A Matter Of Alt-Historical Plausibility

Could have modern Finland and Estonia ended up majority East Scandinavian in language?

• Yes, if the Swedes started colonizing Greater Finland in earnest during the Early Middle Ages

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm putting together a mod for Crusader Kings 2 and part of it is going to be alt-historical cultural transformations that I'm reasonably sure could have happened in the right circumstances. Since I'm not an expert and I don't want to stray into ASB territory more than the average Paradox game already does, I'm going to ask your opinion on whether or not the culture shifts I've got more doubts about had a realistic chance of happening and make a poll for each question, the results of the closed ones being posted down below.

Poll 1: Finland and Estonia would almost certainly be speaking East Scandinavian languages of their own today, if the Swedes had been colonizing Greater Finland since the Early Middle Ages - this poll was closed early because I found out how underpopulated the region truly was for most of its history: Sweden had about four hundred thousands inhabitants around 1000 AD, Finland reached that number only in the middle of the 18th century.

Last edited: