ST15RM

Banned
can someone convert this to robinson?
combined-venus-shaded-relief-lon-180-center-small.jpg

ST15RM

Banned
I actually found a way to quickly get the shapes of the continents

1. Open Paint.NET and paste a topographic map into the background layer
2. Create another layer and paste the template of the planet you are going to do.
3. In the background layer, use the magic wand tool to select an island or continent.
4. Go to the other layer and fill in the selection with black.
It’s not perfect, but it’s very fast.

Okay, so, better (more accurate!!!) data now, and a slightly more aesthetically-pleasing sea level.

yNQEaS9.png

VvChhZ6.png

3pKuHTx.png

Same disclaimers as before: free to use with permission, NASA data, @Ashtagon's color scheme (though slightly modified now to accomodate all the extra degrees of height represented).
Crossposting from the main map thread!

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
@Serafim I was looking through the solar system maps on your DA account, and the only info i could find about how you made them(at least in english) is that you used Paint.NET and some plugin. Which plugin do you use for creating those types of maps?

@Serafim I was looking through the solar system maps on your DA account, and the only info i could find about how you made them(at least in english) is that you used Paint.NET and some plugin. Which plugin do you use for creating those types of maps?
Yes. This is true. I used the shape3d plugin only

ST15RM

Banned
On my scale 1 pixel equals approximately 30km so Phobos would be about 0.3 pixels nad Deimos would be 0.2 pixels

Every last map I've seen grossly exaggerates their size since they are satellites of a close-by planet.

btw

I see what you did there
So that's why you don't have them on your map, because they are too small?

Hello.
I don't know if I'm addressing on the theme, but can you find and link away a Vulcan's map in the Star Trek? Advance thanks.