A new AHC

I have a list of every country in the world assigned a random number. The first person will say two numbers, afterwards I will reveal the countries and you have to make a scenario where these two fought and who won.:D

Alright sorry for the delay but here it goes.
Codae: Ghana vs Faroe Islands
anon_user: Estonia vs. Haiti
Rediv:Barbados vs. Jordan
fly:Albania vs France

Estonia v. Haiti... are these the only two powers involved, or can I involve more? If the latter...

Estonia, in an effort to increase its presence on the world stage, commits most of its military to the US-led Operation Uphold Democracy under the authority of UN Resolution 940 - troops that are needed since a sizable portion of the US military is committed to UN operations in Somalia, Rwanda, North Korea and Yugoslavia. (Not that there won't be US troops available, just less than there were in OTL). The Estonians, alongside Polish, American, and Argentine troops, successfully defeat the Haitian military government; Estonia suffers 40 casualties during the fighting.

If the former...
Estonia - the union of the governates of Esthonia and Livonia - gained independence in 1858, amidst the collapse of Russia in the Crimean War. Estonian investors contributed significant funds to various projects of the Geffard regime in Haiti; when this regime was overthrown by Sylvane Salnave in 1867, Estonia attempted to 'recoup on its investment' by deploying gunboats and troops to Haiti, ostensibly to support the "legitimate" government of Geffard. Salnave's troops handily defeated the Estonian/Geffardite invasion in Artibonite; the American ambassador to Estonia convinced the Estonians to back down, recognize Salnave, and forget any imperial ambitions.

Odds are that butterflies of a nasty Russian collapse (to the point that the Baltic governates go independent) won't affect Haitian internal politics; they might not even affect the American Civil War too much.

Great brainstorming concept, but it might be a good idea to restrict it to countries on a continent or within a radius.

Great brainstorming concept, but it might be a good idea to restrict it to countries on a continent or within a radius.

But it's much more interesting this way! Otherwise, how would we get scenarios like anon_user's?

@anon_user: I'd really like to see a TL made out of that. Nice scenario.

Now, my turn at this:

42 and 16.

Which one - intervention-happy US or the Governate of Estonia? I feel like the former's more plausible than the latter, to be honest.
I have at least a general sense of how it might've come about - have Kim Il Sung die earlier and his successor be more aggressive (enough to cause a war in '92 or early '93); with the Second Korean War going moderately well for the US and the South, the US gets on an interventionist kick and starts committing more troops to Somalia and Yugoslavia; when the genocide in Rwanda happens, the US intervenes there.
As for the Russian collapse, maybe have Austria-Hungary somehow get pissed off by some aspect of Russian diplomacy in the run-up to war to not merely go neutral, but actually turn on Russia itself? That means that the Russian war effort will be significantly less successful, and the interventionist powers could probably take the Ukraine. Have Nicholas I live longer and be unwilling to make peace, have a palace coup that fails, and have Russia itself collapse into civil war between pro-Tsar and pro-Peace factions, with the Governates of Livonia and Esthonia declaring neutrality and independence to avoid fighting on their territory.

Not sure either is especially realistic, but they fit the requirements...

I knew Haiti wasn't going to be invading anywhere, so the UN intervention came to mind, and I reasoned that in order to make it a war, I had to make it seem like the Haitians had even a slim hope of making it (in the form of having fewer US troops and of the US getting bogged down abroad); when coming up with the latter, I originally put the plot in the '30s, then decided to move a gunboat intervention to the 19th century and picked out a nicely weak point in Haitian history.

Riain

Banned
Riain:Mozambique v.s Vietnam

An important Vietnamese government offical/businessman on safari in mozambique is kidnapped and held for ransom by an organised crime syndicate. Discreet enquiries by the Vietnamese learn that this group has links to high ranking Mozambique government ministers, who are expecting to get a cut of the ransom. The Vietnamese intelligence agency undertakes a mission to both resuce the man and punish the Moz govt. They succeed but the Mozambique govt conducts its own operation in retalliation. This sparks off a viscious low level war between these two countries, who each ally themselves with rebel and dissident groups to conduct attacks on each other.

AHHH so many requests! well I am at my aunts house at the moment and am in the process of making a new list seeing as I dont have the one i made earlier. Please refrain from further numbers untill i come out with the next batch of countries