WIP Map Thread

There are several colours used for South Africa across several colour schemes. The colour scheme you used on the last map you posted here isn't the same one Iserlohn is using.

View attachment 397683

The leftmost colour is of the RCS/UCS, the middle is the TACOS colour (which I think Iserlohn is using), and the rightmost one is the Dutch colour.
I swear to God he's using the Dutch colors, although I do know of TACOS.

Just for further clarification, here's the two colours from Iserlohn's map:

upload_2018-7-19_9-26-3.png

The outside ring is the South Africa colour he is using, and the inner square is the Dutch colour.

Wait, i just noticed that Madagascar's colour is different from that of the British dominions.
Do i smell an independent Merina kingdom?

I actually intended there to have Madagascar gaining independence after the defeat of France, of course with some minor concessions in favor of the victors/"liberators of the Malagasy people".

Let me guess... something involving the Zimmermann Telegram?
(Sorry for slight necroposting, but... i really like your maps, i can't help myself.)

No worries. Actually my premise for that world is quite similar, but different enough: in that world, the Central Powers would originally be just Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Bulgaria... And later to be joined by the United States. I will probably rework the North American borders though, I think I was somewhat too harsh (that will probably mean less of California going to Mexico and only northern Maine going to Canada).

Here's my progress on a Q-BAM map of my ASB timeline. I've finished most of the larger borders in Central and Western Europe, along with the Balkans, Ukraine, and Poland-Lithuania(which my friend pointed out looked like a chef)
Basemap by @TheKo9IsAlive and Austrian borders by @Valdore Javorsky as well as some other places I will credit people for in the final version of the map. Recommendations and constructive criticism are welcome.
aachen.png

Here's my progress on a Q-BAM map of my ASB timeline. I've finished most of the larger borders in Central and Western Europe, along with the Balkans, Ukraine, and Poland-Lithuania(which my friend pointed out looked like a chef)
Basemap by @TheKo9IsAlive and Austrian borders by @Valdore Javorsky as well as some other places I will credit people for in the final version of the map. Recommendations and constructive criticism are welcome.
View attachment 397748
What is that area in Tuscany? One of the large cities managed to keep internal independence before the two republics in the area were usurped and made monarchical? Probably best for me to just ask what the POD or ASB aspect is though, lest I ask the wrong questions. I am looking at the red area aruond Armenia and wondering at the relationship between them and the Russians and Greeks. Are they Armenians? Does the POD involve time travel or something? Just looking at the dark purple area of Anatolia, and am guessing... reconquered Sultanate of Rum? And I just noticed the 90 degree angles in some of the border states in that area. Ahhh, and is Malta British Pink here? Hard for me to tell it apart from the Italian colors in my screen. And unless Rhodes is its own province, or you give it to some monastic or crusading order, might just want to remove the ocean borders it has, since they are fully surrounded by conationals. As for Croatia, I am guessing thinking you should do some changed to it, giving it some more internal regions. Possibly keeping some Military Frontiers, though I am guessing that might be what the dark area is. You having Holzehorren in southern Germany separate from the Prussians? And might as well have Vorelburg shown as another canton of Switzerland, as I don't see them conquering and holding the area and just sitting on it. Who do you have in the area of border day Transnistria?

In this scenario your typical Wolfenstein Supertech Nazis is at a constant war between Fallout-styled US along with her allies and Red Alert!Soviet expy, especially on the moon where the three powers fight over the lunar surfaces for building stations
and I am contemplating whether I should include Supertech!Imperial Japan too or make Japan essentially defeated like OTL and become one of US Allies in Asia instead. What do you guys think? and any suggestions?
Great if not original idea!
I am however sceptic about how Germany could became powerfull enough to face USSR and USA... I think that it need "Ost" to be strong enough (or "Mittelafrika" instead? yeah, army and Hitler wouldn´t be for that, but as long as is ASB that shouldn´t bother anyone...)
Well, about Japan... the same thing mostly :/
What about Europe overruned by the reds while east Asia dominated by Japan? :evilsmile:
(damn, I maybe try to do map of THAT, cold war between greater Japan and red block... that wasn´t there before, or was? -no, red alert does not count, probably-)

View attachment 397605

An ASB map for a world with (biologically enhanced) superpowers, based on the Wold Newton concept. China borders borrowed with permission from @KitFisto1997. Still need to work on a few more details though.
Seems a bit odd South Ossetia and Abdkazia don't get autonomous areas like everyone else down in that area. Also odd for that unit of five republics further up to be united, given that theyhave different languages, religions, and ethnicities.

Great if not original idea!
I am however sceptic about how Germany could became powerfull enough to face USSR and USA... I think that it need "Ost" to be strong enough (or "Mittelafrika" instead? yeah, army and Hitler wouldn´t be for that, but as long as is ASB that shouldn´t bother anyone...)
Well, about Japan... the same thing mostly :/
What about Europe overruned by the reds while east Asia dominated by Japan? :evilsmile:
(damn, I maybe try to do map of THAT, cold war between greater Japan and red block... that wasn´t there before, or was? -no, red alert does not count, probably-)

Well this is Wolfenstein we talking about, the Germans are gonna do just fine but who knows since they're not the only one who have the piece of that delicious ancient Jewish hi-tech stuff in this scenario of mine.

Seems a bit odd South Ossetia and Abdkazia don't get autonomous areas like everyone else down in that area. Also odd for that unit of five republics further up to be united, given that theyhave different languages, religions, and ethnicities.
It's the Federation of Tatarstan, which is like a grouping of those five republics all together. And Abkhazia and South Ossetia were taken from the Georgians, which is why they are not autonomous (still under direct Russian rule)

Well this is Wolfenstein we talking about, the Germans are gonna do just fine
Sure, I understand that. But I doubt that Germany with Poland and Ukraine would be strong enough, it need more land and more resources, I think. Yeah, some super technology could this handicap negate, but since other have some super-tech too... And if they hadn´t, really would nazis stop there?
Not to mention that these borders would be real nightmare to guard.

What is that area in Tuscany? One of the large cities managed to keep internal independence before the two republics in the area were usurped and made monarchical? Probably best for me to just ask what the POD or ASB aspect is though, lest I ask the wrong questions. I am looking at the red area aruond Armenia and wondering at the relationship between them and the Russians and Greeks. Are they Armenians? Does the POD involve time travel or something? Just looking at the dark purple area of Anatolia, and am guessing... reconquered Sultanate of Rum? And I just noticed the 90 degree angles in some of the border states in that area. Ahhh, and is Malta British Pink here? Hard for me to tell it apart from the Italian colors in my screen. And unless Rhodes is its own province, or you give it to some monastic or crusading order, might just want to remove the ocean borders it has, since they are fully surrounded by conationals. As for Croatia, I am guessing thinking you should do some changed to it, giving it some more internal regions. Possibly keeping some Military Frontiers, though I am guessing that might be what the dark area is. You having Holzehorren in southern Germany separate from the Prussians? And might as well have Vorelburg shown as another canton of Switzerland, as I don't see them conquering and holding the area and just sitting on it. Who do you have in the area of border day Transnistria?

Plenty of questions, but I'm not complaining :p

In the year 1900, Julius Caesar and a group of friendly senate members appeared in the place of the Savoy family, and somehow were able to secure the throne (You will soon find out that not much of this was fleshed out too much). When the new Caesar took over and declared a Roman Empire after getting accustomed to his surroundings, a deal was brokered where the old Tuscan Republican government returned to just the city and it's surroundings, while Tuscany became a Roman Provincia. The POD is around 1815, while some things go differently a few years before, 1815 is where Alien Space Bats start flapping their wings. The large red country is indeed a large Armenia, and parts of Anatolia saw transportation of populations and Armenia benefited significantly out of this. They are close allies with the Russians and Greeks, forming a sort of Orthodox alliance, of which Serbia is also part of. Much of Anatolia saw itself ISOT'd, leaving land for the Greeks as well as space for another timeline ISOT where the Turks take over the world :p, something I may or may not include in the map of the whole "universe" of maps, as there's a WorldA equivalent, Mars, and Moon colonies. Anyways, Malta is actually currently owned by Italy, but it's more up in the air. Maybe it'll be Italian, British, Crusader, whatever seems the most fun. I'll probably get rid of Rhodes' water boundaries, thanks for pointing that out. Most nations will have more internal borders, this is a very crude copy of the WorldA as of right now. Alternate settlement patterns lead to a less confusing Balkans (as hard as that is to believe) and Bosnia is an autonomous territory within Croatia. I meant to add Hohenzollern to Prussia, thanks for reminding me. Also i probably should make Vorarlburg a canton, that'd make more sense :p. I copied the map directly from a WorldA, like I said, and I'm probably gonna remove the Transnistria thing because it doesn't make much sense lol

Thanks for all the questions! It always helps and is appreciated :)

View attachment 397748
Is that just me, or are there two Frances; one in exile in Algiers and a (I assume) radical one in Paris?