Janszoon, A Dutch Australia TL

The two armed camps of the world, 1760.

LsuQPAh.png

Just had to pop in and declare that this is really excellent. The research is credible, the flash forwards are intriguing, and the semi-conversational writing style, while at times bordering on casual, is extremely charming.

In short, this is a great TL so far and I demand you keep it up.

Subbed and impressed.

Am I to assume too that ttl's British American colonies benefit from having both the populations of OTL's 13 colonies as well as OTL's Australia and New Zealand? If so the hybrid culture and nation that will arise is already tantalizing. These Ameraustralians are sure to be the absolute coolest nationality ever devised...

Fascinating timeline, I just read it in one sitting! I find the development of the conflict between civilian Dutch *Australians v. the PLC particularly fascinating.

If I hazard a guess, their chance for seizing freedom will come with the upcoming European/World War you're forshadowing?

9KQSbNA.png

The War Of 7 kingdoms Part one.

The War of the 7 kingdoms (and one republic, the United provinces is daring to be different amongst the monarchies of Europe, the republic is dropped when describing the war, as the 'War of 7 kingdoms' sounds far more catchy.) Consisted of two alliance blocs slugging it out across Europe and the Americas, with small but important campaigns in Asia happening as well. The war began in North America so can Be described as a true global war, whose outcome will decide the course that western civilisation will follow, until everyone fights again.

Dearest readers grab a nice warm cup of tea and sit back for a giant global punch up, opinions on the new banner ? i'm guesstimating 2 war special updates and a Janszoon at war update before regular progress can resume ! so without further chat from me, lets go to the shimmering Caribbean sea.

North America

The Gold coast (GC) was a hunter, the Jean was a slave ship, both captains knew which way the fight was going to go. Due to the tensions between France and Britain, the dominion of Virginia had began to invest in state sponsored 'Re-routing' of French slave ships bound for Louisiana to plantations in the Bahamas, an immensely profitable activity. The Jean was boarded, shots were fired and its surviving crew were imprisoned aboard the GC. The Ship was sailed to the Bahamas and slaves were unloaded. Easy. It was easy, until the authorities in Louisiana put 2 and 2 together and began demanding that they be compensated for the stolen slaves. This was met with a predicable no from Virginia's Governor Sir Jacob England, an opportunist hothead (Activating privateering was his idea). The Actions of the French governor began the war though. Instead of contacting France and asking for guidance, he assembled a force of militia and took back the value of his stolen slaves and then some, by raiding and burning down the Virginian town of Westminster. And thus in may 1762, the war began in north America. Militia's were raised across the British colonies and dominions, whose populations were far greater than the French colonies. The British army of North America (17,000 men) clashed with the Armies of New Spain and Louisiana (32,000 men) over the recently captured town of Charleville. It was a stunning victory for the British, who used the Mississippi river as a defensive position, killing men as the disembarked from small boats and sinking boats carrying cannon and horses. The Battle of Charleville in 1764 was the key moment of the north American war, The French had lost control of the upper Mississippi, New Spain was in revolt due to high war taxes, a revolt that manifested in a self declared Sun emperor Juan Herrera sitting in Cuidad de Sol (mexico city). The royal navy set sail from Southampton to burn New Orleans, which they did, in September 1665, marking the end of organised resistance in North America.

South America

The forces of the Franco-Spanish coalition and the Anglo-Dutch alliance were roughly equal in south america, though the Spanish had the advantage of cohesion, whilst the Anglo-Dutch had to co-ordinate the forces of 4 nations with interests on the continent. 4 months after the war broke out up north a La Platan and Peruvian force marched on the Dutch city of Vland, the small garrison was overrun and the inhabitants of the city were mercilessly killed by Peruvian forces. La Platan forces were appalled by this show of brutality, which caused the commander of the Platine forces to desert, outraging the hardheaded Peruvians, who executed Platine casualties and soldier who didn't leave the army camp fast enough, some were burn at the stake. This lead to the defining moment of the south american war. The Spanish empire was fundamentally unstable, New Spain in the north was revolting into an empire, whilst La Plata in the south was revolting into a federation. The Platine declaration of independence was received by Brazillian authorities in January 1763, they offered to fight for the Anglo-Dutch, as long as in the event of victory the independence of la Plata would be guaranteed in a peace treaty. This was the death knell of Spanish forces in the south, the Peruvian army was isolated in the remnants of Dutch Antarctica. The Anglo-Dutch in south america could now slowly march on Castilla and Caracas, neither objective was reached before the peace treaty was signed in 1766, but no offensive actions could be taken by the Spanish either.