Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's mostly just the (Free) Catholics, Mormons and Columbianists (the Jews have them, but they're much thinner on the ground). Those three religions have American and religious expansion as key tenants of their modern dogma, so they're much heavier on the ground on the frontier and in more organized communities.

Jewish militias? In space? I am intrigued.

Jewish militias? In space? I am intrigued.

Jews...IN SPACE!

But Jews settlers tend to concentrate together. Not exactly kibbutzim, but areas with high numbers of them, so they tend to band together into militias for defense against the thing that go bump in the night outside their cabin walls.

Jews...IN SPACE!

But Jews settlers tend to concentrate together. Not exactly kibbutzim, but areas with high numbers of them, so they tend to band together into militias for defense against the thing that go bump in the night outside their cabin walls.

This is very interesting and I very much hope to see this developed some more one day. :D

This is very interesting and I very much hope to see this developed some more one day. :D

Let me just go ahead and put Jewish Space Militias on my AJND To Do List...

Z8PX71Q.gif

It's mostly just the (Free) Catholics, Mormons and Columbianists (the Jews have them, but they're much thinner on the ground). Those three religions have American and religious expansion as key tenants of their modern dogma, so they're much heavier on the ground on the frontier and in more organized communities.
Hmm, this makes me wonder; does Israel still exist in AJND? What's it like if so?

Hmm, this makes me wonder; does Israel still exist in AJND? What's it like if so?

Israel, unfortunately did not survive the Third World War. It was surrounded on all sides by a neo-Nasserite/Baathist United Arab Republic. After the war, many members of the former IDF escaped to the United States and formed the core leadership of the nasceant National Volunteer Police Agency--aka, the Minutemen. Over the next decade or so, the vast majority of Israeli Jews would leave under varying levels of duress, with some going to the United States and many more going to the Soviet Union. There's still a Jewish minority in the UAR and there has been a great deal of liberalization in recent years when it comes to allowing Jews to visit and to settle permanently. There's still a strong paleo-Zionist tendency, but most Zionists are of the cosmo-Zionist tendency, advocating for the creation of a new Jewish state offworld.

NothingNow

Banned
Israel, unfortunately did not survive the Third World War. It was surrounded on all sides by a neo-Nasserite/Baathist United Arab Republic. After the war, many members of the former IDF escaped to the United States and formed the core leadership of the nasceant National Volunteer Police Agency--aka, the Minutemen. Over the next decade or so, the vast majority of Israeli Jews would leave under varying levels of duress, with some going to the United States and many more going to the Soviet Union. There's still a Jewish minority in the UAR and there has been a great deal of liberalization in recent years when it comes to allowing Jews to visit and to settle permanently. There's still a strong paleo-Zionist tendency, but most Zionists are of the cosmo-Zionist tendency, advocating for the creation of a new Jewish state offworld.

Better than trying to duke it out with the UAR again.

That said, I hope they liberalized on Shabbat. Some of the literal arguments on observing shabbat in space are hilarious (and are the only ones that are supported by passages in the Torah.)
Like if you were in orbit you'd be falling in and out of Shabbos each time you pass over the terminator line.
...I really have to find that paper again.

Asami

Banned
Better than trying to duke it out with the UAR again.

That said, I hope they liberalized on Shabbat. Some of the literal arguments on observing shabbat in space are hilarious (and are the only ones that are supported by passages in the Torah.)
Like if you were in orbit you'd be falling in and out of Shabbos each time you pass over the terminator line.
...I really have to find that paper again.

How do Muslims pray in space? :p

Andrew Chung is a West Indian politician who served as the country’s 3rd Prime Minister and first person of color to hold that position. Chung was born to Chinese plantation workers from Zhejiang in Clarendon Parish, Central Jamaica. Owing it to the fact that his parents needed help in the fields, Chung only entered school at the age of 11, when his father achieved relative financial stability and managed to start his own business. Despite that, he graduated with honors and attended Kingston University, where he majored in biology.

Chung worked as a biology teacher at a public school until he got involved local politics, in his early thirties. Due to his charisma and background, Chung quickly found himself popular among Colored West Indians. As his political career skyrocketed, Chung was chosen to run for Prime Minister for the center-left Democratic Labor Party. His running mate was Michael Clinton, a black man from the FU of the Bahamas, who had also previously worked as a public school teacher. Chung ran on an anti-racist and reformist platform, condemning the planter elite and the conservative People’s National Congress, which had ruled the West Indies Federation since its independence in 1954. Despite the fact that the white planters and the centrist National Democratic Party endorsed James McAulay, the PNC candidate, in the end it was not enough, and Chung won in a landslide. Chung was elected to his first term as Prime Minister of the West Indies Federation with the largest percentage of the popular vote (61.4%) in the country’s history, and almost 90% of the Colored vote.

Opposition to the Chung administration was particularly strong, with those who were previously in the government before his election and those in the planter circles being Chung’s most prominent critics.

Chung’s new labor legislation and fierce opposition to the interests of the planter elite led to an attempted coup d’état in 1981. For thirty-eight hours, Chung was removed from Office, before being restored by military loyalists and pro-government demonstrators. During this period, the West Indies Federation was temporarily suspended from the Commonwealth of Nations.

Andrew Chung refocused West Indian foreign policy on achieving more political and economic independence from the United Kingdom adopting a pragmatic approach to the global conflict between the United States and the Soviet Union. His greatest foreign policy achievement is considered to be the successful harboring of eight Mexican students who were fleeing persecution from the country’s junta.

Andrew Chung considered himself a “committed social democrat”. According to opinion polls, he’s one of the West Indies’ most popular Prime Ministers since its independence.

6uvZj1b.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.