DBWI: Former President Scalia (2001-2009) Dies

Word breaking today that former President Scalia has died at the age of 79.

As CNN reported, he was one of the few modern day Presidents to leave office with a high approval rating. Even liberals are sad today.

So what do you say of his legacy folks ?

I think perhaps his successful peace making efforts in the Middle East were the most long ranging, though his appointment of Chief Justice Ginsburg was also historic.

You wouldn't believe the venom some conservatives have been spitting. They're still upset about how he didn't follow their ideas to the letter.

You wouldn't believe the venom some conservatives have been spitting. They're still upset about how he didn't follow their ideas to the letter.

I'm honestly shocked they haven't been treating him like the Gipper when he croaked too, considering he also didn't listen to everything they wanted. Plus, for their faults, both had a popular legacy, although I would say Scalia was notably better than Reagan in that regard. I guess it's a generation thing.

Either way, I really am glad Scalia did so well in setting the trend for peaceful democratic revolution in the Arab World. Without his soft approach to Iraq, at least a few of the countries would've been bloodier, namely Syria and Libya.

with out him america doesn't get single payer. His insistance that it was nessary to protect america from biological attacks got just enough republicans on board that it went through. The insurance companies never forgave him but there are a lot of people who are alive today because of his policies.

I'm honestly shocked they haven't been treating him like the Gipper when he croaked too, considering he also didn't listen to everything they wanted. Plus, for their faults, both had a popular legacy, although I would say Scalia was notably better than Reagan in that regard. I guess it's a generation thing.

Either way, I really am glad Scalia did so well in setting the trend for peaceful democratic revolution in the Arab World. Without his soft approach to Iraq, at least a few of the countries would've been bloodier, namely Syria and Libya.

As a Monarchist I can also say I very much approve of his recognition of the popularity of the House of Sennusi, and thereby his support for the Monarchists in the Civil War. I still remember the party me and my mates had when Gaddafi surrendered to King Mohammed.

Thank God that Scalia was President, he managed to prevent a terrorist attack and led several peace negotiations at the UN , he and Putin became friends including.It Is a pity that his successor in the White House is so incompetent .

Thank God that Scalia was President, he managed to prevent a terrorist attack and led several peace negotiations at the UN , he and Putin became friends including.It Is a pity that his successor in the White House is so incompetent .

It could've been worse, it only took two years to create a lame-duck presidency for that birthday clown.

It could've been worse, it only took two years to create a lame-duck presidency for that birthday clown.

President Giuliani is an incompetent so I do not understand how he was re- elected in 2012 , frankly he took advantage of the well- intentioned actions of President Scalia in 2001 to win the White House in 2008 , although it was a mistake to let John Kerry win the Democratic Nomination in 2008 and 2012, he was a weak Democratic candidate .