TILAW- David Cronenberg's Spider-Man

So marvel always shoehorning all their characthers at once rather leave them mature alone...and people call DC desesperated :rolleyes:.

Sarcams aside, a shame what happened Croneberg but seems this more dark noir-esque atmosfere for super heroes(so the dark age of comic moved to cinema too?) and kickstarting a cinematic universe is a pretty big risk and comparing to cleopatra...i'll need more popcorn:D

So nice update as always, that image of green goblin is worth to see, can give us an expanded film summary?

Actually Harrison Ford was offered the title role by Spielberg, but decline.

Here's the IMDB entry: Harrison Ford was offered the title role but declined, saying that some people would not be able to look past the former Indiana Jones as a star to see the importance of the film, set in real life after the Indy movies take place.

Great work TehIrishSoap!

You've inspired me to do a similar project. I just hope mine is as good as yours! :)

With The Lights Out- Music in TTL 90's

Having checked into rehab in September 1993, Kurt Cobain was a changed man.

He acknowledged his heroin problem would become a problem in the long run and was only hurting himself, his family, band mates, and fans, and his battle with depression had dragged him into dark places and came to the conclusion the only way he'd get better is if he sought help.

In the Spring of 1994, he announced he was separating from his wife Courtney, who he cited as having a "bad influence" on his music and was "draining" him both artistically and emotionally.

Nirvana's tour to promote In Utero was delayed by Cobain's entrance into rehab, and wanting to make up for lost time, himself and his band mates pledged to go out and "blow the roof off a room every night".

Their tour for "In Utero" saw them packing out stadiums worldwide, and their titular album, which was seeing dwindling sales following Cobain's rehab entrance, shot up the charts once again, and went back to number one for 9 straight weeks on Billboard.

By the end of 1994, In Utero had sold 22 million copies, Nirvana had #3 number ones on the Billboard Hot 100 and were the "biggest band in the world" according to several music publications.

In contrast, heavy metal was suffering a decline in popularity similar to the 80's hair metal craze, and saw itself constantly behind Grunge in terms of popularity.

One of the major causes of this was the disbandment of Metallica in 1993 following James Hetfield sustaining near-fatal wounds at a show in Montreal in the summer of 1992, and without a band that had both mainstream and critical success, heavy metal once again was relegated to the bowels of rock.

Anthrax were the band that many agreed would be the band to put heavy metal back on top, and a major reason they were the decade's biggest selling heavy metal outfit was their song "Only" being the theme song for Spiderman 2 (owing to director Paul Verhoeven's love of the genre)

Rock music and Superhero films seemed to go hand-in-hand, with notable examples of rock music in films being Filter's "Hey Man Nice Shot" playing over the end credits of Iron Man, Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" being the theme for Sam Raimi's Superman picture, and Rage Against The Machine's "Down Rodeo" scoring Daredevil's fight with Bullseye in the 1996 film.

Actually Harrison Ford was offered the title role by Spielberg, but decline.

Here's the IMDB entry: Harrison Ford was offered the title role but declined, saying that some people would not be able to look past the former Indiana Jones as a star to see the importance of the film, set in real life after the Indy movies take place.

Great work TehIrishSoap!

You've inspired me to do a similar project. I just hope mine is as good as yours! :)

Any other source than IMDB for this?

If Ford does take the role of Schindler in TTL, I'd expect the film to receive even less critical acclaim.

Nice seeing Kurt back into action after facing his inner demons, a fucking disgrace what happened to metallica (Who Shot JH?) and seems heavy metal would take time to recover, that is how butterflies work.

pretty good update and that seems a Daredevil films sooner? against nothing against ben affleck...but he always belonged behind the cameras ;)

GET YER BUMP OUT FOR THE LADS
Any feedback? Suggestions? Ideas?

You're doing it pretty fine, so keep in that route, just focus you want, we've been loving the timeline.

Ummm, so what Happened SMB movie, was cancelled to avoid worse and the sci-fi part was made standalone? oe what happened to it?

I suspect that whilst the metal has faced a significant setback, the metal shall not die but instead shall rise from the ashes greater and stronger than before, on the grounds that nothing can truly kill the metal \m/ :p \m/.

RDJ seems a bit young to be playing Lex Luthor, he was 26 years old in 1991. The average age of Lex Luthor's actors in their first appearance in OTL has been 44, with the youngest, Jesse Eisenberg, being 32.

I'm wondering what the effect of Nirvana being around will have on bands like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden but also on what is now called Jam band scene like The Dave Matthews band, Blues Traveler, Phish and etc. Never mind what does this do to the British third wave that came in OTL in the mid to late 90's?

Thread Update

Delighted to announce due to the popularity of this thread, I'm extending this thread for the foreseeable future! Thanks for all the feedback so far and I hope I can keep entertaining you.

Very nice to hear this will continue.

What will Sam Raimi end up doing at the turn of the century? More of his usual horror stuff?

Sorry I haven't updated recently, I've been super busy with college work but I will post some updates this week! Trust fam, innit bruv.

Ello Ello Ello it's me Michael Caine!

This thread is back with a bang after being swamped with college work.

Now let's crack on with it...

Having just read the beginning of this thread, all I can say is: Thank God somebody other than Cronenberg directed the OTL Spider-Man movie.

Hey guys, I know I promised more updates, but the fact of the matter is I bit off more than I can chew with this one. To be fair, it is my first major TL but I've hit a brick wall and can't come up with ideas. This thread is open for adoption, and in fact I'd like people to take my idea and run with it. Thanks for the feedback, and this won't be the last of me you'll see on AH.com's pop culture section!

Hey guys, I know I promised more updates, but the fact of the matter is I bit off more than I can chew with this one. To be fair, it is my first major TL but I've hit a brick wall and can't come up with ideas. This thread is open for adoption, and in fact I'd like people to take my idea and run with it. Thanks for the feedback, and this won't be the last of me you'll see on AH.com's pop culture section!

Sorry to hear that - I was enjoying reading this.

Maybe rather than abandoning it, why not just brainstorm with a few other users? Make it kind of a collaborative effort.