Map Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another old map.

Alternate 1926.

1926_alternate_world.png

Differences:

Austria-Hungary was fallen during this WWI (and not supported Germany)
New Boer wars
Ottoman Empire not supported Germany, and was fallen; Independent Assyria

Wait a sec... If Aus-Hun didn't join the Great War then what started the thing in the first place?

Isaac Beach

Banned
So how did Francoist rule compare to Macias Nguema's rule?

Welp, can't say I knew he existed until now but I'm guessing that he would be butterflied from ruling the rest of Equatorial Guinea anyhow. Depends. People with glasses aren't put to death and the regime tends not to execute entire villages given they initially had rather small numbers to work with. But entire villages were razed and their peoples disseminated across the island, and people don't have freedom of movement, made much more visceral by the fact the island is so small. The regime certainly has a cult of personality as did Macias, but no central figure demanding godlike respect.
It's more North Korea or some other Asian junta than any comparable African dictatorship. So extreme social repression and death camps, rather than genocide and loony autocrats, Kim Jong-un aside.

To be honest I don't really think most people here actually read published AH, especially given it, well tends to not be of great quality half the time.

That is way more damage than is realistic; North Korea is estimated to only have 13-30 nuclear warheads at present and even if they had the maximum 30 and used them all not only would quite a few fail due to the missiles being shoddy but their would be quite a few shot down before they reached their target; realistically the area that would likely suffer the brunt of it would be Seoul and major South Korean and American military installations; I suppose one or two might hit Japan, but those would probably be only in Okinawa.

So, Seoul is nuked by Piongyang, Piongyang is nuked by the Americans five minutes later, what's left of Corea is taken over by Japan and turned into a giant Hatsune Miku theme park. Good bye KPop, welcome Vocalodia.

So, Seoul is nuked by Piongyang, Piongyang is nuked by the Americans five minutes later, what's left of Corea is taken over by Japan and turned into a giant Hatsune Miku theme park. Good bye KPop, welcome Vocaloidland.

I think that might be worse than OTL North Korea...

Just think about it...

Obnoxious Japanese singing... EVERYWHERE YOU GO...

I kid, I kid. :p

Ahhh have to move quickly for first page!

Sub-Saharan African states partially adopted from @theman7777 ’s Worlda for an uncolonized Africa; pixel art format inspired by @ToixStory ’s excellent Winter Period map, which was a great source of inspiration for this map.

Holy cow, sir. Couple of questions - is there a chance for a map legend at any point? And what worlda map for uncolonized Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.