Sports What Ifs.

Tebow should have worked with a throwing guru (like Tom House, the guy he worked with in OTL. He would still work with him during CFL off-seasons) for a year before entering the CFL in 2009 (and staying there for two years, telling teams that he won't enter the NFL Draft until 2011).
He should have played baseball them, at least he is half decent

Tebow should have worked with a throwing guru (like Tom House, the guy he worked with in OTL. He would still work with him during CFL off-seasons) for a year before entering the CFL in 2009 (and staying there for two years, telling teams that he won't enter the NFL Draft until 2011).

Which puts him in prime position for the Carolina Panthers QB position and leaves the Broncos with getting Cam Newton in the #2 overall. Now, which CFL team would get Tebow in the short term is an interesting question.

He should have played baseball them, at least he is half decent

The problem is how to convince Tebow to do college baseball instead of stopping at middle/jr. high. If he did college ball, there is a fair chance he would be in the MLB Draft instead

Speaking about getting into college for baseball, WI Russell Wilson joined UW-M early enough for both college football AND baseball through his college years, improving his arm and batting?

Which puts him in prime position for the Carolina Panthers QB position and leaves the Broncos with getting Cam Newton in the #2 overall. Now, which CFL team would get Tebow in the short term is an interesting question
Tebow was not that good, he have good marketing but teams figure him out, he is the white kaepernick, Newton was the real deal, plus tebow would a second rounder them.

The problem is how to convince Tebow to do college baseball instead of stopping at middle/jr. high. I
Maybe a bad experience with football and decided baseball have better fundamentals?

WI Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow both declared for the 2009 Draft?

This is super interesting!

If Tebow and Bradford both declare, Sanchez probably doesn't. He only declared in OTL because he was afraid of slipping in the 2010 draft due to the perceived glut that year IIRC (Tebow, Bradford, Colt McCoy)

Stafford's physical attributes probably makes him the #1 pick overall in TTL still.

St. Louis can't take a QB at #2 due to the fact that Bulger's massive contract chewed up too much of their salary cap even if they cut him. Trading him was also out of the question and there's no way they would be willing to spend so much money on the QB position. That being said, Bradford was much more highly regarded than Sanchez so in TTL someone (Redskins) might trade a king's ransom for him.

KC traded for Matt Cassel prior to the draft so they're probably going to stick with their pick. Seattle similarly can't afford to pay Bradford and Hasselbeck, though they might think about trading him in TTL. OTOH Aaron Curry was considered the only can't miss prospect in the 2009 draft (LOLOLOLOLOL).

Tebow though was not seen as a 1st round prospect by pretty much everyone in 2009 (hence why he didn't declare). He's very religious so perhaps he does anyway in TTL because he feels led by God to. Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone goes for him. Maybe McDaniels drafts him a year earlier? Though Tebow being drafted in 2009 likely results in bad outcomes for both Tebow and the team that drafted him, best case scenario would be for him to tumble in the draft and get picked up in the 4th-6th rounds by a team with a superstar QB (Colts, Saints, Patriots). (This isn't outlandish BTW, see A.J. Maccarron) I could see him doing quite well with the Colts in TTL under QB coach (future Colts HC and devout Christian) Frank Reich. One fewer year of being coddled by Urban Meyer's system and additional year(s) of holding a clipboard in the NFL probably would lead to the best possible outcome for Tebow's development.

St. Louis can't take a QB at #2 due to the fact that Bulger's massive contract chewed up too much of their salary cap even if they cut him. Trading him was also out of the question and there's no way they would be willing to spend so much money on the QB position. That being said, Bradford was much more highly regarded than Sanchez so in TTL someone (Redskins) might trade a king's ransom for him.

That would be interesting. Bradford for the Jets would be a great idea to go down, especially in the rise of the Jets that year. Perhaps the team doesn't make as massive a collapse as they did after 2011 with a functional Bradford.

Tebow though was not seen as a 1st round prospect by pretty much everyone in 2009 (hence why he didn't declare). He's very religious so perhaps he does anyway in TTL because he feels led by God to. Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone goes for him. Maybe McDaniels drafts him a year earlier? Though Tebow being drafted in 2009 likely results in bad outcomes for both Tebow and the team that drafted him, best case scenario would be for him to tumble in the draft and get picked up in the 4th-6th rounds by a team with a superstar QB (Colts, Saints, Patriots). (This isn't outlandish BTW, see A.J. Maccarron) I could see him doing quite well with the Colts in TTL under QB coach (future Colts HC and devout Christian) Frank Reich. One fewer year of being coddled by Urban Meyer's system and additional year(s) of holding a clipboard in the NFL probably would lead to the best possible outcome for Tebow's development.

This does leave an interesting prospect. Tebow falling to the fourth round to be picked up by the Saints at #118 would leave Tebow in a fun position. According to some reports, Peyton was keen on bringing in Tebow as QB for the Saints OTL in 2013 in the same position that would make up what Taysom Hill takes up. With a fourth round pick, this leaves Tebow w/o the leverage to say no; if he's taking the field, he'll be either as a backup to knee out (OTL Bridgewater), or as a utility player alongside learning under Brees with TE/WR/etc. as his secondary. With two years under his belt and working on both utility and QB arm work, he could be VERY useful trade bait to the 2011 and 2012 Draft.

Tebow could have been a good addition to the Steelers. They had one of the worst red zone offenses in the league for several years.

Imagine Tebow and CFF lining up side by side in a wildcat formation. You don't know where the snap is going - CFF, Tebow, the running back? Much less what happens next.

Why tebow is so popular is so dumbstuck, thanks Claro Sports to show me college football(and faster internet too), for me he flamed out in baseball and is a decent minor leaguer

Why tebow is so popular is so dumbstuck, thanks Claro Sports to show me college football(and faster internet too), for me he flamed out in baseball and is a decent minor leaguer

I suppose it's the charisma. Tebow's Christianity appeal, good boy charm, and drive makes up for his lack of arm and pocket passing capabilities. I can understand both sides really. He does have a sudden magic when it counts, but is meh at best in the rest of the game.

The white kaepernick in a way, just religion over politics, he got his chance and failed, still his minor league games Made a true what if , at his age have talent.

To be fair, that does give me another question:

Kaepernick was drafted in the 43rd round for the Chicago Cubs. WI, in some crazy idea, he chose to bail football and go for baseball

To be fair, that does give me another question:

Kaepernick was drafted in the 43rd round for the Chicago Cubs. WI, in some crazy idea, he chose to bail football and go for baseball
Athletism he have a lot, and is very dynamic, he would be a very good outfielder. dunno need tape on him.

Portland tried to build a domed stadium in 1964 to get an NFL, AFL, or MLB team, but the proposal was defeated:

https://www.stumptownfooty.com/2014/5/15/5691856/the-50th-anniversary-of-the-death-of-the-delta-dome

I like Portland as a natural rival to Seattle, and Tampa probably gets one in the 70s along with Phoenix and Bart Starr.

Of course, if they go into Carolina and Jacksonville in the 90s and then the Browns and Oilers move, oh holy fuck does that cause a mess.

Portland almost lured the Raiders from Oakland, didn't they?

What if they got the expansion over seattle or one alongside seattle? would we've Portland 'explorers' over expos?

My thought was this - Minnesota goes AFL as franchise #9 when the NFL decides Max Winter doesn’t have his shit together enough. Al Davis gets #10 in New Orleans. The Raiders’ ownership sells to a local investor and the Raiders stay put in Oakland (including the 80s when the new owner isn’t a shithead, but that’s a tale for another day.)

The NFL goes to Dallas in 1960 and Seattle in 1961. The AFL goes to Miami and Cincinnati as in OTL, and the NFL tags Atlanta. With New Orleans taken, the NFL instead goes to Portland as a natural rival for the Seahawks.

Long-term, the Colts stay in the NFC while the Steelers and Browns jump.

My thought was this - Minnesota goes AFL as franchise #9 when the NFL decides Max Winter doesn’t have his shit together enough. Al Davis gets #10 in New Orleans. The Raiders’ ownership sells to a local investor and the Raiders stay put in Oakland (including the 80s when the new owner isn’t a shithead, but that’s a tale for another day.)

The NFL goes to Dallas in 1960 and Seattle in 1961. The AFL goes to Miami and Cincinnati as in OTL, and the NFL tags Atlanta. With New Orleans taken, the NFL instead goes to Portland as a natural rival for the Seahawks.

Long-term, the Colts stay in the NFC while the Steelers and Browns jump.
Nice butterfly chain, so no jags or texans? and the rest....wonder how good portland team(timbers?lumberjacks? Dragons?)

Nice butterfly chain, so no jags or texans? and the rest....wonder how good portland team(timbers?lumberjacks? Dragons?)

Not sure. The NFL would go to 30 (probably Tampa and Phoenix) So I don’t know what they would do in the 90s. The Jags would be a thing if the 90s expansion goes through, and the Texans would only happen if the Oilers moved.

Not sure. The NFL would go to 30 (probably Tampa and Phoenix) So I don’t know what they would do in the 90s. The Jags would be a thing if the 90s expansion goes through, and the Texans would only happen if the Oilers moved.
I think 32 is possible...either there will not be Jags or titans instead...and before you say different colts..depend, i can see Art Modell moving.

Still very wide open, chances for a portland MLB team?