AHC: Britain becomes analogue of Imperial Japan

We also have quite a large fanbase for some of them...like the British Empire.
We also have a large fanbase for the Japanese Empire.

And people like evil empires. Though Westerners who aren't into history don't typically think of the British Empire as one, a lot of people think the Nazis or Soviets are cool villains.

Elfwine:

I'm not saying Japan was entirely unjustified in feeling itself unsafe, but the idea that the West was filled with treacherous violent bastards who were longing for the opportunity to rape and pillage is rather overstated.

Mightfly: Would you take that chance with your country people and daughters?

I would definitely say he's trying to do more than say "Japan wasn't unique" with statements like that.
Again, it seems to me more like he's saying within Japan's perspective....the Allies and Axis did sort of take this mentality with each other....but we've reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally digressed.:D

Again, it seems to me more like he's saying within Japan's perspective....the Allies and Axis did sort of take this mentality with each other....but we've reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally digressed.:D

Within Japan's mistaken perspective.

But yeah, can we go back to how Britain being in a situation nowhere like Japan will or will not lead to anything like Japan's policies abroad? I don't want to have to think more about Wounded Knee and such stuff than I have to, whoever is doing it.

Elfwine:

I'm not saying Japan was entirely unjustified in feeling itself unsafe, but the idea that the West was filled with treacherous violent bastards who were longing for the opportunity to rape and pillage is rather overstated.

Mightfly: Would you take that chance with your country people and daughters?

I would definitely say he's trying to do more than say "Japan wasn't unique" with statements like that.

I applogise if you took that as an attempt at justification but i wrote it with only a mindset of giving a look into how the Japanese were justifying their actions to themselves ei. "we're bringing civilization to the savages" "their civilization isn't good enough"

After the deportation of Toussaint Louverture in 1802, one of Toussaint's principal lieutenants, Jean Jacques Dessalines, continued the fight for liberty because he remembered the declaration of Toussaint Louverture: “In overthrowing me, you have done no more than cut down the trunk of the tree of the black liberty in St-Domingue it will spring back from the roots, for they are numerous and deep.”

Dessalines defeated the French army numerous times.

Dessalines tried hard to keep the sugar industry and plantations running and producing without slavery. Born into slavery and having worked under white masters for 30 years, as well as having seen many atrocities by all peoples, Dessalines did not trust the white French people. Between February and April 1804, he had the white Haitian minority killed by ordering the 1804 Haiti Massacre. Dessalines declared Haiti an all-black nation and forbade whites from owning property or land there.

The United States President Thomas Jefferson continued an arms and goods embargo against the new country. Due to the pressure of southern Congressmen, who feared their slaves being encouraged by the revolt, the United States refused to recognize Haiti's new government until 1867. Americans feared potential slave rebellions incited by free blacks and, after 1810, reduced the number of manumissions in the South, which had increased markedly in the first two decades following its own Revolution.

What if Dessalines wasn't assassinated in 1806 and in 1815 did not fund Simon Bolivar but instead became principle backers of Liberia and its expansion. Dessalines hatred towards whites expands with the being forced to repay France for its independence following the treaty with Charles X in 1825 after his deployment of 14 ships.

From there more trade with Liberia from which haitian feeling towards whites spreads to liberia. Haiti raids and conquers coastal french enclaves along cote ivoire and aid the decidedly anti-british Ashante Empire to defeat the british attempts at colonization by 1840 a movement toward redevelopment has haitian scholars imported to the coast. an alliance is born. And a modernization movement grows on both the west african coast and in Haiti. In 1898 Spain draws the alliances ire with attrocities in cuba leading to the haitian spanish war in which madrid is burned and the canaries are taken. Independence movements supported by the successful alliance lead to British colonies independence isolating Great Britian(i can't think of a way to separate canada or australia).

I thought maybe something along these lines could start the process to create the threat that would terrify the British. They may feel that spain france and other colonizers failed to properly dominate native peoples and should let the British empire lead europe to victory. Most european countries refuse and the british mobilize to dominate them.

It's impossible that Liberia could become black supremacist before the 20th century. Most of their early leaders were mixed race and more white than black. And Liberians were constantly in conflict with natives.

And Europeans had a semi favorable opinion toward Liberia.

Not to mention the fact that Haiti could never undertake any sort of conflict across the Atlantic.