Alternate Subcultures

Rogov

Banned
We all know punks, mods, and hippies...but what subcultures might come into being in an altered timeline?

Visuals are a plus.

My own example, from an alternate late 70's Britain.

2w6z03a.jpg

Sachyriel

Banned
...Anarcho-fascists? FUCK, I am all about anarcho-fascists, I love the way they can contradict themselves in a single sentence and carry on as if they said something logical.

Gonna quote myself on the Signs and Logos thread for a justification:

Darwinism focused on a "tribe of the superior?" We can work out a pseudo-scientific basis here: pre-civilization, the strongest tribes triumphed, not the strongest individuals (who lead the strongest tribes), as the strongest individuals are not as effective as strong individuals working together. That way, a mob of the elite should rule the ruins populated by the weak.

The Cion State, in my fictional world, has a youth culture that I can describe as vagabond hipsters. They subscribe to a philosophy like nihilism and rebel against their conservative parents by becoming drifters, going from place to place and doing nothing useful. They may have gone the way of the hippies, though.

Rogov

Banned
Idea for Proles: jackets with long, extra-wide sleeves (to look like the sleeves of robes), and modify the bowl cut with the top of the head shaved bald like a friar.

Warsie

Banned
Crazies - an urban tribe of autistics, ADHDers, bipolar and other neurodiverse people. They form their own neighborhoods or just form roaming gangs. Whatever POD that makes there a dedicated otaku ghetto in the united states just like Akibahara - maybe in the future this happens in say San Francisco or Seattle or Portland, or more likely in Vancouver. (all those cities have large numbers of vagrants, many of them from mental facilities that closed down and they moved there due to the relatively nice climate).

Neo-Techies. Distinct from hipsters, they walk around in public in cyberpunk garb and act like they are living in the world of Blade Runner.

Not so alternate, but modified: Moped Gangs. Originally formed by moped connoiseurs, they spread into legit gangs in cities like Chicago and NEw York. Get into conflicts with motorcycle gangs, as well as bicycle gangs (yes there are bicycle gangs). Their main turfs are the highly developed inner city regions, and relatively rarely the suburbs. The idea is influenced by the anime series Durarara and the comic Moped Army, as well as The Warriors i'd say.

also modified: Otaku gangs/weeaboo gangs who go out looking straight out of a shoujo or lolicon anime, or maybe a shounen anime - they incorporate east asian culture - as well as their 'original' culture (e.g. black otaku gangs incorporate Swahili and Ebonics sayings, as well as olld black folk tales into their garb and "feel" - Irish gangs incorporate Irish mythology like the Dullahan as well as other things, etc etc).

I'm tempted to say there could be a separate hikikiomori gang from ex-hikkiomori who networked with fellow hikikiomori in the same city and did not fit into the 'more social' gangs.

I am bumping this too. also related thread
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=4592914#post4592914

...Anarcho-fascists? FUCK, I am all about anarcho-fascists, I love the way they can contradict themselves in a single sentence and carry on as if they said something logical.

Slogans:

All within the illegimitate state, nothing outside the oppressive state, nothing against the inherently evil state!

Voluntary death to the Jews!

Germans, awake! It that's what you want. Its up to you, man.