DSCF1731.jpg

^The Perraultist symbol?

This is beautiful. What is this from?

I'm really liking the irony of Perrault. Dude campaigns for more democratic elements but then says the international Jewish conspiracy is taking advantage of the increased freedom. Don't forget that the head Illuminists are Jews. So he and Evola will see Jews coming from all sides to destroy Europa, in his mind. It's an interesting conflict.

"I allowed more freedoms to save the country, not to see it desecrated!" In a world with no US Constitution or Bill of Rights to set an example, governments see rights as a thing you are allowed, not guaranteed by your simple existence as a free-thinking human.

Last edited:
Interesting idea: If I ever make a "3.0," have it be the same except told only from a pro-Union perspective, and make it seem like it's a Union history book. That could be reallyyyyy messed up.

Interesting idea: If I ever make a "3.0," have it be the same except told only from a pro-Union perspective, and make it seem like it's a Union history book. That could be reallyyyyy messed up.
if you do a 3.0, I hope you focus on other countries and make them even madder, like make Mexico and Cuba and Hispaniola even more madder before they got invaded, same for Canada. I'm actually sad that there was no mad Canada or Quebec, that would have been interesting to see.

This is beautiful. What is this from?

I did a Google Image search and the only result I found indicated that it was an armband from a group called The Croix De Feu, who were essentially a French Freikorps style group in the interwar era. Which makes it absolutely perfect for Europa's Perraultists

EDIT: Here's the link to the site. It has some more pics that would be perfect for whatever happens in Europa.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww1-a...sa-etc-1914-1918/croix-de-feu-armband-720186/

if you do a 3.0, I hope you focus on other countries and make them even madder, like make Mexico and Cuba and Hispaniola even more madder before they got invaded, same for Canada. I'm actually sad that there was no mad Canada or Quebec, that would have been interesting to see.

Canada sort of created fascism through their total sack and rape of 1812. Lol

I did a Google Image search and the only result I found indicated that it was an armband from a group called The Croix De Feu, who were essentially a French Freikorps style group in the interwar era. Which makes it absolutely perfect for Europa's Perraultists

EDIT: Here's the link to the site. It has some more pics that would be perfect for whatever happens in Europa.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww1-a...sa-etc-1914-1918/croix-de-feu-armband-720186/

Perfect! Muchos gracias!

Ok, so here's a question I have: The Perraultists are on the rise, but Perrault himself presumably bowed out of politics since he didn't run in '32. Plus the organization is mentioned as being a hypercatholic militia devoted to Pope Peter II. So are the Perraultists actually devoted to Perrault (ie dedicated to installing him as a strongman dictator) or are they simply trading on his name to enhance the power of their own movement and the Pope?

Ok, so here's a question I have: The Perraultists are on the rise, but Perrault himself presumably bowed out of politics since he didn't run in '32. Plus the organization is mentioned as being a hypercatholic militia devoted to Pope Peter II. So are the Perraultists actually devoted to Perrault (ie dedicated to installing him as a strongman dictator) or are they simply trading on his name to enhance the power of their own movement and the Pope?

Perrault will likely tip the hat to a younger successor. One more charismatic and extreme. If the Euro crisis deepens, and the economy starts to go down again, all bets are off.

but canada could have stayed fascist and gone further, madder after 1812.

No, I mean their wanton cruelty during 1812 is what triggered the rise of fascism in America.

Perrault will likely tip the hat to a younger successor. One more charismatic and extreme. If the Euro crisis deepens, and the economy starts to go down again, all bets are off.

No, I mean their wanton cruelty during 1812 is what triggered the rise of fascism in America.
I know what you mean, i mean they stayed cruel after 1812.

Perrault will likely tip the hat to a younger successor. One more charismatic and extreme. If the Euro crisis deepens, and the economy starts to go down again, all bets are off

Gotcha. So Europa is essentially a monarchist Weimar Germany, and it's just waiting for it's Hitler *wink*

I remember these guys from rvb Ad Astra Per Astra, https://aapa.fandom.com/wiki/Croixism

Yep, and it says something about that TL that they were the good guys. I honestly think that at least for now, I prefer the RU to that TL's USA. Sure they're not racist, but what they did to the Japanese dwarfed even the Immolation of Mexico.

I know what you mean, i mean they stayed cruel after 1812.

A colony of an absolutist Napoleonic Empire that oppressed the Anglos (who were presumably a majority for quite a while) and that freely contributed soldiers to said Empire's colonial adventures all across the world is pretty friggin cruel in my book.

I have yet to read AAPA, but
Dear God.

Since it's actually a background detail given AAPA's far future focus, I'm going to go ahead and spoil it for you. It should hopefully demonstrate my point too.

Basically, after that TL's WWII, the US occupied the majority of Japan. Hokkaido got the comparative mercy of becoming a USSR puppet. Unlike in OTL, the US A.) Killed the Emperor and B.) Had no intention of ever leaving. Revolts predictably broke out and their portion of Japan became damn near ungovernable. Through a combination of ruthless counter-insurgency and the "Eaton Solution" (think Nazi Hunger Plan) they finally pacified the Japanese by 1971 at the cost of 15 million lives. Then they completely eliminated the Japanese language and culture, deporting any other resistance to prison camps. Plus, they did something similar in a chunk of India they broke off.

The RU will definitely become that evil, but they still aren't yet. Even with Mexico, they at least used a fairly quick way of killing versus starvation. Although I'm sure they'll use it soon enough.

The RU will definitely become that evil, but they still aren't yet. Even with Mexico, they at least used a fairly quick way of killing versus starvation. Although I'm sure they'll use it soon enough.

Don't forget the Cleansing Month. The Union's kill count is probably going to push 20 million by the 1930s.

Don't forget the Cleansing Month. The Union's kill count is probably going to push 20 million by the 1930s.

Ok, that's true. Still those combined planned famines in Japan and India, plus the other war crimes and expansionism being done by that TL's America by the 50's means that the RU has some catch up to do in the "murderous genocidal imperialist America department." Especially given how cruel planned starvation is in comparison to poisoning and machine gunning. I was reading about the Holodomor in Timothy Snyder's Bloodlands and damn near puked. Both are evil, but it takes a special kind of bastard to do something like that.

What's an AAPA?

Another TL on this site set hundreds of years into the future. It's basically space 1984. In the backstory, the US, USSR, and the Germans were all viciously genocidal and expansionist empires who wound up nuking each other.

My thoughts as I read this chapter...

Me: Wow! Europa is recovering from the war pretty well. Look they have a functioning democracy, an economic upswing and Jazz music! This Perrault guy seems like a great, wise...

Perrault: GODDAMN YANKEE JEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Well the sanity was nice while it lasted.

I hope in Steele's America, we see greater participation of blacks, jews, and women in the inner workings of America. Equal Opportunity Evil after all. I'm particularly interested in how Charlotte Baker, the Union's first female general will turn out and her bio, in 1.0 she was mentioned a few times during the World War and having a lesbian affair with Oswald's wife before subsequently being forgotten and never mentioned again after the war. I kinda think it will be interesting to see the Women's Action Corps actually be more vicious than the male soldiers in some regards, to compensate and dispel the image that just because they are women they are no pushovers like for example castrating all their male prisoners of war or something.

I hope in Steele's America, we see greater participation of blacks, jews, and women in the inner workings of America. Equal Opportunity Evil after all. I'm particularly interested in how Charlotte Baker, the Union's first female general will turn out and her bio, in 1.0 she was mentioned a few times during the World War and having a lesbian affair with Oswald's wife before subsequently being forgotten and never mentioned again after the war. I kinda think it will be interesting to see the Women's Action Corps actually be more vicious than the male soldiers in some regards, to compensate and dispel the image that just because they are women they are no pushovers like for example castrating all their male prisoners of war or something.
I think Cassius Clay could be an excellent black leader in the MDP.