Which TL is more interesting?

• Total voters
Small point in direct address Dominus is Domine.

"Domine. News from Palmyra."

I would like to see Germanicus become emperor, and try to make moves to restore the republic and fail time and time again, until he gives up or is assassinated, lol.

Thanks for the correction :coldsweat:

I also like the Germanicus idea and my POD was Pierre Grimal claiming in The Roman Civilization that it was said that Tiberius was a republican at heart. Imagine the Drusus and Tiberius side by side trying to restore the power of the Senate.

Maybe, but at the time it would of been for all intents and purposes impossible to restore the former Republic. If they ever actually gave up power, they would probably die, and someone else would end up princeps.

I know this thread is for OP's tl ideas but I don't want to gunk up the site with another small three reply thread and some other people here are doing it.

I have an idea in mind for having Arminius staying loyal to Rome and possibly doing something like becoming a popular senator or even Emperor if I want to be ambitious (will require quite a bit of brainstorming and a weird POD/ butterflies). Obviously it's going to be based heavily on the Rule of Cool where the other rules get fudged a little bit to make things more fun. Thoughts?

I know this thread is for OP's tl ideas but I don't want to gunk up the site with another small three reply thread and some other people here are doing it.

I have an idea in mind for having Arminius staying loyal to Rome and possibly doing something like becoming a popular senator or even Emperor if I want to be ambitious (will require quite a bit of brainstorming and a weird POD/ butterflies). Obviously it's going to be based heavily on the Rule of Cool where the other rules get fudged a little bit to make things more fun. Thoughts?

Emperor might be a bit ASB, the Senate would had a collective hearth attack with a German foreigner leading the Empire, but senator is possible and there were precedents, Caesar placed gallic chiefs on the Senate if I'm not wrong.

But having Arminius as loyal to Rome would had huge implications.

Now a German revolt against Varus, or other governors, would happen but without Arminius convincing Varus they wouldn't had marched in unknown territory. Maybe it would evolve like the Illyrian Revolt. No massacre of the Legions, no "trauma" and no stopping the expansion into Germania.

I like the idea.

Now for all of you, you can post any TL ideas here, you want as long as they are during the Time Frame of the Roman State.