The Zombie Survival Guide

Diamond

Banned
BasilPoisoning said:
why is it that almost every Zombie movie takes place in englad? And yeah a tank would be good untill you run out of gas. Also a good old southern boy. Ive got two .22 rifles ,a double barreled shotgun ,a couple of knives , home made flamethrower , and home made moltvolt cocktails. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D
What are you talking about? The only two zombie movies I can think of set in Britain are 28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead. That hardly qualifies as 'almost every Zombie movie'. :rolleyes:

And what's a moltvolt?

Eh

Yeah your right. But a few have taken place wich is good enough for me. when will they learn that there no guns,piegons, and driving on the wrong side of the roads just draws crazies and zombies to them! :D

(definatle gonna get sued/attacked for that) :D

seeking map tha out lines the spread of George A.Romero's Zombie plague

Hello everyone :)

I am a Huge fan of George A.Romero's Living Dead Series,I saw the latest movie and it RULZ!!! Ahem!!sorry got carried away, now back to what i was going to say.

I am seeking any maps that show both the areas in which Mr.Romeros zombies first came back to life in and the general spread of the Living dead and the stages of said spread of Zombies.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Joseph

I think I need to take the Zombie Survivial Guide to work - there are enough brain dead people around to make me believe in zombies.

Leej said:
I don't see how old style zombies can take over. 28 days later ones yes but old ones? They are a joke, Shaun of the Dead has it down right.
Even if they do over run main stream civilization somehow you just need to make a reasonable sized moat or picket around your town and you remain safe.
It would be cool for people to move into old castles...

It aint the zombies in the old zombie flicks which do in civilization--its man's reaction to them.

josephperkins said:

I am a Huge fan of George A.Romero's Living Dead Series,I saw the latest movie and it RULZ!!! Ahem!!sorry got carried away, now back to what i was going to say.

I am seeking any maps that show both the areas in which Mr.Romeros zombies first came back to life in and the general spread of the Living dead and the stages of said spread of Zombies.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Joseph
Well Joesph I do believe most of his movies took place in Florida.Where I dont know but its a good start. As for his new movie ive yet to see it but im going to.

josephperkins said:

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Joseph
Well Joesph I do believe most of his movies took place in Florida.Where I dont know but its a good start. As for his new movie ive yet to see it but im going to.

Your answer

josephperkins said:

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Joseph

Actually....

BasilPoisoning said:

I hate to be a nit-picker, but all of George A. Romero's films including his latest film Land of the Dead take place in the area of Pittsburgh, PA. This is because of the fact that it is his hometown. During a recent interview on Entertainment Tonight he bragged about how it was like getting to play with a "new electric toy train set"....

Diamond

Banned
Mr_ Bondoc said:
I hate to be a nit-picker, but all of George A. Romero's films including his latest film Land of the Dead take place in the area of Pittsburgh, PA. This is because of the fact that it is his hometown. During a recent interview on Entertainment Tonight he bragged about how it was like getting to play with a "new electric toy train set"....
I hate to nit-pick further, but Day of the Dead did indeed take place in south Florida.

True Enough...

Diamond- True the story takes place in South Florida, but the film is filmed in Pittburgh, PA. This is something that is a bragging point to a few of my friends from that region. In the original film, the film begins place in the Pittsburgh Allegheny Cemetery outside of downtown Pittsburgh....

Hey guys, i found this forum and decided to post some stuff regarding The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks:)

Is it actually a book of lies and just an alternative history book? if that is so, why would he conjur up so much lies to destroy tourism in certain countries? :confused:

Are the recorded outbreaks lies also?

Glen

I still think that your dreams of post apocalyptic survival are unfounded.

At least in the developed world, the outbreak and means to limit it will be identified early and there will be no break down of the government or society.
Death, unfortunately, will become a rather less dignified process, since the person must be, um, decerebrated shortly after expiration.

The developing world will, however, experience much of the anarchy you posit for a world-wide outbreak, as they will be unable to respond quickly enough in the early stages of the outbreak to effectively contain it. Of course, this will lead to quarantine of those areas and eventual invasion by the military forces of the developed world as they remove this threat from the world. Pity the remaining living in those warzones.

MBarry, you and p99 would probably eventually be sent overseas to deal with the threat....

they would hardly send in the army and blow up the whole town, that would cause too much confusion and dissaray... they wouldn't would they?

Noelm said:
they would hardly send in the army and blow up the whole town, that would cause too much confusion and dissaray... they wouldn't would they?

That what nukes are made for. Incineration of the recently dead.

Roedecker said:
J. Disposal

Studies have shown that Solanum can still inhabit the body of a terminated zombie for up to forty-eight hours. Exercise extreme care when disposing of undead corpses. The head in particular possesses the most serious hazard, given its concentration of the virus. Never handle an undead corpse without protective clothing. Treat it as you would any toxic, highly lethal material. Cremation is the safest, most effective way of disposal. Despite rumors that a pile of burning corpses will spread Solanum in a cloud of smoking plague, common sense would dictate that any virus is unable to survive intense heat, to say nothing of an open flame.

Nuke them. That seems like a handy solution.

Glen

Naw, nukes are are too dirty.

Fuel Air Explosions should do the incineration work nicely...