Retrospective US Presidential Election: 1972

Vote in the 1972 Retrospective US Presidential Election!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, you may yet be right -- if Wright doesn't unite the hard left, then you may consider yourself vindicated. ;)

(Prediction: 1976 elects a President with less than 30% of the PV.)
She has SPOCK as her Vice-President, so she wins over people who wants a Vice President Spock. Live long and prosper with Wright and Spock in '76!

No, cooperation means they'd get together to support one candidate (preferably the most viable leftist candidate, McGovern) rather than shortsightedly spreading their votes all over the place and giving Nixon an excellent shot at winning the election.

McGovern might be a liberal or a progressive in the American sense but he is far from a leftist candidate.

McGovern wasn't savvy enough for me, either :p I don't dislike him for his positions, but for his ability.

Pro-abortion? Oh yeah, I'm sure McGovern loved aborting fetuses. I'm sure he personally aborted a half dozen of them. :rolleyes:

McGovern was a liberal yes, but he wasn't some sort of wild eyed radical, and by his own admission wasn't even a pacifist.

Exactly-what's the problems half of the board's liberal-left have with him then?

I deeply dislike McGoverns campaign that year. He doesnt really connect well and his positions are hard to tact down. Thats why I was willing to move to the left a bit and vote for a respectable Leftist like Spock.

One more vote before tomorrow and this will match 1904 (with my vote making it even).
At this point I'm thinking about voting for Spock for the cool name. Or Nixon for fun.