Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if, instead of becoming obsessed with German culture and society, Adolf Hitler stayed in Austria, becoming a devout Catholic and Hapsburg supporter, before fighting for Austria-Hungary in World War One? What if he founded a fascist, Catholic nationalist party there, committed to reclaiming Austria's lost territory, and eventually restoring the Holy Roman Empire in all it's glory?

View attachment 208134

could clash a bit with the actual roman empire. I would imagine mussollini would look wearily at Hitler doing a bit of resurgimiento of his own.

Not sure what would be the position of The Church in all that. Assuming a lateran treaty equivalent, the last thing the pope would do is piss off Il Duce. Mind you, in the *absence* of a lateran treaty, this could be a good excuse for hitler to invade, restoring the papal state under a grateful pope (a puppet papacy if you will).

Some fairly simple flags for imaginary countries that I made as part of a project I'm working on.

SummerNationsFlags2.png

I like Elabrun!

Could anyone make a flag that vaguely smacks of Al Qaeda/terrorism that features the motto "Via Veritas Vita" in huge, fancy font, with a Christian-looking (Protestant, not Catholic) sword underneath? Sort of like Saudi Arabia's flag. I want it for the Council of Jehovah paramilitary in my Madness TL, a radical secret society based in the Dakotas that, beginning in the 1980s, claims responsibility for a brutal series of terror attacks.

From my Madness TL. FARNE (Former American Republic of New England) was brought into existence when President Richard Nixon was deposed in 1975 as president of the New United States by General Jurgen Ailes. Ailes stormed the capital of Philadelphia but Nixon cut off the 13 northern-most states from the rest of the country. Ailes established the Third American Republic, a bitterly anti-Semitic country occupying most of America's heartland. The two countries hated each other and had a massively fortified mutual border. Throughout the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s, these toxic relations would often boil over into outright conflict over who was the "True American Nation."

graham.png

FARNE:

1. New York
  2. Maine
  3. Massachusetts
  4. Vermont
  5. Connecticut
  6. New Hampshire
  7. Rhode Island
  8. New Jersey
  9. Delaware
  10. Quebec
  11. Nova Scotia
  12. Ontario
  13. Newfoundland

attachment.php

Third American Republic:

1. Pennsylvania (Ohio is a PA region)
  2. Iowai (OTL Indiana + Illinois)
  3. Chersonesus (OTL Michigan)
  4. Michigania (OTL Wisconsin)
  5. North Dakota
  6. South Dakota
  7. Canada
  8. Assiniboia
  9. Athabaska

graham.png

I like Elabrun!

Could anyone make a flag that vaguely smacks of Al Qaeda/terrorism that features the motto "Via Veritas Vita" in huge, fancy font, with a Christian-looking (Protestant, not Catholic) sword underneath? Sort of like Saudi Arabia's flag. I want it for the Council of Jehovah paramilitary in my Madness TL, a radical secret society based in the Dakotas that, beginning in the 1980s, claims responsibility for a brutal series of terror attacks.

Here's an attempt. Used a red background for blood, martyrdom, christianity etc. but I could change that. The font could be changed too.

vitaveritasvita.png

I like Elabrun!

This was my idea for it, tell me what you think. Doesn't really follow your pattern, but I can redo it if you wish.

Terror.png

This flag is for a Scotland colonised by France after the 100 year war.

The Tricolor was an invention of the Revolutionary era of France, it did'nt exist before then, rather prior to that the France had no national flag, with the Capetian banner and the Royal Standard being the things most often used.

Chicxulub

Banned
The Tricolor was an invention of the Revolutionary era of France, it did'nt exist before then, rather prior to that the France had no national flag, with the Capetian banner and the Royal Standard being the things most often used.

The flag is a modern flag, it was colonized by France in the 1400s but it was changed in the 1900s to match the french flag.

Updated flag of French Scotland or Frenchland
FrenchScotland2_zpsca383397.png

I doubt they'd go for that. While the St Andrew Cross is a "land banner", the Fleur de Lys is a royal coat of arms. Different things. It's like someone used a portrait of Queen Victoria as a flag, you know. Not the same thing.

It would proably be a mix of this:
331px-Arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_France_(Moderne).svg.png

and this:
410px-Royal_Arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_Scotlandsvg.png

And the "land flag" might combine St Andrew's cross with the French military banner for infantry, the white cross on blue:
FRASCO_zpsea0c90af.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.