Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

map-articleLarge.png

And here's a map from a 2015 article titled "Why China will reclaim Siberia". Note some similarity to the crazy Ukrainian plan shown back on page 103.

Speaking of that plan, here's what it looks like if neither Belarus nor China backstab Russia. An independent Siberia was suggested as an alternative to a Chinese one.

The_Slav_in_the_High_Castlee.png

Last edited:

Dementor

Banned
Im surprised Serbia doesnt have irredebtists claims on Bulgaria or Albania.
Not today, but the spiritual predecessors of the Serbian nationalists of the 1990s, the Chetniks, certainly had territorial claims against both Bulgaria and Albania. By the 1990s even the Serbian ultra-nationalists were realistic enough to understand that raising claims to areas where there were no Serbs whatsoever and more importantly had not been part of Yugoslavia, could only end badly.

The only efforts in this direction were some attempts during Milosevic to portray the Bulgarian minority in Serbia (and by extension, the Bulgarians speaking the same dialect across the border) as a separate "Šopi" ethnic group (in reality the Šopi are a regional group with a mostly Bulgarian identification). But even this was very much a half-hearted effort, since it wasn't really in Yugoslavia's interest to alienate Bulgaria too much.

Latvian region of Latgale

Pretty sure as a Latvian that Latgale a bit more in the westward way, as in being 'pointy', the region goes along two rivers. But it's probably difficult given the resolution. Great map anyway. Thankfully, this will never happen. But perhaps I spoke too soon?

Irredentist_stuff.png

Continuing my modern plans series, here are some modern irredentist claims, based on:

- DT's new plan to annex Greenland
- The ever-present Canadian Anschluss
- The Mexican "Reconquista" idea
- Official territorial claims of Venezuela, Bolivia and Argentina
- Other territory Bolivia held in 1914
- The Polish idea of annexing the land they held before WWII
- The "unified Romania" concept
- The Megali Idea, which some Greeks still unironically support
- Greater Morocco
- Greater Israel except I limited it to the Middle East minus Turkey
- Armenia's idea to unify with their puppet state
- The part of Iran sometimes called "South Azjerbajan", plus the coastal province bordering Azjerbajan which for some reason isn't a part of that area
- The Indian nightmare fuel I showed on page 104
- Greater Mongolia
- Unified Korea, in this case unified by Pyongyang

The Indian nightmare fuel I showed on page 104
Formosa?? Why? :D
On the other hand, when you are annexing Papua, you should annex Solomon isles too, this way it doesn´t look good...
Also, maybe something in Arabian gulf and/or Guyana? (some hindu minority there?)
Also, some chunk of Australia, those hundreds of millions of south Asians surely need more living space :D
And Aden and Madagascar, with them, India became real master of Indian ocean, mwahaha!