Build a world starting with tectonic plates—Oreios

AgarBoy1

Banned
Obviously an incredibly rough draft...
World - Copy.png

That big desert is yellow, mountains are gray, ocean is blue, undecided land is green. Who likey? Is that inland sea enough to stop a giant desert? we could make it bigger...

Obviously an incredibly rough draft...
View attachment 422218

That big desert is yellow, mountains are gray, ocean is blue, undecided land is green. Who likey? Is that inland sea enough to stop a giant desert? we could make it bigger...
A good first draft, but IMHO we shouldn't stick too much to the plate borders, as we can see that this doesn't happen too often with earth's plates.

AgarBoy1

Banned
Don't worry. It just comes with experience, I'm sure you'll be making better things when you have been in the forums as long as I have.
Yeah. I've only been here for a couple days. Also, I think instead of separating 1 and 3 with an ocean, we should use a large inland sea.

AgarBoy1

Banned
Sounds like a plan. Maybe the desert could be high in elevation to the east, because of the mountains, but gradually goes below sea level to the rift. Far in the past, the ocean broke through, filling the gap?

My two cents for what it's worth.
Where 4 and 5 meet should be a subduction zone with island arcs.
Subductions zones will also be where 6 and 10 meet, possibly along the northern edge of 14 as well.
There will be a mid-ocean ridge between 10 and 4, maybe 2 and 14 too.
There will probably be a rift valley between 3 and 1 since theyre moving sort of away from one another.
Another thing helpful would be to determine which type of boundary each plate boundary is (convergent/divergent/transform).

Okay, here's what I have at the moment:

Worldbuilding II continents micro-Worlda.png

You are all invited to edit it. It isn't set on stone of course.

Oh, hey Imperator Frank. A better help I couldn't have asked for. Do you mind if I consult you about a few things later?

Alright! That's very useful in and of itself. I will be making some maps (and I hope others can do so too) which will need to use layers for the final adjustments.
Alright, sweet!
I can add some islands or whatever, just need to know where and how many / how concentrated

Why don't we do something? I'm cleaning up this map and adding some touches and I wish someone could collaborate. I'll do the northern hemisphere, you can do the southern one and then we try to mix them up.

Worldbuilding II pure continents micro-Worlda.png