Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

I’m between graduation and work right now, so I am hopefully going to finish my goal of an epic Kaiserreich AAR. I wanted to focus on the USA, put a ton of options into the randomizer selector, and got...

B58C06A6-336C-40E5-A9B1-FB638A966C69.jpeg

This’ll be fun!

A little factoid from the naval side of KR after looking through the naval tech trees for the UoB/Canada and Germany I found out that during the 2nd Battle of Jutland in the lore Britain somehow lost 9! capital ships. 8 battlecruisers and a dreadnought while Germany makes it out with only one Battlecruiser lost and one battleship damaged. Anyone else find that a little on sided considering the states of both fleets OTL? The Germans somehow managed to get all 4 Mackensens done for the battle while Britain manages to finish all four hoods to a modified and underarmored design but that wouldn't radically alter the battle anyone else like to toss in an opinion or should I just chalk this up to KR handwavium?

Also if you're interested a spreadsheet of all major ships of the major navies in KR circa 1936

A little factoid from the naval side of KR after looking through the naval tech trees for the UoB/Canada and Germany I found out that during the 2nd Battle of Jutland in the lore Britain somehow lost 9! capital ships. 8 battlecruisers and a dreadnought while Germany makes it out with only one Battlecruiser lost and one battleship damaged. Anyone else find that a little on sided considering the states of both fleets OTL? The Germans somehow managed to get all 4 Mackensens done for the battle while Britain manages to finish all four hoods to a modified and underarmored design but that wouldn't radically alter the battle anyone else like to toss in an opinion or should I just chalk this up to KR handwavium?

Also if you're interested a spreadsheet of all major ships of the major navies in KR circa 1936
IIRC the reason for the BC casualties is because they got separated from the fleet and got completely cut off and surrounded by the HSF.

IIRC the reason for the BC casualties is because they got separated from the fleet and got completely cut off and surrounded by the HSF.

Then How and why did 2 entire battle squadrons of the Grand Fleet somehow manage to get far enough away from the Grand Fleet to get itself surrounded and destroyed without the entirety of the RN coming down on the High Seas fleet like a sack of bricks?

Germany only avoided total disaster at Jutland because of poor communication by the RN and by poor ammunition and ammunition handling practices by the British battlecruisers problems that had been fixed in any hypothetical 2nd Jutland, so how did they absolutely pwn the RN in the rematch?

Then How and why did 2 entire battle squadrons of the Grand Fleet somehow manage to get far enough away from the Grand Fleet to get itself surrounded and destroyed without the entirety of the RN coming down on the High Seas fleet like a sack of bricks?

Germany only avoided total disaster at Jutland because of poor communication by the RN and by poor ammunition and ammunition handling practices by the British battlecruisers problems that had been fixed in any hypothetical 2nd Jutland, so how did they absolutely pwn the RN in the rematch?
Fog and lousy weather as to how the RN didn't come thundering down IIRC. They couldn't find the Germans again basically. As for why the BCs got cut off and surrounded they were scouting ahead trying to find the Germans again after the inital battle phase when weather went to absolute shit. Now I'm going to admit I don't know if this is current lore, the old lore or was just a fan theory.

Fog and lousy weather as to how the RN didn't come thundering down IIRC. They couldn't find the Germans again basically. As for why the BCs got cut off and surrounded they were scouting ahead trying to find the Germans again after the inital battle phase when weather went to absolute shit. Now I'm going to admit I don't know if this is current lore, the old lore or was just a fan theory.

TWO Entire Battle squadrons with the QEs presumably tagging along Queen Elizabeths and yet they somehow managed to get far enough from the Grand Fleets and close enough the HSF which was slower than them and the lead elements of the GF and get smashed and destroyed? Plus don't you think what with poor visibility and bad weather the RN would be slightly cautious with its notoriously vulnerable battlecruisers?

Also asked the question on the KR discord and got the answer that the result of 2nd Jutland was handwavium just handwavium

Honestly, since the PoD is that the Germans decide against USW in the Atlantic, I'd say that a better option is the Grand Fleet takes a worse beating at Jutland, then in the rematch the economics of the war (America not getting involved, French collapsing around their ears, Russia collapsed) mean that the Grand Fleet's significantly below fighting strength due to lack of fuel supplies (by late '17 OTL, American raw materials were basically the only thing keeping the French in the war and the Brits weren't that much better). This leads to the Germans pulling a victory on points at Jutland 2--British improved ammo handling is countered by under-strength fleet, German battleships were better anyway--so Britain's lost half its fleet and the morale blow's enough for them to sue for white peace. White peace, British economy's unstable, Revolution hits, American economy collapses in the aftermath, go from there.

Honestly, since the PoD is that the Germans decide against USW in the Atlantic, I'd say that a better option is the Grand Fleet takes a worse beating at Jutland, then in the rematch the economics of the war (America not getting involved, French collapsing around their ears, Russia collapsed) mean that the Grand Fleet's significantly below fighting strength due to lack of fuel supplies (by late '17 OTL, American raw materials were basically the only thing keeping the French in the war and the Brits weren't that much better). This leads to the Germans pulling a victory on points at Jutland 2--British improved ammo handling is countered by under-strength fleet, German battleships were better anyway--so Britain's lost half its fleet and the morale blow's enough for them to sue for white peace. White peace, British economy's unstable, Revolution hits, American economy collapses in the aftermath, go from there.

With the French gone and Russians out one would expect the UK to pour everything into the RN to the detriment of everything else not to mention 2nd Jutland in the KRTL happens before Germany eats France

With the French gone and Russians out one would expect the UK to pour everything into the RN to the detriment of everything else not to mention 2nd Jutland in the KRTL happens before Germany eats France
Successful German espionage op leaves the UK not sure where the German fleet is, the Grand Fleet is split up by a desperate and stressed-out admiral and half of it is bushwhacked and taken out by the HSF?

Implausible I know, but...

hey, which one is more plausible, Germany surviving or falling apart? @Worffan101, what would happen to McArthur America and the Minutemen after they fall to any of the factions in the civil war?

Last edited:
@Worffan101, what would happen to McArthur America and the Minutemen after they fall to any of the factions in the civil war?

MacArthur'd likely be shot for treason. The Minutemen...at least some will go down for warcrimes. Especially if the Syndicalists are victorious - they'd likely have African-Americans doing the fighting for them, and if the AUS get their hands on African-American Syndicalist fighters...would not be pleasant...