Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a quick flag I made for Carteret, a "country within the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, and The Americas" in an excellent infobox created by That Jersey Guy.
It is just a heraldic banner of the Carteret family's coat of arms. (The four lozenges could also symbolize the main groups that settled in the area over time: the Lenape/Delaware tribe, the Dutch, the Swedish, and the British.)

a160c98670a64a22aa722ffe2a7f2638.png

Fun fact:
One of my ancestors was actually forced into exile from New Jersey by Philip Carteret, the first governor of New Jersey. [He later apparently obtained a spot of land near what is now the Brooklyn Bridge in Manhattan.]
According to a family tradition, he and Governor Philip Carteret met and started arguing over a bridge at the entrance to Elizabethtown, NJ - this altercation eventually grew until my ancestor threw the Governor over the bridge into the water, after which Philip retaliated by confiscating his property - he was then ordered to leave the province by the Proprietary Government.

It's... the Red Ranger Flag!

Does anyone have the maps of The United States of Australia? I believe they were Green with Yellow horizontal and for every new state it had a new star just like the US. The new state(s) were also written for every new flag. If someone has those maps it would be awesome.

Hi!
I would love to see flag of European Union BUT in style that referens to Roman Empire and French revolution. That would be amazing.

I'm looking for a flag for a state in an independent California, circa 1849. The state is called Sierra, after the mountain chain, and it's making its fortune off gold right now. It's experiencing an influx of immigration from diverse sources, and has growing black and Chinese minorities. The state's values are industry and enlightenment.

If someone could whip up a flag representing the above, I'd appreciate it!

JJohnson

Banned
latest

A flag for the nation of Tanganyika, a majority German nation in Africa that became independent in 1972, and has a parliament similar to that of Germany.

If someone could whip up a flag representing the above, I'd appreciate it!
is this good?
upload_2016-12-13_10-4-3.png

ratio is 2:3 (600x400 pixels)
the red is from the current California flag (not the same color) and represents courage and strength
the yellow color and the stripe at the bottom represents gold
the big star represents sovereignty from Mexico
the two yellow stars represent the 2 immigration groups (blacks and Chinese)
the grey stripe represents industry
and finally the white stripe represents enlightenment.

hope this is what you were looking for.

is this good?
View attachment 299367
ratio is 2:3 (600x400 pixels)
the red is from the current California flag (not the same color) and represents courage and strength
the yellow color and the stripe at the bottom represents gold
the big star represents sovereignty from Mexico
the two yellow stars represent the 2 immigration groups (blacks and Chinese)
the grey stripe represents industry
and finally the white stripe represents enlightenment.

hope this is what you were looking for.

What did you use to make this?

I like this ones, especially this Supreme Comand because of background color. I think purple would be best in organisation logo. Thank you very much.

So me and @zalezsky have decided to resurrect an old flag game on deviantArt back on deviantArt. Basically you get tagged to create an alternate flag for a given country, create it, and tag someone else. Here is my post about it on dA with more detailed rules: http://fav.me/darpwwu

So, to explain this flag, @zalezsky gave me Nagorno-Karabakh. Don't look for any deep backstory to it, I'm utterly sleep-deprived and still have school and work to do :noexpression:

As a base for the flag here, I used the royal flag of the Principality of Khachen, an Armenian vassal state/province that existed within the area of N-K from the 13th century. The premises is a much more anti-Islamic stance, hence retaining the cross on the flag, but also a much more regionalistic attitude towards Armenia. "We wish to join you but on our terms". Thanks to this attitude, the unrecognized state is called the "Artsakh Republic" (OTL name of the state) by most media instead of just "Nagorno-Karabakh". Hence a historical flag that also contains the Armenian tricolour.

I went along and tagged @zalezsky as the second person in the game and gave him Djibouti so we'll see how he deals with that :)

flag_game___artsakh_republic_by_soaringaven-darpwwu.png

So me and @zalezsky have decided to resurrect an old flag game on deviantArt back on deviantArt. Basically you get tagged to create an alternate flag for a given country, create it, and tag someone else. Here is my post about it on dA with more detailed rules: http://fav.me/darpwwu

So, to explain this flag, @zalezsky gave me Nagorno-Karabakh. Don't look for any deep backstory to it, I'm utterly sleep-deprived and still have school and work to do :noexpression:

As a base for the flag here, I used the royal flag of the Principality of Khachen, an Armenian vassal state/province that existed within the area of N-K from the 13th century. The premises is a much more anti-Islamic stance, hence retaining the cross on the flag, but also a much more regionalistic attitude towards Armenia. "We wish to join you but on our terms". Thanks to this attitude, the unrecognized state is called the "Artsakh Republic" (OTL name of the state) by most media instead of just "Nagorno-Karabakh". Hence a historical flag that also contains the Armenian tricolour.

I went along and tagged @zalezsky as the second person in the game and gave him Djibouti so we'll see how he deals with that :)
I swear this could be a flag for a northern european country.

I swear this could be a flag for a northern european country.
It's not a Nordic cross though. More likely would be a naval jack of Armenia were it an ex-British colony. St. George's cross with the national flag in the canton is pretty common in these cases (India, old Canada etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.