Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Formosa?? Why? :D
On the other hand, when you are annexing Papua, you should annex Solomon isles too, this way it doesn´t look good...
Also, maybe something in Arabian gulf and/or Guyana? (some hindu minority there?)
Also, some chunk of Australia, those hundreds of millions of south Asians surely need more living space :D
And Aden and Madagascar, with them, India became real master of Indian ocean, mwahaha!
Only if it has Alsace-Lorraine though

Oz.png

The Northern Territory as its own state, which has been brought up a few times, though it would still be referred to as the Northern Territory.

The Northern Territory as its own state, which has been brought up a few times, though it would still be referred to as the Northern Territory.
The Northern Territory State, or the State of the Northern Territory are both far better names because they would be so fucking cursed.

Not really, it's more a double edged sword in general, as nationalism can be used for the better (i.e. the colonial wars of independence); though granted it's often abused by extremists to gain followers as history as shown.

This forum isn't the right place for an in depth political discussion about nationalism/patriotism. We could start a discussion about it in Chat since it is very much a political discussion.
I want to reject all forms of nationalism/patriotism/pride for a certain country/identification with a nation state or nationality ... since I believe that those ideas and identities create conflict and suffering.

Greater_Canada.png

Some proposals for new Canadian provinces and territories
* Turks and Caicos Islands
* Bermuda
* The Bahamas
* Barbados
* Jamaica
* Maine
* Vermont
* Most of the Alaska Panhandle
* Saint Pierre and Miquelon

Not visible:
* Northwest Angle and Elm Point, Minnesota
* Point Roberts, Washington

Formosa?? Why? :D

To quote Shrek: "Good question."

On the other hand, when you are annexing Papua, you should annex Solomon isles too, this way it doesn´t look good...
Also, maybe something in Arabian gulf and/or Guyana? (some hindu minority there?)
Also, some chunk of Australia, those hundreds of millions of south Asians surely need more living space :D
And Aden and Madagascar, with them, India became real master of Indian ocean, mwahaha!

Don't give them ideas...

As an Australian I'm really disappointed this hasn't happened already.

Irredentist_stuff_2.png

A slight change to the irredentist map I showed earlier, with India and Israel removed in order to show the furthest extent of Turkish and Vietnamese claims. Also added Bolivia and Armenia's unofficial claims in Brazil and Turkey.

Edit: Added Armenia's claim on Nakhchivan, Iraq's claim on Khuzestan, the current Mexican-American border as a reference point, and I fixed up the Armenian-Iranian border.

Last edited:
Irredentist_stuff_2.png

A slight change to the irredentist map I showed earlier, with India and Israel removed in order to show the furthest extent of Turkish and Vietnamese claims. Also added Bolivia and Armenia's unofficial claims in Brazil and Turkey.
Wouldn't Polish irredentists claim Lithuania and Kaliningrad as well?

Also that's an interesting Vietnam.

I’m kinda curious, could the Union State of Russia and Belarus count as a proposal that never happened?

Certainly, and like many of the maps in this thread it could count as an idea that hasn't happened yet but may happen in the future.

Also, here's a map showing roughly half of the current governments in exile around the world and the countries they aim to control at some point in the future. Outlining each country is the colour (using the THICC colour scheme) of the country the exiled government is currently residing in and/or controlled by. Most of these if returned to power would likely be used as puppet governments of whichever country they currently reside in.

Gov_in_exile.png

(Ignore the stuff in the corners, I forgot to edit that out)

While not officially listed as a government in exile, I also listed the puppet regime that the US is aiming to install in Venezuela.

As for the others:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Republic_of_Vietnam
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...XzNUW-jRs7dbKF2QCP1EwlpJ83uxNc64_6vGHHTx4.jpg

A quick map of Italy, had either Ciro Menotti's plan to get Francis IV of Modena on board with his project for Italian unification, or the series of revolts that took place around the same time, succeeded:

aFGSrLk.png

Pictured above, the Italian United Provinces (capital: Bologna, but Francis IV would probably keep it in Modena) that resulted from the brief OTL unification of the Papal Legations and the Emilian duchies.

Irredentist_stuff_2.png

Edit: Added Armenia's claim on Nakhchivan, Iraq's claim on Khuzestan, the current Mexican-American border as a reference point, and I fixed up the Armenian-Iranian border.
I added Greater Finland from page 27
1566596836387.png

Did someone order three tubs of raw nightmare fuel? No? Well here you go anyway.

NATDONT.png

This here shows every proposed addition to America's primary weapons system, the geopolitical Death Star known as NATO, along with suggested additions to the network of Major Non-NATO allies. For a more detailed breakdown:

Countries currently aiming for NATO membership: Bosnia, North Macedonia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kosovo
Countries that have debated NATO membership: Finland, Ireland, Moldova, Sweden and Serbia
Other countries that have suggested joining NATO: Azjerbajan and Columbia
Other countries the US has considered adding in: Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, South Africa, India, Singapore (too small to show) and Israel
Suggested new Major Non-NATO allies: Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine (shown within NATO), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman

Did someone order three tubs of raw nightmare fuel? No? Well here you go anyway.

NATDONT.png

This here shows every proposed addition to America's primary weapons system, the geopolitical Death Star known as NATO, along with suggested additions to the network of Major Non-NATO allies. For a more detailed breakdown:

Countries currently aiming for NATO membership: Bosnia, North Macedonia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kosovo
Countries that have debated NATO membership: Finland, Ireland, Moldova, Sweden and Serbia
Other countries that have suggested joining NATO: Azjerbajan and Columbia
Other countries the US has considered adding in: Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, South Africa, India, Singapore (too small to show) and Israel
Suggested new Major Non-NATO allies: Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine (shown within NATO), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman

Interesting but it misses Russia. Russia would definitely fall under the category of "other countries that have suggested joining NATO" like Azerbaijan or Colombia. Technically it should also include the Soviet Union as Gorbachev once suggested it.