Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP, map of a world showing biomes and mountains ranges. I don't know how realistic it is but criticism would be welcome.
I'm not totally sure about that one desert way down south, and I suspect some of the other deserts might get shifted a little when you bring in oceanic currents (assuming the planet rotates the same direction as our own).

WIP, map of a world showing biomes and mountains ranges. I don't know how realistic it is but criticism would be welcome.

Those are some really pretty looking coastlines, definitely would pass the realism test! The only critique I can bring to mind is that the distortion at the poles would probably change that antarctica analogue a bit, but honestly can't begrudge you for that - trying to map polar regions is always a big headache.

Another post for that map series; North America in 1945...

wTCi4dd.png

My 1500's Roman Empire WIP thingy

Red is the Roman Empire
Blue is the British Empire
Green is the German Empire
Orange is the Xaio Dynasty
Cyan is Japanese Empire
Yellow is the Islamic Coalition

Sorry if this is bad it's my first map.

Roman empire and others WIP.png

Red is the Roman Empire
Blue is the British Empire
Green is the German Empire
Orange is the Xaio Dynasty
Cyan is Japanese Empire
Yellow is the Islamic Coalition

Sorry if this is bad it's my first map.
Welcome to the forum, mate. The concept cool, but yeah, the map's not that good. If you want any help with the forum or map-making feel-free to PM me. :D

In a hurry so I can't explain a lot. Really wanted to post it though.

WIP of a world in the year 750, somewhat similar to the one posted by B Munro a few pages ago.
One POD is that Emperor Majorian successfully reconquers Africa from the Vandals and avoids getting
assassinated by any barbarian generals. There is a major cleaning out and reorganization of the
Western Empire's administration and bureaucracy and successful reconstitution of much of the
Empire's former domains in Majorian the Great's long and fruitful reign. Towards the end of his reign,
he drives the Franks entirely back across the Rhine and mounts an expedition into Alemannia which
subdues them.

Another somewhat earlier POD is that, during the Western Jin Dynasty, a Chinese sailor ends up
discovering the Americas in a way roughly reminiscent of the semi-legendary voyage to Fusang. The
event was otherwise unremarkable and the crew died soon after landing. As it happens, however, the
ship was carrying horses which were allowed to escape. After a few centuries, they had spread to the
American plains where their use was adopted by the Shoshone peoples, who develop a horse-riding
culture. They also spread to Mesoamerica and the Mississippi basin, where they were domesticated
and revolutionized agriculture.

In Mesoamerica, the Zapotec have built a centralized empire whose capital is now at the conquered
Teotihuacan.

The Hephthalites also conquer the aging Sassanid Empire, adopting much Iranian culture and spreading
Buddhism to the west.

Also the Maya developed a shipbuilding culture and have colonized around the Gulf of Mexico. This has
brought Maya influence to the developing Mississippian civilization and will help the Maya to deal with
the population fluctuations of Yucatan agriculture which in OTL contributed to their decline.

I will explain more later but for now here it is:

Wow, fascinating! It's Mayas somewhat like a Greek to the Zapotec's Persians? Also how's Japan? Still business as usual? And did Wei dynasty in here did better than Tang?

A little map I made:
Can you guess what the scenario is? (please don't point out that you think it's implausible)
I'm guessing its the Umayyad Caliphate defeating the Franks at the Battle of Tours in 732. But then I guess the Umayyads lost to the Abbasids.

Obviously a Muslim victory at the battle of Tour.
So much land grab is in fact implausible but, for me, it fall under the rule of cool :cool:
I'm guessing its the Umayyad Caliphate defeating the Franks at the Battle of Tours in 732. But then I guess the Umayyads lost to the Abbasids.
Ding ding. I created it more as a little thing for history class (we're doing the middle ages), and according to sources by the 800's it was the Abbasid Caliphate. I don't know that much about Middle Eastern history yet- we're mostly doing things about the Franks.

Plague destroys Europe?

Nope. It is a scenario where the story of Nephi and his family from Israel from the Book of Mormon did indeed reach the new world and create the two legendary nations of the Lamanites and Nephites. This is a world where ,because of the technology these ancient Israelites introduce to the new world (save horses), the Americas, or at least the North are much more developed by the time Columbus will arrive.
Basically, because of Ancient Israelites from the Book of Mormon, the New World will be more prepared Biologically and Technologically when the Europeans begin to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.