Let's develop a language

It should be in the 'Nouns for Nations and Places' page, accessible from the Nouns page, rather than directly linked on the front page.

Or perhaps separate it into Nouns for Nations as one page and Nouns for Places as another.

I thought it would be simpler the way it is now since it is a large list.

I thought it would be simpler the way it is now since it is a large list.
Exactly, so we should move it to the 'Nouns for Nations and Places' page, then change the name of that page to 'Nouns for Nations', then create a new page called 'Nouns for Places'.

So you mean, "singular/paucal/plural" is more appealing than "singular/dual/plural"?

I like this idea as well. We already have the suffix "-in" meaning plural (many) we only need to create another suffix meaning "a few".
Might I suggest "-ém".
So
pot = person
potém = a handful of people
potin = many/all people

In my opinion, 'é' sounds really bad as a second syllable, since the first syllable is always stressed. It only really works as a first syllable, or one between two unstressed syllables. Example of a good use of 'é': gédaz, cadaména.

Remember, 'é' is the 'euh' sound in 'good'. It doesn't really exist in Spanish so I can't provide a Spanish example.

In my opinion, 'é' sounds really bad as a second syllable, since the first syllable is always stressed. It only really works as a first syllable, or one between two unstressed syllables. Example of a good use of 'é': gédaz, cadaména.

Remember, 'é' is the 'euh' sound in 'good'. It doesn't really exist in Spanish so I can't provide a Spanish example.

You are right, é has way too long a sound to be at the end. Does not sound bad but it does not sound good for this language.

If we just have it as "-um"?

You are right, é has way too long a sound to be at the end. Does not sound bad but it does not sound good for this language.

If we just have it as "-um"?

Well that's Latin.

What about adding '-uŕ':

pot = one person
potuŕ = two to three people
potin = many people

I suggest we put on the wiki a full English-to-Xişaŕo page of all of the words we have come up with so far.

Also, I'm now developing my own language, basing it on Swedish, English, French, Dutch, Italian, Romanian, Russian and Finnish, with a bit of Hindi, Arabic, and Japanese thrown in (mostly loan words from those three...). Should I set up a thread and/or wiki for help?

I suggest we put on the wiki a full English-to-Xişaŕo page of all of the words we have come up with so far.

Also, I'm now developing my own language, basing it on Swedish, English, French, Dutch, Italian, Romanian, Russian and Finnish, with a bit of Hindi, Arabic, and Japanese thrown in (mostly loan words from those three...). Should I set up a thread and/or wiki for help?

There's a full word list a page or two back in this thread.

Perhaps if we put this in the framework of a world setting, a TL if you would, perhaps it would continue to draw enough attention from users to develop, sort of like how Kemrese sparked Ill Bethisad. Perhaps a world development joint-TL is what is needed for us Conlangers and Conculturalists on this site, if only to continue our work on Xişaŕo.

Sorry if that is a tad ranty/unreadable. Just turned 21, so I am having a bit of difficulty making things come across properly.

Perhaps if we put this in the framework of a world setting, a TL if you would, perhaps it would continue to draw enough attention from users to develop, sort of like how Kemrese sparked Ill Bethisad. Perhaps a world development joint-TL is what is needed for us Conlangers and Conculturalists on this site, if only to continue our work on Xişaŕo.

Sorry if that is a tad ranty/unreadable. Just turned 21, so I am having a bit of difficulty making things come across properly.
But then that will result in that thread's new conlangs getting the most attention, and the older ones being ignored. For the new ones, you can make up whatever words you want to mean whatever you want, and you can help decide grammar and stuff. For old ones, grammar is mostly decided, and common words have already been decided.

I think what we need to do it organize what we need to have, because what people seem to like to do to contribute to this is simply make up a random list of related words.

I'll throw a few out there: We need nouns for jobs and types of people. We need nouns for generic places (shops, islands, houses, etc.). We need adjectives for personality traits. We need more verbs, right now we have barely more than 20. We need nouns for furniture. We need nouns for materials.

Well, I added Lúk for Island.
I'm still interested, but Exams are on at the moment.

Still, give me a while, and I'll get most basic geographical words done.

How are these?

Island: Lúk
Continent: Bréj
Hill: Polk
Mountain: þáldu
Valley: Malþa
River: Wmanga
Village: Allo
Town: Milo
City: Vúlo

I think we should develop the culture of the Xişaŕo people, regions in which they lived and such. That could help boost this again.