new UCS discussion

so me and three other forum-goers--DrTron, A.M. Turtle, and Super Parker Brothers--have been talking a bit about another version of the UCS, which ive already begun some work on making it. i have a larger version done, but im redoing it with a different format. ive attached what i have so far for the british isles.

i feel there's something missing from the british isle colors thus far (aside from that blank one near the bottom). if anyone can think of any other text information to add in or has suggestions for that last blank color, please say so (otherwise, ill just cover up that blank one

OTTPCS example.png

maybe it could be something for roman or norman britain. at the moment, i think that fits in with "foreign-ruled Britain"

already added one ;) i decided to go with a darkish pink that resulted from overlaying UK-pink with French-dominion-blue, specifically referring to norman england

any suggestions for anything else for the british isles? im gonna merge all those layers to reduce clutter, and once i do, i cant easily edit it again. i want to make sure its more or less perfect first

OTTPCS example.png

Scotland color could be used for Dalriada.
Celtic Britain may be the color for ASB/ATL Camelot.
Latin Britain may represent the Imperium Gallicum supposing it lasts longer.
All of the above may be used in the Ancient Geography discussion (is that still alive?) to represent various tribes. (Other celtic=Fir Bolg?).
Glad that we have a color for Code Geas Britannia now :). Since that may be used for generic weirdness, (like british/japanese personal union, a personal favourite of mine) I don't think ve need other colors for Britain.
I think there's somebody who came out with ASB colors (elves, dwarves, aliens, lichtestein).
Suggestion: could we make TRCS sub palettes?
This is Britain and that's right, now have one for France, one for HRE/Germany, one for Rome/Bizanthium, one for generic weird stuff.
Some colors may overlap, say the "other Celts" may work for both Britons and Gauls (not sure about the Picts) and I'm also not sure if an independent duchy of Brittany would figure into the British subset, or into the French, or both.
Alternatively, each nation could have a weird color that would double as generic ASB (weird Britain=>elves, weird scandinavia=>dwarves(giants?) weird USA=>aliens/mutants, weird China=>undead, weird Japan=>assorted monsters and so on.

EDIT: say we have a North American palette, these would be the colors.
1) USA (states)
2) USA (territories)
3) Canada (provinces)
4) Canada (territories)
5) CSA

5) independent Quebec (French Colonial successor?)
6) Independent Texas (CSA?)
7) Other independent/radical America (Gilead, libertarian secessionist state, Deseret)
8) Communist America
9) ASB America/Aliens/independent California
10) Monarchic America/independent New England from Decades of Darkness (Using the color of Canada if the latter is not independent)

Last edited:
Scotland color could be used for Dalriada.
Celtic Britain may be the color for ASB/ATL Camelot.
Latin Britain may represent the Imperium Gallicum supposing it lasts longer.
All of the above may be used in the Ancient Geography discussion (is that still alive?) to represent various tribes. (Other celtic=Fir Bolg?).
Glad that we have a color for Code Geas Britannia now :). Since that may be used for generic weirdness, (like british/japanese personal union, a personal favourite of mine) I don't think ve need other colors for Britain.
I think there's somebody who came out with ASB colors (elves, dwarves, aliens, lichtestein).
Suggestion: could we make TRCS sub palettes?
This is Britain and that's right, now have one for France, one for HRE/Germany, one for Rome/Bizanthium, one for generic weird stuff.
Some colors may overlap, say the "other Celts" may work for both Britons and Gauls (not sure about the Picts) and I'm also not sure if an independent duchy of Brittany would figure into the British subset, or into the French, or both.
Alternatively, each nation could have a weird color that would double as generic ASB (weird Britain=>elves, weird scandinavia=>dwarves(giants?) weird USA=>aliens/mutants, weird China=>undead, weird Japan=>assorted monsters and so on.

EDIT: say we have a North American palette, these would be the colors.
1) USA (states)
2) USA (territories)
3) Canada (provinces)
4) Canada (territories)
5) CSA

5) independent Quebec (French Colonial successor?)
6) Independent Texas (CSA?)
7) Other independent/radical America (Gilead, libertarian secessionist state, Deseret)
8) Communist America
9) ASB America/Aliens/independent California
10) Monarchic America/independent New England from Decades of Darkness (Using the color of Canada if the latter is not independent)

• done; dalradia noted ;)
  • i think camelot is kind of implied. i also added in a note on the brythonic celts/wales color that it should be noted on the map if its being used for colonies
  • noted; Gauls are now encompassed with romanic britain. i also noted teh franks as being applicable with france's standard color
  • noted; alt-brit/celt can now refer to mythical peoples as well
  • yeah, that color is the same one i use for my britannia :D; not sure about noting a "totally out there" ASB color for each country
  • no comment about the paragraph following the TRCS sentence
  • ive also made one for "States of America" that covers most of that and adds in two colors ive used for the US and CS respectively with different purposes
EDIT: im working on a new update of the UCS (im currently calling it the OTTP CS) and have established, in addition to the british/celts, sections for the commonwealth (australia, canada, and the like), the low countries, various US-like countries, the italian peninsula, france, germany, and the balkans/ancient greece. however, ive got to leave pretty soon, so i cant post it or even finish up with it right now

Last edited:
I would like to remind you guys that the UCS is/was supposed to be a key for easy identification-- too many colors spoil the purpose, to butcher an old saying. If you give colors to every country of every variant, hell, how are people supposed to know what's what?

We already have two perfectly usable systems, one of which has colors for aternate states.