Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A personal favorite map of mine that I did. Worked hard on India as well.

Napoleonic France Wank2.png

Follow up map of my previous map. Year 1948 (war ended in 1846) soon after the Third Global War. Germany annexs Chamoagne Ardenne and Franchecompte mostly just to shrink France and to have more of a buffer. They also set up a puppet "Republic of Normandy" with its capital in Chartes. The border follows the Loire and the Seine but Paris stays in France

Belgium takes more land mostly as a buffer. (Something tells me that Belgium might become a primarily French speaking country)

Italy annexs eveything to the Rhine. Greece takes back Constaniople and some of Ottoman Antolia (the Ottomans werent forced to accept the harsh peace until a Fission bomb was dropped on Anakara)*. After having the USSR only be turned back at Seelow Heights not to mention thier bombers having devastated Berlin and most other German cities, Germany and its puppets are intrested in only breaking off as much land from Russia as possible. Germany puts Alexi (who ITTL along with Anastasia survive the murder of their family) on the thrown as a Constutional Monarch. Knowing that since Germany took thm in after the revoloution that he'll be an ally. Not to mention hes more intent on taking back the Pacific Territories the Japanese took late in Global War III.

Romainia finishes off Bulgaria though resistance remains, Yugoslavia is a bit upset that even though it assited Greece and Romainia in attacking Bulgaria it gains nothing.

Irelan takes Northern Ireland from the British after the UK used it as a stageing area for the invasion of Ireland. Also Italy annexed Palestine from the Ottomans to set up a Jewish homeland after the Soviet Jewish Holocaust was revealed.

The US when it started to wrap up its bussiness with Communist Mexico had a DDay-esque landing by Gibralter and occupies southern Spain

*Abombs are called Fission bombs ITTL also the term Nuked is replaced with Fissioned
List of Cities Fissioned
Europe
1-Bordeaux(France)
2-Moscow(USSR)
3-Stalingrad(USSR)
4-Cologne(Germany)
5-Toulouse(France)
6-Novogrod(USSR)
7-Madrid(Spain)
8-Bristol(England/UK)
9-Ankara(Ottoman)

North America
1-Puebla(Mexico)
2-Port-au-Prince(United States of America)
3-Merida(Mexico)

any questions on this probably improbabal but still cool pic
51stameurope1946-1.jpg

Lukkonle

Banned
Congress Poland with Galicia and Moravia?
Not really implausible. Possible POD could much stronge neoslavic movement in late XIX and early century resulting in Western Slavic confederation that is puppet of Russian Empire. Polish Czechoslovak Confederation was also pursued in 1939-1942(it ended due to Stalin's rejection of the idea).

Last edited:
Macedonia-wank! None of this "Former Yugoslav Republic" business, I see. It looks like they're a less well-armed version of North Korea. Maybe less totalitarian.

Time to inaugerate the new thread with a slapped together althist, PoD in the migration age.

Very cool indeed, changed medieval migrations, long-surviving Roman Empire (although having lasted as that long, it’s a bit surprising that Italy breaks up in so many wee chunks).

A few questions:

Karlian Kingdom: is that anything like Saudi Arabia? :D

Velikorus: Slavic, or something else?

Slanting stripes: disputed territory? Joint rule? Multiple languages?

Natezland (Natchez?)/Holy Dakota: native American states, or “mixed?”

Where did you get the name for “Palengal?”

SPQ Africanus: some sort of early medieval colonization of West Africa by the Romans, leading to a Romanized Sahel?

Guiscardia: originally a Karlian colony?

And what’s the religious distribution?

Best,
Bruce

Here's a map I worked on. A slight Ameriwank, it's what might have happened had the US done better in the Revolution and War of 1812. I would imagine the US ended up with most of OTL Western Canada and focused there and less in the South. (No Mexican War IOW).

sourceNA.PNG

Here's a map I worked on. A slight Ameriwank, it's what might have happened had the US done better in the Revolution and War of 1812. I would imagine the US ended up with most of OTL Western Canada and focused there and less in the South. (No Mexican War IOW).

If the US did better in the revolution and 1812 then they would have eastern Canada, not western Canada.

I was thinking that they would have got settlement rights for Western Canada in exchange for giving back the areas of Quebec and Ontario they held).

Good idea, but the map needs a bit more work. The OTL borders of states in the American West are largely arbitrary, and therefore butterflies should be considered. Also the border with Mexico is really weird. Before the Mexican War it did not follow any OTL state borders (except in the far west). Look at
Adams_onis_map.png

If you want to add Texas to that, I think you should make the border the San Antonio River (perhaps the Nueces) and then the 100th parallel west.

Those are just some suggestions/constructive criticism. I hope I don't come off as rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.