New game: Create the most original or insane "something-punk" subgenre yet !

WildMarsPunk- In the future man colonizes Mars very slowly, supplies and colonist come to Mars slowly too. There is no sense of true government and the law is made up of vigilant sheriffs. In a sense it is the Old American West all over again, deserts, scattered towns, little government, raiders & bandits, only cold and deadlier. The real prize of the Wild Mars is Earth's supplies that has to be rationed due to issues back at good old Earth namely,
"The Rumble" as the Martian Humans call it.

Martian life, It's a game of survival and wits...

And for the Fantasy Punk version you can have Native Martians as another opponent on Wild Mars, wanting the humans off of Mars.

A weird Idea I've been kicking around for a while

Post Scarcity Punk: The world is divided into two classes the haves who could afford to buy the technology for this in the past and the have-not's who couldn't

The Haves live in isolated fusion powered enclaves with nano-fabricators to provide anything they can dream of, biological converters to provide limitless food, automatic doctors and much more. Serving them are robots and cloned slaves programmed using neural education technology. They travel between enclaves via ship, zeppelin, flying car, land ship and more.

The Have nots live a tribal scavenger existence avoiding the haves, occasionally raiding them, occasionally being raided to be reprogrammed as slaves

Dreadnaught-punk

In essence, the wet dream of our resident battleship fans. :D

WildMarsPunk

Nice ! I don't recall ever hearing of a space western set on Mars, so this could be actually interesting as a setting/subgenre. :cool: The closest thing I know of is Al Reynolds' Terminal World (it has some westerny-steampunky bits, but doesn't fit your idea entirely, since it's kind of crossed over with a "Dying Earth"-style science fantasy theme).

Post Scarcity Punk

I assume tensions between these two factions would be downright astronomical.

This is gorillapunk, not chimp-punk.
You're thinking of Dian "Queen of the Jungle" Fossey. :p

I never could get the names right. Plucky ladies studying and helping apes is all that matters to me. :D

Last edited:
Amazonpunk: Nothing to do with matriarchy. The existence of pre-Columbian Amazonian societies has been proven. They were divided into medium sized villages that supported themselves by creating mixtures of ultra-fertile soil and thus were able to grow crops in conjunction with allowing the rainforest around them to continue to exist. Amazonpunk would therefore be a TL where, rather than large urban centers, the world was mostly still wilderness pebbled with medium-sized self-sufficient communities, which perserved natural resources around them.

Isn't that basically the world of the first Fable? Also, wow, someone else read Mortal Engines.

Last edited: