Base Maps from 550 BC to Modern Day, all in UCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my 1779 map. If anyone's interested.
1779map_zpse77d4d07.png

I made this for another thread, replying to a post made in 2011. Oops. Anyway, here's the Roman Empire's directly-ruled territory in 27BC, at the beginning of the Augustan Principate.

Augustan Rome.png

For those who are interested, here's a map for 1962, roughly at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. May need some editing, though, in which case feel free to improve.

1962.png

1962.png

Well, why Green for Italy, and why that shade of Green which, as far as I can tell, is the one for Nigeria, who have a shade which looks a bit Portuguese. Not to mention Yugoslavia looks like it's been annexed by Mexico, and is that Albania being shown as de jure Italian:confused:

In fact there's a lot of non-standard colours in there.

Wait a minute...

Is that some wierd combination of RaCS, RCS and GCS, with perhaps a touch of TACOS thrown in?

Well, why Green for Italy, and why that shade of Green which, as far as I can tell, is the one for Nigeria, who have a shade which looks a bit Portuguese. Not to mention Yugoslavia looks like it's been annexed by Mexico, and is that Albania being shown as de jure Italian:confused:

In fact there's a lot of non-standard colours in there.

Wait a minute...

Is that some wierd combination of RaCS, RCS and GCS, with perhaps a touch of TACOS thrown in?

You're right about Italy having Nigeria's color, but Yugoslavia doesn't look to be annexed by Mexico any more than China. I'm concerned about Australia, though.
Since when Japan is a Canadian Territory? :confused:

It doesn't look like one to me.

I usually don't care so much about the color scheme in ATL maps, but since the title of the thread specifies UCS (which I take to imply the most widely accepted version thereof) it makes sense to stick to it for basemaps.

I see this as another problem with this thread still existing, with the UCS not being Universal anymore and the maps at the beginning being Five Years Old.

Since when Japan is a Canadian Territory? :confused:

Thirteen days ago. It was in all the papers, I'm surprised you missed it.

I usually don't care so much about the color scheme in ATL maps, but since the title of the thread specifies UCS (which I take to imply the most widely accepted version thereof) it makes sense to stick to it for basemaps.

Can I get a source on those Moroccan claims? I'm interested to see why they claim Mauritania.

And for those who were giving off about the colours I used:

Nigeria's still off :)p)

I see this as another problem with this thread still existing, with the UCS not being Universal anymore and the maps at the beginning being Five Years Old.

Well, the UCS was never completely 'Universal' given that Bruce has always done his own thing, as has Iori. In general TACOS is still a very minority group viewpoint, but the main problem with creating a new thread is that we've generally switched to using the Wiki as a repository for finished maps and just discussing in progress maps in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.