A Blunted Sickle - Thread II

Sort of feels like the Dutch Army has an unofficial stop line at the German Border(or a little farther at the Ems River) unless the British First Army is no more than a day behind them in getting to that level of advancement.

If this happens, it will tend to support Hitler's idea that the advancement in the north will stop and the area of concern is in the south. Not sure how obvious it is to the Germans which if the advancing armies in the north is Dutch and which are British.

That could work in the allies favour if the Germans assume the offensive is over and shift forces to where they feel the real threat is. A pause long enough to tempt the Germans into redeploying some of the defenders to other sectors and then hit them with everything you can hoping to breakthrough the weakened front line and into the German rear.

That could work in the allies favour if the Germans assume the offensive is over and shift forces to where they feel the real threat is. A pause long enough to tempt the Germans into redeploying some of the defenders to other sectors and then hit them with everything you can hoping to breakthrough the weakened front line and into the German rear.
The problem is that the British aren't particularly interested in a breakthrough at this point. The Feint is toward Hanover. The plan is to encircle all of the Germans in Belgium. If the German lines become decoupled, that may make things easier, but not really necessary until they enclose as many troops as possible. Now whether this destroying troops rather than conquering territory backfires because Stalin realizes that he has Armies larger than all remaining German Troops and does something about in March, that's up to the author.

Now whether this destroying troops rather than conquering territory backfires because Stalin realizes that he has Armies larger than all remaining German Troops and does something about in March, that's up to the author.
The Germans are juggling rotten eggs right now. Only one of them is labelled "RKKA", and the number of eggs is increasing rapidly.

Denmark is still occupied at this point, although I suspect that Denmark might rise up at some-point, maybe with Swedish assistance?
As was pointed out by pdf a while ago, the British don't want the Danes to rise up because it will mess up their nice neat plans which involve lots of German soldiers dying and as few non-Germans as possible. I'm quite sure that British would rather reach Berlin without a single battle being fought in Denmark or Norway. Now a *completely* Union "all in" involving attacks in Norway, Denmark and an invasion at Kiel might be useful, but I'm not sure the Union even has that many troops (and they are still worried about the Soviets).

Fair point. Hmmm... what about "Hungaro-Austrian Empire"?
Right now, if I've got things worked out correctly, the Third Reich and its conquests borders/are in the following countries.
1) Sweden(Union) bordering Norway/Denmark
2) USSR (conquered Poland) bordering German conquered Poland
3) Slovakia bordering German conquered Poland, conquered Czech lands and Germany
4) Hungary bordering Conquered Czech lands and Austria
5) Yugoslavia bordering Austria
6) Italy bordering Austria
7) Leichtenstein bordering Austria
8) Switzerland bordering Austria and Germany
9) France bordering Germany
10) Luxembourg bordering Germany
11) Belgium bordering Germany
12) Netherlands bordering Germany

9-12 area already in the war. 7 & 8 are highly unlikely to get in. 3) Tiso's Slovak state is functionally impossible.

This leaves (ranked in Military power) USSR, Sweden (Union), Italy, Hungary, and Yugoslavia.

Artaxerxes

Banned
As was pointed out by pdf a while ago, the British don't want the Danes to rise up because it will mess up their nice neat plans which involve lots of German soldiers dying and as few non-Germans as possible. I'm quite sure that British would rather reach Berlin without a single battle being fought in Denmark or Norway. Now a *completely* Union "all in" involving attacks in Norway, Denmark and an invasion at Kiel might be useful, but I'm not sure the Union even has that many troops (and they are still worried about the Soviets).

The Brits might not want it but the Danes might have other plans, much like Warsaw otl.

The Brits might not want it but the Danes might have other plans, much like Warsaw otl.
True, *but*, unlike Warsaw, the British have zero interest in changing the Danish governmental structure (Compared to the Soviets). Frankly, Christian X is probably less of an embarassment to London than Leopold III of Belgium. Given various schemes for making sure German doesn't do this again in another 25 years, the Danes might end up with expanded borders even if they *don't* rise up.

Saphroneth

Banned
Given various schemes for making sure German doesn't do this again in another 25 years, the Danes might end up with expanded borders even if they *don't* rise up.
"Hey, buddy? Wanna buy a Schleiswig? I got a Holstein here for you too if you're interested... cut price, cut price, two for one deal.
Wanna buy a Frisian island?"

Would the Dutch Army be close enough to help some? There wouldn't be much in the way of heavier German forces in region.
That *still* vastly over extends them. Remember, TTL would consider OTL's Patton to be insane. You'd need a complete rupture in the German lines *and* Bremen and Hamburg declaring themselves open cities to get close.