Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very ASB kind of flag.

People's Republic of Ireland

The green stands for the former "Republic of Ireland"
The orange stands for the former "Northern Ireland"
The white stands for peace between the two
The red and communist symbol stand for the Communist Party of Ireland taking over the island.

ubhh.png

(I honestly don't wish this to ever come into existence.)

Last edited:
Transparent Blue:
Thank you muchly for the New Albion flag!!

(I would have gone with 5-pointed stars, but gift-horse etc. )

This is quite a random comment, but I think it helps when making flags.

I have seen a lot of flags of Arabic-speaking nations which have (suppposed) Arabic words on them.
I am not an Arabic speaker, but I know that:
a) Arabic is written from right to left
b) The letters in a word have to be joined up to make sense
c) You need to translate the actual words to Arabic, not just put English words into the Arabic alphabet.

So if your Arabic looks less like this: الجامعة العربية‎
and more like this: ‎ ع ج ر ي ب
please check before putting it on a flag

Please be careful when putting Arabic text on, English speakers......
Most Arabic writing on flags I have seen has been proven to be illegible

Dorozhand

Banned
4 stars for the 4 "constituent republics" ?

just a small advice, maybe make the yellow/gold be the same shade and have the central emblem background red instead of green-orange which makes it look needelessly busy.

The four stars represent Leinster, Munster, Ulster, and Connaught. The four historic Irish counties, which were remade as Republics in a federal union.

I wanted it to actually look Irish and retain the symbolism of peace between peoples. Although it almost feels Sri Lankan without the white. I do think the combination looks surprisingly good, though.

What a cool flag, and since I anyway need a Red Ireland at some point, thanks in advance"

EDIT: I find the one with the orange a bit cooler, though. Maybe incorporate the orange into the lower flag, again?

What a cool flag, and since I anyway need a Red Ireland at some point, thanks in advance"

EDIT: I find the one with the orange a bit cooler, though. Maybe incorporate the orange into the lower flag, again?

I have to agree, great flag.
You could make the red a bit more orangy and lighten up the gold (so you still have the constast's) instead of introducing orange at a fourth colour.

flag request.
A Dutch / Caribbean flag.
The flag should include a Neth. flag as the banter.
Please help. Thank you

Last edited:
Have we ever seen posted, or could anyone design for use in my timeline, a Union Jack with a Cross of Burgundy in the place of the Cross of Saint Patrick?

flag request.
A Dutch Acadian/ Caribbean flag.
The flag should include a Neth. flag as the banter.
Please help. Thank you

This isn't the best flag, but off the top of my head this is what I got. I went with a more colonial type flag like that of the British and French ones. I went with the orange of the Prinsenvlag.

800px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

A little small and pixelated but this ought to do it

Thank you so much! Did you make this yourself, or did you find it? I would like to use it as I mentioned in my TL in future updates, and credit must be given where credit is due, n'est-ce pas? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.