Henry VIII dies in 1536

The future Erik XIV of Sweden is available as husband for a one of Mary and James's daughters, just saying. It could butterfly away the disaster that was Erik's marriage to Karin Månsdotter and his overthrown. Lutheranism werent completly established in Sweden at this time, it wouldn't be until around 1580

Everything I read on Erik XIV makes him sound very not a good husband. He had children by three different women, two of his children with Karin were born before the marriage and he himself murdered one of the Stures. So, it wasn't just Erik's marriage that was a disaster.

Although I believe I read that they did find arsenic in his corpse - so the rumor he was poisoned might be true.

Everything I read on Erik XIV makes him sound very not a good husband. He had children by three different women, two of his children with Karin were born before the marriage and he himself murdered one of the Stures. So, it wasn't just Erik's marriage that was a disaster.

Although I believe I read that they did find arsenic in his corpse - so the rumor he was poisoned might be true.

But bear in mind that arsenic was also a key ingredient in lots of medicines of the era. And lead too, I think.

Even if not, lead was a key ingredient of makeup.

So, it's also possible his doctor poisoned him... :/

It's common belief in Sweden that his brother John was the one who ordered him poisoned, by means of arsenik in his pea soup. I've been to Gripsholm castle plenty of times, the cell he was held in is sort of still there. Along with a really badly stuffed lion.

Not in the first years it seems, but its a toss up between historians if his mental instability was early in his reign or after the Sture Murders in 1567.

Not that anyone's noticed, but Elizabeth, Duchess of Beja, seems to be following her mother's pregnancy pattern.....but she had a boy first!

After losing a year (and keeping someone pregnant for the entire time!), I realize I need a beta if for dates if nothing else. I also like the idea of having a person to bounce ideas off of in PMs.

Found two. Had the neck surgery and will have to print this off and see where I am. (And, again, if our souls depend on my chin going to my chest, we're in trouble, kids.)