Alternate names for republican head of state

The thing to remember is that "president" was a rather humble title - someone who simply presides over all the other position. It didn't have the grandeur it has today. So on that basis:

Overseer, Chief Executive, Manager, First Administrator, Chairman, Facilitator, Executor, Chief implementer.

Other possibilities, mostly humble: Foreman. Administrator. Secretary. Manager. Supervisor. Representative. Selectman. Constable. Commissioner.

Also, San Marino has two Captains Regent. I like that title.

Zen9

Banned
Hmmm....
Some more from old english.

Dightner = Manager (from dight (diht) meaning dictate)
So maybe Landsdightner or Rikesdightner or Statesdightner.
Hātanera = Commander/ caller (from Hāt, meaning spoken/call).

Really deep we might conjure up Ombight which meant official. So Overombight, or Firstombight Highombight etc....

Or if one wants to get even more political. ..
FirstThegn , thegn meaning originally 'servent'.

Sadrazam/Vezir-I Cumhur

For Muslim nations or Muslim nations with high Iranian influences.

If there was no Sultan, Shah or Khan anymore and the Pasha's take control...

Zen9

Banned
Of course there is another answer.....since Germanic languages dropped 'Rex' and used the term 'head of the family' or 'Cyning' (king).

Well, ya'll could go with Pradhanmantri (would be kinda equal to Prime Minister) from Hindi.

The direct translation of President would be Adhyaksh I think. In other indian languages you could say Rashtrapati.

A smaller scale example would be Sarpanch - which is basically like the elected head of a village council in India.

MrGreyOwl's republican title generator!
I got Grand Protector. And you?

Grand Chairman. Mao would be proud.

everything's probably taken already, but I'll try.

As far as English-derived titles go, maybe Ealdorman/Alderman.
Reeve or High Reeve is a possibility. Reeves were usually peasants who were given administration tasks in a feudal manor. I could see it being a president's title in a republic formed by a peasant uprising at an early point in English history.
Advocate or Advocate General.
IDK if someone mentioned naming them after famous republican leaders.
Prelate.
Premier
Speaker
Vox Populi
Archon
Vozhd works for a Slavic republic, especially a more militaristic one. It's used for Communist leaders in Russian but it generally means leader or master. It's been compared to Fuhrer as they both generally mean leader and imply both political and military power. It was used in reference to Stalin and Lenin (Vozhd of the Proletariat or Vozhd of the peoples). It was also used by Karađorđe during the 1st Serbian uprising. He was a peasant, and was actually "president of the governing council of Serbia" for a while. He could have made a republic (since he wasn't a noble, it's quite surprising that his descendants would be kings) and made Vožd the title of the head of state of the Republic of Serbia. Also, Vozhd is kind of like Doge, since it derives from the Slavic equivalent to Duke, which is Voivode/Vojvoda/Wojewoda (literally meaning military leader/warlord but generally translated to duke through its relation to the title bellidux and its later use as a regular noble title). So Vozhd could be translated as Doge if it came to be used in a republican context.

Zen9

Banned
High Reeve. Was the term for the ruler of 'free english Northumberia', after they lost their King.