Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've but I have no idea how to go about it.

It's actually an alt-anarchist society set in the near future.

Ya know how the West has capitalism and Russia and China have communism? I feel like the Third World should have anarchism (the actual ideology not chaos). It'd be like a big black bloc.

But if you think of something better I'm down.

Well. Judging by the areas you selected, some form of Islamic Third Way ideology is bound to be most popular. It also might have been a better choice to choose a basemap with the USSR in it if you wanted Russia to be Communist. Finding a PoD would probably be helpful in not only figuring out which ideology would work best for your third superpower in a tripolar Cold War world but also in figuring out how that ideology would form. Your hypothetical empire has grown(?) to encompass almost the entirety of the global Islamic community, which means if they are anarchist, it's going to be a very different type of anarchism than that found in the West.

What program are you using? There are a lot of helpful tutorials on how to use various image-editing softwares to make nice maps. Even if you've got no idea how to go about something, looking at other people's examples and trying to recreate elements that you like is probably the best way to improve.
Maybe Islamic Anarchism, based around the idea that organized government inherently answers to a normal human and not Allah, even when the government actively supports Islam, therefore sparking the idea that to come closer to Allah, one must free themselves from the tethers of human founded and centered government.

Deleted member 123260

Maybe Islamic Anarchism, based around the idea that organized government inherently answers to a normal human and not Allah, even when the government actively supports Islam, therefore sparking the idea that to come closer to Allah, one must free themselves from the tethers of human founded and centered government.

That's somewhat possible. Islamic reformism would be a big part of this anarchist community. I actually have this huge idea on how religion would work in the Third World anarchist society.

But it would be generally secular. The movement's origins would be secular and so would the society itself mostly.

6049713855_b2508e4bcf_b.jpg

IDK what this is but look how cool these borders look!

I made something similar looking a while ago
8BD10506-8433-4D90-A3F0-EFDA4ECECA50.jpeg

Lusitania

Donor
Did they do an alt-Atlantropa on the Bosphorus and Dardanelles Straits? And possibly on the Suez and/or Aden Straits? Also this "nation" looks like France - do you plan a massive French Empire?
It is very interesting but the issue I have is that any empire that large would have huge ramifications throughout the world and many countries and empires would exists to counter it. For a country like that to exist and rest of would looks like iotl not possible.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Ah, so has E.P.C.O.T. taken off, then? Presumably it's not the dreamscape Walt wanted, but it's survival, in any case, is something I'm always going to be interested/invested in.

I presume you mean the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow and not the park? In which case not really. It's a future history, not an AH. It's possible the concept was revised and implemented but I simply envisaged Disney expanding into the construction industry in an ordinary manner rather than looking to create a city of the future or some such. In any event if a less dramatic EPCOT was implemented or if Disney is just a large landholder, it's rather a corporate dystopia.

I presume you mean the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow and not the park? In which case not really. It's a future history, not an AH. It's possible the concept was revised and implemented but I simply envisaged Disney expanding into the construction industry in an ordinary manner rather than looking to create a city of the future or some such. In any event if a less dramatic EPCOT was implemented or if Disney is just a large landholder, it's rather a corporate dystopia.
I did mean the former, as denoted by me using the form of "EPCOT" with periods to show it's an abbreviation, not just a word, which the actual theme park uses.

Though, in any case, I suppose if given the choice between Christian settlement in northern Canada or a Disney-run megacity, I'd choose the latter. (I like Disney... a lot.)

I did mean the former, as denoted by me using the form of "EPCOT" with periods to show it's an abbreviation, not just a word, which the actual theme park uses.

Though, in any case, I suppose if given the choice between Christian settlement in northern Canada or a Disney-run megacity, I'd choose the latter. (I like Disney... a lot.)
Hex I think you'd do anything to live in even the most hellish dystopias if it was run by the mouse at this point. Calm down.

Rise Catastrophe.png

So currently just trying to mess around with the icecap melted basemap, haven't gotten to Africa or Asia yet so this is a WIP... but, thoughts? I'm probably going to split my Chile-Argentina thing there, so that could be ignored, but thoughts on everything else?

Basically what I have right now is that Canada is basically a superpower now... America suffered a lot in the sea level rise... Mexico is a major power but they're also low-key on the brink of collapse... Europe is advanced but has a fairly small population... NOTE: the white areas outlined in red were devastated so much that they're ungoverned- either the population was reduced so much that there isn't really much to govern, or the devastation shattered most infrastructure and so chaos reigns.

View attachment 499658
So currently just trying to mess around with the icecap melted basemap, haven't gotten to Africa or Asia yet so this is a WIP... but, thoughts? I'm probably going to split my Chile-Argentina thing there, so that could be ignored, but thoughts on everything else?

Basically what I have right now is that Canada is basically a superpower now... America suffered a lot in the sea level rise... Mexico is a major power but they're also low-key on the brink of collapse... Europe is advanced but has a fairly small population... NOTE: the white areas outlined in red were devastated so much that they're ungoverned- either the population was reduced so much that there isn't really much to govern, or the devastation shattered most infrastructure and so chaos reigns.
I imagine a fair few coastal areas in China and India might be white and red.

Hex I think you'd do anything to live in even the most hellish dystopias if it was run by the mouse at this point. Calm down.
Actually, it's more the fact that I suffered through eleven years of Catholic schooling and am not eager to do something like that again, especially if I have to live there. My more... philosophical/secular views would definitely rub them the wrong way even more than in elementary/middle school.

The Disney part? That's an added bonus to make the dystopian society more bearable. If given the choice between a Disney-run dystopia or, say, just the regular modern day US, I'd choose the US every time.

Actually, it's more the fact that I suffered through eleven years of Catholic schooling and am not eager to do something like that again, especially if I have to live there. My more... philosophical/secular views would definitely rub them the wrong way even more than in elementary/middle school.

The Disney part? That's an added bonus to make the dystopian society more bearable. If given the choice between a Disney-run dystopia or, say, just the regular modern day US, I'd choose the US every time.
Ah, ok. That was intended to be a light-hearted joke, wasn't aware there were serious grievances. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.