Rise of Imperial France: Through the 19th Century and Beyond

Well. Sorry to contradict once more. But such a kind of mistake would be too big to be crédible.

Though a mistake because it turned into a quagmire, Spain was a much smaller mistake than such a lenient peace with Britain. Britain had been France's arch-enemy for more than a century. It had taken away its enormous colonial empire in north America and in India.

What you are describing is the same as the coalition, in 1814, defeating France on its homeland and leaving Napoleon keep his domination on Italy, Germany and Spain.

I think this just can't work.
If he did this he would certainly suffer a coup at home.

Well. Sorry to contradict once more. But such a kind of mistake would be too big to be crédible.

Though a mistake because it turned into a quagmire, Spain was a much smaller mistake than such a lenient peace with Britain. Britain had been France's arch-enemy for more than a century. It had taken away its enormous colonial empire in north America and in India.

What you are describing is the same as the coalition, in 1814, defeating France on its homeland and leaving Napoleon keep his domination on Italy, Germany and Spain.

I think this just can't work.

I appreciate your input on this matter. What do you suggest I do about it, then?

Either you need France to force much harsher terms on Britain if you want Britain to be defeated on its homeland.

Or you need a more even peace with Britain and France concluding peace before any french succesful invasion.

Or you need some major event on the continent to force Napoleon to be more lenient and go and face some thing like a russian-prussian attack on Poland. But even in this case, peace terms will have to be much harder than you considered if Britain is defeated in its homeland.

Is it generally accepted on ah.com to go back and edit parts of the timeline? I feel that would be a bit.. I don't know how to describe it, just meh. I've also been thinking about making a new TL, totally separate from this one. What do you guys think I should do?

If I were to make a new TL, it would still be based on France but it wouldn't be all about Napoleon and the Empire. It would be written in the same format/style, though.

I appreciate your input on this matter. What do you suggest I do about it, then?

I fully agree that your terms of Britain are to lenient.

At the very least you should consider the following:

• You have a sizeable Spanish contribution to the invasion force. The Spanish would want something in return. Thus Gibraltar should become Spanish at the minimum, British Honduras as well.
  • You also have a sizeable Dutch contribution to the invasion force, hence the Dutch should get back the colonies they lost during the revolutionary wars: South Africa, maybe Ceylon.

I second Monty's suggestions. It will secure the commitment of Spain and the Netherlands as French allies.

About editing your previous posts, it's okay. Other timelines have done it.