Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasy Micro Nation Project.

Here is my fantasy Micro-Nation. Things i need for it. (out of order)
1. A name
2. District names
3. City/town names
4. Terrain map
5. 'History'
7. Road map
8. National flag
9. District flags
10. Names of bays,lakes,& rivers
11. River version map
12. World map version
13. Vice President/shared owner
14. Seperate District maps
15. Northeast Pacific map

so if you're willing to help me than thank you in advance.

a.jpg

Fixed up the map from New York, New York.

So just a few questions~

1. Why do the Maritimes leave Canada (instead of possibly Maine joining Canada)?
2. Why did Canada take the Upper Peninsula from Michigan?
3. Independent Wisconsin (But no independent Republic of Sequoyah :p)?
4. Why does California have the northern half of the Baja California Penisula?
5. What's the story with Utah/Independent Las Vegas?
6. Have Venezuela and Guyana managed to resolve their border dispute?
7. Why does the Soviet Union have Moldova?
8. Why is the IADN the most controversial alliance?

They did OTL.

Yes, but they didn't regain Moldova until they occupied Romania after WWII. Assuming that the fall of the Russian Empire/Rise of the Soviet Union was similar to OTL, then I don't see a reason why Moldova shouldn't rejoin Romania after TTL's version of WWI ~ or why the Soviet Union should be able to regain it since it doesn't seem that WWII happened ITTL (or at least in the way it happened IOTL).

Answers are in Red.

1. Why do the Maritimes leave Canada (instead of possibly Maine joining Canada)?

After the Second American Civil War (1894-1896), or basically the War of Independence for most of the countries in what is the Continental Union States, the Republic of Maine was one of the many countries that became independent. After Theodore Roosevelt (President of New York) spoke in Maine about the idea of an "Atlantic Union" in 1903, many thought that its formation was imminent. Roosevelt's Atlantic Union resonated with the Maritime Provinces, being an alliance based solely on power in the Atlantic, a sentiment that grew in the Maritime Provinces. The Maritime Provinces became independent in 1911 in anticipation for the formation of the Atlantic Union, but that didn't happen as anticipated. In 1912, Maine joined the Maritime Provinces.

2. Why did Canada take the Upper Peninsula from Michigan?

During World War I, the United States invaded Canada, New York, and the other breakaway states (In coordination with France and Spain invading Germany, and Austria-Hungary invading Russia and Germany). The US and the other powers were beat back, and were forced to sign the Treaty of Philadelphia in 1918. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan as a result of the treaty was given to Canada, while the Lower Peninsula was made a protectorate of Canada. It would be given back to the US in 1933.

3. Independent Wisconsin (But no independent Republic of Sequoyah :p)?

Yes. Wisconsin became independent after World War I as part of the Treaty of Philadelphia. Sequoyah was (Along with most of Oklahoma) made a demilitarized zone in 1918, and would be reoccupied by the United States in 1934.

4. Why does California have the northern half of the Baja California Penisula?

During World War I, Mexico and the United States made a deal to split the Southwestern Countries between the two. The plan obviously failed, and due to the Treaty of Philadelphia giving absolutely no consideration to the losing powers, California was given Northern Baja California.

5. What's the story with Utah/Independent Las Vegas?

Utah/Northern Nevada is Deseret, one of the countries that became independent during the Second American Civil War. Las Vegas was part of California up until 1943, when during the Second World War California surrendered to the United States. Deseret and Arizona, which at that point in the war were Independent, took over the Las Vegas area and set up a protectorate. It is pretty much the Switzerland (From a banking perspective) of North America, and when California was liberated from the US and Mexico in 1946, Las Vegas was made Independent.

6. Have Venezuela and Guyana managed to resolve their border dispute?

Yes. Mostly a cut-it-out though by the Soviets, who said they would refuse to fund either government if they didn't accept the status-quo.

7. Why does the Soviet Union have Moldova?

Romania was one of the enemies of the Grand Alliance in the Second World War (Or Second Great War in Europe). They split up during the war Hungary with Austria, and took over portions of the Soviet Union when France took over most of Europe. After the war, Romania was partitioned, Transylvania going to Hungary and Moldova/Bessarabia going to the USSR.

8. Why is the IADN the most controversial alliance?

The IADN is made up of the countries who caused the most issues of the 20th Century. The United States, France, Spain, Austria, Romania, Japan, and Mexico, as well as a few other smaller countries. This alliance has existed technically since 1914 when the First World War started, so many people have come to really dislike the countries in the alliance. The Grand Alliance and COMINTERN even have treaties in place that should the IADN try to start another war, they would put aside their differences and curb-stomp the IADN.

Celcius 232

Banned

The world in 2012. The major world economic powers are the United States, United Kingdom, Soviet Union, Japan, Korea, the German Empire, New York, and California. The major alliances are the Grand Alliance (UK, Germany, Italy, New York, New England, California, Texas, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand), the Communist International (Soviet Union, Mongolia, Manchuria, People's Republic of China, Korea, East Turkestan, Tuvan People's Republic, Afghanistan, South Yemen, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, and Cuba). The United States, France, Spain, Austria, Japan, Mexico, Republic of China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, India all form the International Alliance of Democratic Nations (IADN), a third way alliance that is somewhat nationalist, and of the three major alliances in the world are the most controv

What is that little nation south of Utah/Nevada?

The world in 2012. The major world economic powers are the United States, United Kingdom, Soviet Union, Japan, Korea, the German Empire, New York, and California. The major alliances are the Grand Alliance (UK, Germany, Italy, New York, New England, California, Texas, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand), the Communist International (Soviet Union, Mongolia, Manchuria, People's Republic of China, Korea, East Turkestan, Tuvan People's Republic, Afghanistan, South Yemen, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, and Cuba). The United States, France, Spain, Austria, Japan, Mexico, Republic of China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, India all form the International Alliance of Democratic Nations (IADN), a third way alliance that is somewhat nationalist, and of the three major alliances in the world are the most controversial.

Update that damn TL.

sorry i'm so late replying to this; i'm so used to ignoring teh Map Thread that i completely forgot i'd posted my map :p:D
That's cool. However, I don't think you're going to get a Savannah at the equator in *Gibraltar. I think it's going to be rain forests, even with the greater elevation, and definitely rainforest further in along the *Med coast. Also, why isn't *Germany and *France rainforest?
the biome designations are largely based on this map, but i added in some new stuff, like mountains based on a different map, and i also added in some transitional environments like taiga inbetween tundra and warmer climes
That's awesome!

Blood for the Blood God? :D
:p

The world in 2012. The major world economic powers are the United States, United Kingdom, Soviet Union, Japan, Korea, the German Empire, New York, and California. The major alliances are the Grand Alliance (UK, Germany, Italy, New York, New England, California, Texas, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand), the Communist International (Soviet Union, Mongolia, Manchuria, People's Republic of China, Korea, East Turkestan, Tuvan People's Republic, Afghanistan, South Yemen, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, and Cuba). The United States, France, Spain, Austria, Japan, Mexico, Republic of China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, India all form the International Alliance of Democratic Nations (IADN), a third way alliance that is somewhat nationalist, and of the three major alliances in the world are the most controversial.

Cool beans. So *WWII was Germany and someones vs an agressor France and someones? I would expect more visual evidence of PWNing, but ok...I'm a bit more puzzled by the North Chinese still hanging with the Russians given the whole "stole Manchuria" thing, if they're not an out and out puppet. Nobody else wants them in their clubhouse?

Bruce

1. A name
2. District names
3. City/town names
4. Terrain map
5. 'History'
7. Road map
8. National flag
9. District flags
11. River version map
12. World map version

If this an island?

EDIT: I've got a topographical map ready.

Last edited:

Celcius 232

Banned
1. A name
2. District names
3. City/town names
4. Terrain map
5. 'History'
7. Road map
8. National flag
9. District flags
11. River version map
12. World map version

Could this help?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toponymy_in_the_United_Kingdom_and_Ireland

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...place_names_in_the_United_Kingdom_and_Ireland

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_placename_etymology#section_1

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forms_of_government

Status
Not open for further replies.