Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map of Hachaiwasen c.1955.png

The Confederacy of Hachaiwasen (commonly referred to as the Ishkodenaki Confederacy) and its constituent nations during the height of the Canadian Century (1904-1962)

1. Shawnee Nation
2. Miami Nation
3. Wabash Nations ( including the Wea, Piankashaw, & Illini)
4. Kikapawa Nation
5. United Sauk & Meskwaki Nations
6. Zhawani-Anishnabe Nations (consisting of the southern Ojibwa, Odawa, & Potawatomi)
7. Wyandot Nation
8. Erielhonan Nation (formerly referred to as “Mingos”)
9. Lenape Nation
10. Cherokee Nation
11. Chickasaw Nation
12. Muskogee Nation
13. Hadioji Nation (Black Canadians)
14. Wemitigooz Nation (French Canadians)
15. Zhaganash Nation (English Canadians)
16. Council City of Kekionga
Not numbered: Odawashko (OTL East Toledo), Upper Sandusky, Waytenon (OTL Lafayette, IN), Terre Haute, Vincennes, Fort Tecumseh (OTL Cairo, IL)

Just a map from a future point in my semi-alive TL Vol de la Vendée.

Last edited:
Nah, Wisconsin is truly split right down the middle. The closer you get to Lake Michigan, the more likely you say "soda." My hometown is right near that tipping point and about half the people say soda, while the other half say pop. And many say "soda pop" so as just not to choose sides.

But we *all* say bubbler. 🙂
I remember having a very heated debate with my health teacher once about whether or not it should be called a water fountain (the correct answer) or a bubbler. ;)

Actually, I'd be curious if these terminology differences are also split along geographic lines. I'd imagine that a lot of younger people, especially Zoomers, would pick up on a lot of lingo from the internet and therefore might not use terms that are historically popular in their region.

Per here, mostly "soda pop" and some "tarzan slam", which suggests to me that it's mostly just an artifact of the fact that very few people live in those regions and one group of bored kids can heavily influence the poll.

One respondant said youtu.be/IucBp1yrr7A?t=37s

"hi welcome to *restaurant* what would you like to drink today?"
"youtu.be/IucBp1yrr7A?t=37s"
"understood coming right up"

GONDOR CALLS FOR AID@2x.png

Gondor calls for aid!
A lil worldbuilding for a collaborative project me and some friends are working on on and off. This Empire is literally Gondor, a formerly great nation that can now barely even control its own territories. I used Imperator Rome's event pics, and ngl they fit perfectly.

To the North there's Weissenland, an unholy union of French and German nations (so the EU) with leanings towards Rhodesia.

To the south there's Argantania, an United Kingdom that is busy fighting wars in its former colonies and has neutral to slightly warm relations with Weissenland. Both nations have their sights set on Othrysia's lands tho.

also, tarzan slam appears a bit too often to be fake, unless this is some sort of targeted thing in multiple states simultaneously.
If I remember right, location was self-reported rather than automatically picked up off of IP address or something. That leaves plenty of space for kids to carpet "tarzan slam" wherever they'd like.

Ruassgg.png

“If only those damn European imperialists hadn't created this Frankenstein's monster of a kingdom, we wouldn't have a seven-sided civil war in a nuclear power right now. Who ever thought this would be a good idea?”

Oh boy the British Empire holds its colonial jackboot over half the world into the modern day. I can't wait for someone to come out of the woodworks to explain how this is somehow actually a good thing.
Well... I, for one, being a loyal subject of the Dominion of Whatever-it-Is (haven't read the TL :p), might actually be living in a civilised country ITTL.... So, may Her Imperial Majesty rest in peace, and God Save the King! :D

Ruassgg.png

“If only those damn European imperialists hadn't created this Frankenstein's monster of a kingdom, we wouldn't have a seven-sided civil war in a nuclear power right now. Who ever thought this would be a good idea?”
Heyyyy, a surviving Soviet Union!

Real talk though is this the same universe as Japan/Germany (and vice versa)?

Oh boy the British Empire holds its colonial jackboot over half the world into the modern day. I can't wait for someone to come out of the woodworks to explain how this is somehow actually a good thing.
Depends on how notational it is. I for one cannot get worked up over either the monarch rubber-stamping toothless viceroys 'recommended' by the elected governments or simple one-person-one-vote parliamentarianism (especiallyeven if there is an independence party centered on the metropole kicking up a fuss).

Status
Not open for further replies.