racism, still be Fundamentalism, etc, but I think the Bull Moose Movement would have seen their control over North America as the New Jerusalem and not go on a random crusade in S. America to exterminate everyone. It would still certainly be a dystopia, but it wouldn't be as bad 2.0 so far with Steele.

"Damn it, if only the Chief Indoctrinator of Children had become President instead!"

However, in an election-having RU, it's still possible that Oswald could come to power. And if that happens, all bets are off. lol A lot of The Pinnacle Future will be a novel covering most every aspect of Oswald, and I can't wait for that. Oswald IS WMIT.

If we're going for a more "real book" feel, it could be cool to have it structured like a political biography with various "insider interviews" and the like. It's not really compatible with the setting but neither were the "interviews with long-dead Greeks and Persians" parts of Daeres's Achaemenid Hellas TL.

Last edited:
Hey, so I am making a world map of TTL in the year 1911, right before the outbreak of the great war. Here's what I have so far. I deliberately stopped in Mexico as I found discrepancies between the Map of North America in 1911 and the world map in Chapter 53. @Napoleon53 may you enlighten me on the issue?
*Note: Some areas might not fit either of the maps as I took some liberties regarding some borders, in order to make them stick to OTL historical borders.

EDIT: May I suggest Florida being renamed to "Flowerland" or something on the lines? Florida sounds way too papist, being named after a catholic fest after all.

upload_2019-12-9_21-15-0.png

Last edited:
Hey, so I am making a world map of TTL in the year 1911, right before the outbreak of the great war. Here's what I have so far. I deliberately stopped in Mexico as I found discrepancies between the Map of North America in 1911 and the world map in Chapter 53.

EDIT: May I suggest Florida being renamed to "Flowerland" or something on the lines? Florida sounds way too papist, being named after a catholic fest after all.

The first map is more accurate, it goes by the borders and names set out in the Immolation chapter. Florida can be re-attributed to "Latin" roots, I think it sounds better than alternatives.

Also, it seems inevitable that most of the Wars of the 1940s will go into Pinnacle Future. The last update was 20 pages ago, no way we're getting through the whole period in the remaining 59.

How are the Inuit and the First Nations in Canada doing? Are they left to their own devices? I wonder how much control the RU actually has over those parts.

How are the Inuit and the First Nations in Canada doing? Are they left to their own devices? I wonder how much control the RU actually has over those parts.
They are native americans, and based on the attitudes the RU has shown towards natives so far (completely exterminating all of them) they are most likely suffering from genocide just like the rest of Canada.

Hey, so I am making a world map of TTL in the year 1911, right before the outbreak of the great war. Here's what I have so far. I deliberately stopped in Mexico as I found discrepancies between the Map of North America in 1911 and the world map in Chapter 53. @Napoleon53 may you enlighten me on the issue?
*Note: Some areas might not fit either of the maps as I took some liberties regarding some borders, in order to make them stick to OTL historical borders.

View attachment 507837

Florida comes from “Pascua Florida”, meaning the Easter Season. So, I think a good name for it would be “Easterland” or “Paschalia”. Of course, that’s assuming that the RU still practices Easter.

On a side note, “Lewisland”, “Pennsylvania”, and “Mississippi” are misspelled on your map.

It will take a long time for america to become sane but I fell it will be possible for the World at the end of part 3. Like I suggested let the eagle scream the pinnacle future have two ending a union vicotry leading to the NUS ain space wmit the eagle has landed and the post-apoc WMIT reguim, I feel that both of the part 3 timelimes should have 3 ending. In reguium the endings should be mankind goes extint, the union is restored and eaven crazyer then ever and the world regains a measure of sanity. The three endings in the egale should NUSA galtic hecomany, Genocide by an alien that is just as crazyer then the NUSA or conquest by a sane multi speices alien federation that manges to reeducate the crazy humans