new UCS discussion

ive put some in already, but as far as i can tell the others are already taken by other countries (japanese yellow and soviet red for instance)

Pardon my ignorance, but where's Greece in the TACOS?

This, my good sir.

greece.png

yeah, i also made this going on the assumption that people using it would be at least vaguely familiar with references made or be able to infer things ;)

i noticed in the map thread that, even when using other TACOS colors, people still use the original Qing Green for pre-communist/non-nativist china.
so i decided to revise TACOS and give "Manchuria/foreigner-ruled China" back its original UCS bright green color, and i reassigned the original TACOS Manchurian Yellow
to "other/evil religion"

TACOS Color Scheme.png

How about Tyrian Purple for Imperial Rome or Fascist Italy? The current Rome colour can be kept for Republican Rome/Italy.

Blood Red would be a good colour for an "evil" faction like Mordor or Orcs.

Forest Green should be used for Elves.

Sea Green can be used for Atlantis.

Maybe use some shade of red for the Spartans?

How about Tyrian Purple for Imperial Rome or Fascist Italy? The current Rome colour can be kept for Republican Rome/Italy.

Blood Red would be a good colour for an "evil" faction like Mordor or Orcs.

Forest Green should be used for Elves.

Sea Green can be used for Atlantis.

Maybe use some shade of red for the Spartans?
im pretty sure i already assigned alot of those colors to different factions: tyrian purple to phoenicia/lebanon, bloodred to radical/evil ideology, forest green to mid-atlantic US states, and sea green to celtic successor

based on popular opinion, i had changed switched the colors for venice and european-union because people felt that the EU would do better with a blue color. though, looking at some other maps, some mapmakers seem to be a bit resistant to some colors (and understandably so; everyone knows UCS Qing Green, but not TACOS Manchurian Yellow, so i ended up reincluding Qing Green). now, i know a Venetian Republic doesn't come up that often in maps here on AH.com, but i wanted to get some more opinions: should the EU keep blue and Venice beige, or should i revert them back to their original colors (Venetian Blue, European Beige)

The current Venice colour is fine for Croatia, but you need to restore the old colour for Venice. For the EU you can use a darker blue colour, like the blue from the EU flag.