Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
MapofTelluscanvas.png

Map of Tellus, ca 3E1871, from my story "Awakening". (see link in sig for story thread)

Anywhere you want.

Actually, a long time ago I wrote a Basic programme to do just this, but now all it takes is Matlab with their mapping toolbox. If you have that (I got it for work-related reasons), the only change needed to produce a different map is to change a latitude and longitude value. In fact, Matlab can also portray many different projections.

I can do a few requests (if you supply the latitude and longitude!). The only problem is that the maps apparently cannot be written to a file directly (I think), so my screen size is probably a limiting factor.

Ok, maybe you can do it with Canberra?

(It should be around 149 degrees East and 36 degrees South)

Oh, that looks good. Even though you might see some similarities, its refreshing different. :)

Nice though hard to make out some things.

Vielen Dank!

That is the point of that map. I was trying for the effect of an old copy that has been used a lot and been damaged. My fiancee got me a few CS3 Tutorials that I'm going to try to use to improve the look of the damage.

So don't try to use it to discern things, I'll post clean maps eventually that won't be damaged, and thusly will be much clearer.

Austria-Hungary does slightly better on their own against the Hungarians in 1848, but on the other hand, the Russians doesn't help them. Things diverge from there.
CrimeanDiverge.PNG
The world in 1890.

CrimeanDiverge.PNG

The Balkans map is very nice....with the exception that I just can't handle Serbia-wankage....They've been nothing but troublemakers for 700 years...with the exception of Dusan of course....

Status
Not open for further replies.