Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning to have the Chinese dynasty from which settlers would arrive in Arizona (and the West Coast at large) be intentionally vague, but there would be parallels to the Southern Song. As for Chinese characters being on the flag, that's fine by me.
For OTL Arizona's flag having good elements, the flag's goldish star is meant to represent the state's copper industry, while it's red and yellow rays are for symbolizing it's gorgeous sunrises/sunsets. The blue on the flag apparently depicts the Colorado River (or as its known as in this ATL, the Lěngquèhé).

Right, thank.

So here's what I thought up:
  • The flag will have an aspect ratio of 5:8.
  • The flag's width will be divided into fifths. The fifth nearest the hoist will be colored blue, with the rest colored yellow.
  • From the top corner of the blue strip, the characters 仙人掌之地 (honestly, I think this could be abbreviated) will be etched vertically with the same shade of yellow as 4/5ths of the flag.
  • Defacing the yellow field is a red sunburst with stripes numbering in multiples of 8 -- half that number will be "colored" yellow. Inscribed within the central circle is a stylized yellow slilhouette of a cactus thorn, a line which then splits into four and spreads towards four northerly directions from a radial point.
If this is all good, then I'll put this into Inkscape later today.

Right, thank.

So here's what I thought up:
  • The flag will have an aspect ratio of 5:8.
  • The flag's width will be divided into fifths. The fifth nearest the hoist will be colored blue, with the rest colored yellow.
  • From the top corner of the blue strip, the characters 仙人掌之地 (honestly, I think this could be abbreviated) will be etched vertically with the same shade of yellow as 4/5ths of the flag.
  • Defacing the yellow field is a red sunburst with stripes numbering in multiples of 8 -- half that number will be "colored" yellow. Inscribed within the central circle is a stylized yellow slilhouette of a cactus thorn, a line which then splits into four and spreads towards four northerly directions from a radial point.
If this is all good, then I'll put this into Inkscape later today.

I like it! Sounds good.

I like it! Sounds good.

Managed to make two variants. The design ended up more cluttered than I thought, but eh.

Th6J7av.png
2seZ4xq.png

Managed to make two variants. The design ended up more cluttered than I thought, but eh.

Th6J7av.png
2seZ4xq.png

Nice, thanks!
I prefer Design 1 more, personally. Design 2/Inverted looks more like the flag of a Japanese colony. :D

Last edited:
Hey, so, while I've been working on my new timeline for about two months now, it'd be really nice if I could get a bit of assistance, mainly in making one specific map.
It would be of this region in the style of this map:
upload_2019-2-10_16-35-7.png
in this style:
hudsonland eup.png

(of course, without labels or a flag or a name, just the styling of it, please!)

Thanks for any and all help!

Can anyone provide me with a map of North America in World War Z, 3 weeks after the Battle of Yonkers when the US and Canada retreated behind the Rocky Mountains?

I see that the Hudsonland map has pixelated borders - would you prefer your request made in Inkscape or Gimp? Different colours for the state borders vs the international borders?
Gimp, preferably (i just like the pixel aesthetics more so that's why). Same colors for all borders, too. Thanks so much!

1y1TYyS.png

Grey borders, Black Coastline

LjSBx6w.png

Grey borders, Black Coastline, Lakes

hPNakAr.png

Black borders, Black Coastline

Here we go @Bennett - these two were made really quickly using the 8KBAM, I hope it's accurate enough.

If you want something bigger, I can do that as well no problem I just took the quickest route first :)

A bigger version might take a little while longer.
That should be fine, thank you so much!!

Actually, I'm interested in seeing a bigger version, now that I think about it (literally just to label the internals), but you don't have to rush on that, I doubt the TL will be out so soon. Thanks for the help, again!

Actually, I'm interested in seeing a bigger version, now that I think about it (literally just to label the internals), but you don't have to rush on that, I doubt the TL will be out so soon. Thanks for the help, again!

You know I cracked ahead and did it, but now that it is done, I realise it's FAR too big. Which is kind of ironic. I'll do a smaller version tomorrow, sorry for the wait!!!

Also please forgive my lack of knowledge on the Florida Keys and Islands off the coast of North Carolina, I know they're super inaccurate but my basemap was not very clear, please don't crucify me.

Link to the image because I've already posted three images today.

Status
Not open for further replies.