Map Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Darth Deatox anyways? Did he have pity on us and decided to not embarrass us further with his remarkable skills, or is he preparing his next map, one that can wipe an entire system out at once, Star Killer style...

edit: or maybe they left with Darth Zalezskus when he was temporarily kicked...

The last time I posted was back in June, teasing a map of Paris that I was working through - but a month or two ago I spilt a whole thing of water onto my laptop, and I lost all my WIPs and anything I hadn't backed up onto the cloud (I've recovered the hard drive since then, so I have everything back). I took the opportunity (while using my creaky old macbook) to start afresh on the Paris map (using a basemap that wasn't so ridiculously inaccurate), and also start a couple new things.

That looks amazing. It's great to see more OTL maps, especially for regions like this that are often neglected. I can't wait to see the finished product.

map_of_the_kingdom_of_denmark__plus_fmr__fgr__by_kitfisto1997-dbnnqma.png

Despite the Cold War-era theories and the more recent, contemporary statements and scenarios by our higher ups, the northern region of the Federal Republic of Germany and the entirety of the Kingdom of Denmark has escaped the Exchange virtually intact – barring the loss of some major German cities such as Hamburg, Bremen and Stade. The missiles intended for Copenhagen, Wilhelmshaven and Kiel were intercepted by elements of the RAF, USAF, RDAF and the Luftwaffe. These cities have since become havens for refugees and have formed an alliance with their Danish neighbour to the north. The Kingdom of Denmark is officially running under a coalition between the military and the democratically-elected Folketing, replete with martial law and mandatory curfews still in place. The northern half of the former German Länder of Schleswig-Holstein was annexed into the realm in 2017 after an apparent referendum on either independence or to become a dependency of the Kingdom. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark passed on some months ago, with her son and then-heir-apparent, King Fredrick X taking the throne in April of 2019 after a lengthy mourning period. The Danish government has aided us in re-establishing contact with the Norwegian and Swedish governments, but attempts to contact the Dutch government located in Groningen have been unsuccessful. Attempts to repair damaged sections of the Kiel Canal have recently been successful, allowing whatever limited maritime traffic to make their way into the Baltic, avoiding the slag heaps of Oslo and Malmo- plus any other coastal Norwegian or Swedish cities that were successfully targeted in the exchange.

-- CLASSIFIED AT THE REQUEST OF THE ROYAL NAVY --

An excerpt from the journal of Sub-Lieutenant M. -REDACTED- Spencer -REDACTED -REDACTED- Viscount of -REDACTED-.

May 3rd 2019

Well… It’s great to be back in a suit again. Finally managed to get an audience with HRH King Fredrick X, as I’m the only guy in the sub that’s qualified enough to do so. It turns out that the nuke intended for Copenhagen hit the Swedish side of the Øresund Bridge and wiped half of Malmö off the map.

I’ve never seen someone to be so shaken from an event… It seems the poor guy aged an extra fifty years in the space of five… At least his wife and kids seem to be ok. Makes me wonder how my own wife is going, probably sealed up in some Swiss bunker…

We got more meetings in the coming days, sorting out trade and military alliances…

May 4th 2019

The Prince of Wales decided to pop over from Portsmouth for tea and biscuits with King Fredrick and myself. I remember meeting with them before the war, along with occasionally spotting them at international meetings and other high society functions. But that was when I was a mere dogsbody for our old UN delegation… Now I’m tapped for being the head diplomat to the reopened Danish Embassy, mere hours after one of the head blokes painted his desk via a penknife to the jugular. I’m only twenty-fucking-seven… From a file-sorting dogsbody to a head honcho in Copenhagen. I could get used to this…

At least it’s not the bloody sub… It might as well be a return to the old, happier times…

May 6th 2019

One of our… less stable… officers decided to get too-hands-on with a local barmaid. Poor guy’s dead now after some jumpy soldier put a bullet through his head once our own officer started to wave his service pistol around.

Another development that I forgot to add earlier was that the local populist parties are now pushing for rogue elements of the Muslim community to be kicked out – citing terrorism or something like that. The local Folkeparti (Is that how you say it? My Danish is rusty) is seeing a surge in popularity and wishes to work with the Military Coalition that has some level of say in the government. Some vigilante groups are threatening to seek revenge for that cartoon drawing way back when by threatening to burn down mosques and lynch Muslims. Cue the surprise of everyone when the Folk’ AND the Army come out and tell the public that anyone that gets within a few metres of a Church or a Mosque with a bomb is going to get shot…

Desperate times call for desperate measures, eh?

May 7th 2019

Well… It happened. Some Arab-looking bloke decided to storm into a church and shoot up the place – either that or some twit wanted to make Anders Brevik proud... Regardless of who shot first, it seems that half of ‘hagen is burning with sirens going this-way-and-that. The revenge attacks continue spiral out of control... I’ve been evacuated with both royals to some safe location in Roskilde while the capital re-enacts the Crusades... This time with guns and suicide vests.

May 9th 2019

The violence managed to dissipate rather quickly… Only took two days until enough of the Muslim ghettos were burnt to a crisp for the neo-Nazi loons to have their fill of blood. A few churches were lost as well and the body count numbers in the high hundreds to the low thousands. Many have been calling this a Civil War… I’m not sure what to call it anymore.

The Military Coalition passed a bill to shunt off any of the captured Jihadists and neo-Nazis to the reconstruction efforts on the Kiel Canal or as cannon fodder in the bandit-ridden areas of Malmö, Oslo or Hamburg. At least it's better than deportation...

-- END OF PAGE 2 --

what happen to Norway and Sweden and Finland ?

Norway got nuked, lost Oslo, Trondheim and a few military bases. Sweden received a glancing blow with the destruction a good chunk of Malmo. Finland survived intact and has started to expand, albeit slowly.

Rosenheim

Donor
For a new D&D game - set roughly 1,000 years after the apocalypse. This is the small nation that the players will be starting out in.

e5x1Tl5.jpg

Last edited:
Well… It happened. Some Arab-looking bloke decided to storm into a church and shoot up the place – either that or some twit wanted to make Anders Brevik proud... Regardless of who shot first, it seems that half of ‘hagen is burning with sirens going this-way-and-that. The revenge attacks continue spiral out of control... I’ve been evacuated with both royals to some safe location in Roskilde while the capital re-enacts the Crusades... This time with guns and suicide vests.

This situation seems so implausible, yet i could see this happening. Frighting stuff.

This situation seems so implausible, yet i could see this happening. Frighting stuff.

It's supposed to be bleak and depressing... :( I guess I nailed it.

If the nukes flew after the Refugee Crisis 'settled in' so to speak... Oooh boy...

France ITTL is starting to look like something out of John Birmingham's Disappearance series with a multi-sided Intifada that has a very Islamist tinge...

Deleted member 67076

A map in progress detailing several Cold War Ideas I've had, mostly focused on Africa. Year is 1975.

Summary is:

>More Chaotic Algerian War, De Gaulle Assassinated, France goes Revanche under a Junta of Generals, Morocco allowed to cash in by taking border areas and Mauritania in exchange for opening up a second front.
>African States leave mostly intact as the Republic of Mali due to this chaos and De Gaulle giving the order to decolonize all at once in 1960
>Despite Fire and Fury, France is forced to withdraw from Algeria due to war debts and a mounting campaign on human rights abuses in war
>The EEC still forms, and is in fact further integrated along due to France staying within NATO and the new Leftist French government pushing for greater integration with Europe. As a result, Ireland, Denmark and the UK are in the EEC by 1960
>Because of the greater international chaos, Nixon wins 1960 and 64, using his previous experience as a platform to garner votes
>Nixon backs and seals alliances with Biafra, Ethiopia, the Kingdom of Libya, Western Congo, and Pakistan, granting them greater military and financial aid.
>Egypt, under Nasser takes advantage of the shifts and expands rapidly. The aftereffects are shown (including cleaving the Congo in 3, as IOTL Nasser and the Soviets supported both the Simba Rebellion and Gizenga's rebellion in the East while the Belgians and British support free Katanga)
>Portugal forms a strong alliance with Biafra. Biafran soldiers due much work in suppressing Angola. Biafra then uses its oil money, isolation from neighbors, and the fear of a revanchist Nigeria to turn into Africa's Israel.
>Competing shifts in policy between Britain and the US lead to a bit of a falling out between the Special Relationship, especially as Nixon backs Pakistan heavily during their war with India. Britain shifts more to the continent, leading to European integration that's faster and deeper than what was there at the time period.

c2PWbxP.png

So heres something Im working on. Still a WIP but starting to come a bit together:
big_blank_world_map_by_fenn_o_manic-d5br9ph=8.png

The British Empire and Commonwealth:

Territorial distribution of the "British Empire" and Commonwealth of Nations, 2016:

Constituent Nations of the "BE" (with representation in the Imperial Parliament):

- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:
- England
- Scotland
- Wales
- Northern Ireland
- Anguilla
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bermuda
- The British Atlantic Islands:
- Asuncion Island
- Saint Helena
- Tristan da Cunha
- The British Virgin Islands
- The Cayman Islands
- The Chagos Islands
- Dominica
- The Falkland Islands
- Fiji (Co Ruled with local Monarchy)
- Gibraltar
- The Kiribati Islands
- Malta
- Montserrat
- The Pitcairn Islands
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- The Seychelles
- The Solomon Islands
- The Turks and Caicos Islands
- Tuvalu

British Overseas Territories:

- (Sovereign Base Areas of) Akrotiri and Dhekelia
- British Antarctic Territory
- The South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands

Crown Dependencies:

- (Bailiwick of) Guernsey
- (Bailiwick of) Jersey
- City of Hong Kong (including Kowloon peninsula and the New territories)
- City of Singapore
- Isle of Man

Special Administrative Zone:

- Suez Canal Administrative Zone

Commonwealth of Nation Members 2016:

- "British Empire"
- (Kingdom Of) Australia
- The Bahamas
- Kingdom of Bahrain
- Republic of Bangladesh
- Barbados
- Belize
- (Republic of) Botswana
- (State of, Abbode of Peace) Brunei
- (Kingdom of) Burundi
- (Union of) Cameroon
- (Kingdom of) Canada
- (Kingdom of) Ghana
- Grenada
- (Co-Operative Republic of) Guyana
- Republic of India
- (Kingdom of) Jamaica
- (Kingdom of) Kenya
- (Emirate of) Kuwait
- Kingdom of Lethoso
- (Republic of) Malawi
- Federation of Malaya
- Mauritius
- (Republic of) Namibia
- (Kingdom of) New Zealand
- (Federal Republic of) Nigeria
- (Free State of) Papua New Guinea
- State of Qatar
- (Union of) Rwanada
- (Kingdom of) Sierra Leone
- (Union of) Sri Lanka / (Kingdom of) Ceylon
- (Republic of) South Sudan
- (Kingdom of Eswatini) Swaziland
- (United Kingdoms of) Tanzania
- (Kingdom of) Tonga
- (Kingdom of) Trinidad and Tobago
- (Federal Kingdoms of) Uganda
- Union of Arab Emirates (UAE)
- (Independent Republic of) Vanuatu
- (Republic of) Zambia
- (Kingdom of) Zimbabwe-Rhodesia

Observer Nations in the C.O.N:

- (Republic of) Burma / (Union of) Myanmar
- (Republic of) Cyprus
- (State of) Palestine
- (Union of) South Africa

Former Nations in the C.O.N:

- (Republic of) Ireland
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- (Union of) South Africa

Commonwealth of Nations Space Service (CoNSS):

- Churchill Station (Orbital - Civilian/Military)
- Elizabeth II Station (Lunar Base - Civilian)
- Mountbatten Station (Orbital - Military)

Satelliete Networks:

- Skynet 6 Network
- British TeleCom Network
- SkyTv Communications Network

Heads of State of the British Empire and Commonwealth of Nations:

Heads of State:

The British Empire and Commonwealth Realm Nations:
- Queen Elizabeth II

- "BEM" Prime Minsister: Rupert Caesar (LibDem)
- "AUS" Prime Minsiter: Alexandra Conroy (Labour)
- "BHS" Prime Minsiter: Perry Christie (PLP)
- "BRB" Prime Minister: Henry owen-Thompson (DPP)
- "BLZ" Prime Minister: Johnny Briceño (PUP)
- "CAN" Prime Minsiter: Isabeau Villere (NLP)
- "GHA" Prime Minister: Abena Busia (NGLP)
- "GRD" Prime Minsiter: Keith Mitchell (NNP)
- "JAM" Prime Minsiter: Howard Bishops (PNP-Lib)
- "KEN" Prime Minsiter: Beth Wambui Mugo (KDP)
- "MUS" Prime Minister: Navin Ramgoolam (Labour)
- "NZL" Prime Minister: Frances Walsh (New Labour)
- "PNG" Prime Minsiter: Phillip Purundi-Jacobs (PNGPM)
- "SLE" Prime Minister: Aluspah Brewah (PHP)
- "SLA/CEY" Prime Minister: Yasodhara Kumaratunga (APLA)
- "TZA" Prime Minsiter: Frederick Lowassa (TLD)
- "TTI" Prime Minister: Edghill Thomas (TTUP)
- "UGA" Prime Minister: Sarah Mugalu (UFA)
- "ZRO" Prime Minsiter: Edgar Muzanenhamo (ZRUF)

Member Nations of the C.O.N:
- K. Bahrain "BHR": King: Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa
Prime Minsiter: Mohammed ibn Salman Al Khalifa

- Rep. Bangladesh "BGD": President: Sheikh Hasina
Vice President: Arafat Rahman
Prime Minsiter: Alexander Askari

- Rep. Botswana "BWA": President: Barbara Modise
Vice President: Charles Maurice

- Sta. Brunei "BRU": Sultan: Al-Muhtadee Billah
State Mufti:

- K. Burundi "BDI": King: Louis Rwagasore II
Prime Minister: Pierre Claver Mbonimpa

- U. Camaroon "CMR": President: Sebastion Punu
Prime Minsiter: Ibrahim Olembe

- Coop. Rep Guyana "GUY": President: Graham Currier
Prime Minsiter: Helen De Villers

- Rep. India "IND": President: Narendra Modi
Vice President:
Prime Minsiter: Vinod Khosla

- Emir. Kuwait "KWT": Sheikh: Mubarak Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah
Prime Minsiter: Ahmed Al-Sadoun
Speaker of the House: Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah

- K. Lethoso "LSO": King: Letsie III
Prime Minister: Bethuel Pakalitha Mosisili

- Rep. Malawi "MWI": President: James Mbowe Nyondo
Vice President: George Mutharika

- Fed. Malaya "MAL": Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Mizan Zainal Abidin of Terengganu
Prime Minsiter: Najib Razak

- Rep. Namibia "NAM": Preisdent: McHenry Venaani
Vice President: Jackson Kaujeua

- F.Rep Nigeria "NIG": President: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua
Vice President: Goodluck Jonathan
President of the Senate: Ken Nnamani

- Sta. Qatar "QAT": Sheikh: Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
Prime Minister: Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani

- U. Rwanada "RWA": King: Yuhu VI
President of the Senate: Fred Rwigyema

- Rep. South Sudan "SSD": President: John Garang de Mabior
Vice President: Riek Machar

- K. Eswatini/Swaziland "KOE/SWZ": King: Mswati III
Ndlovukati : Ntfombi Tfwala
Prime Minister: Bheki Dlamini

- K. Tonga "TON": King: Tupou VI
Prime Minister: Akilisi Pohiva

- U.A. Emirates "UAE": Shiekh/President: Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Shiekh/Vice President: Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

- I. Rep Vanatu "VUT": President: Josias Moli
Prime Minister: Roger Tom Abiut

- Rep. Zambia "ZMB": President: Gladys Nyirongo
Vice President: Lubosi II

Observer Nations of the C.O.N:
- Rep. Burma/ U. Myanmar "RBU/UOM": President: Aung San Suu Kyi
Vice President: Henry Van Thio

- Rep. Cyprus "CYP": President: Andreas Pitsillides
Vice President: Vasileios Karajiannis
Prime Minister: Özkan Murat

- Sta. Palastine "PSE": President: Saeb Erekat
Prime Minsiter: Faisal Husseini

A wip for a map of mine that deals with the aftermath of a (mostly conventional) Able Archer 83 WWIII, using concepts from various maps I made and planned to in them:
k9KJSaU.png

A wip for a map of mine that deals with the aftermath of a (mostly conventional) Able Archer 83 WWIII, using concepts from various maps I made and planned to in them:
k9KJSaU.png

What happen to Canada?

And the Middle East?

When you mean 'mostyl' conventional war...who got nuke? Or hit by other types of WMD's?

China did not eat any nukes?

Status
Not open for further replies.