Base Maps from 550 BC to Modern Day, all in UCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the UCS was never completely 'Universal' given that Bruce has always done his own thing, as has Iori. In general TACOS is still a very minority group viewpoint, but the main problem with creating a new thread is that we've generally switched to using the Wiki as a repository for finished maps and just discussing in progress maps in this thread.

That's a problem, as how are people going to know that the finished maps are in the wiki?

That's a problem, as how are people going to know that the finished maps are in the wiki?

Well, in general we link any requests over there as a first point of call, but yeah, it's still a general issue.

I'm personally in favour of cutting down on a lot of the stickied threads in this subforum and replacing them with a single moderated/locked thread just containing links to the wiki and various discussion threads with a bit of accompanying info, but that's something that really requires a fair bit of consensus to implement.

It looks like the French wiki has much more info. Too bad I can't read French.

To summarise, the general ethos is one of rebuilding the Empire of Morocco, particularly her territories under the Almoravids and Alaouites. This emerged in the 50s and 60s with Morocco's independence, and was fuelled both by the desire to gain all the Spanish bits such as Ifni, Cueta, Meilla and the Spanish Sahara that weren't given to the new government at indepence in 1956, and also by the presence in the early period of Mauritanian independence of a political faction advocating for union with Morocco which was defeated by the group advocating an independent state of Mauritania.

So yeah, it's pretty flimsy.

Well, in general we link any requests over there as a first point of call, but yeah, it's still a general issue.

I'm personally in favour of cutting down on a lot of the stickied threads in this subforum and replacing them with a single moderated/locked thread just containing links to the wiki and various discussion threads with a bit of accompanying info, but that's something that really requires a fair bit of consensus to implement.

I agree that needs to be a reorganization of this section of the forum.

Does anyone have a map of 1900, please?
Here you go.
1900.png

1900.png

To summarise, the general ethos is one of rebuilding the Empire of Morocco, particularly her territories under the Almoravids and Alaouites. This emerged in the 50s and 60s with Morocco's independence, and was fuelled both by the desire to gain all the Spanish bits such as Ifni, Cueta, Meilla and the Spanish Sahara that weren't given to the new government at indepence in 1956, and also by the presence in the early period of Mauritanian independence of a political faction advocating for union with Morocco which was defeated by the group advocating an independent state of Mauritania.

So yeah, it's pretty flimsy.

Hmm, I wonder why they didn't lay claim to the rest of the Maghreb through connections with the Almohads.

Status
Not open for further replies.