AH World Cup 2013

Who should host the World Cup?

• The Confederation of British North America

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • The Mexican Empire

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Good afternoon. We're in sunny Florida for the second game in Group H for Die Wallabys of Neusachsen against the Kingdom of the Algarve here at North End Park in Biscayne. There's all to play for here, particularly following the 2-2 draw last night between River Plate and Mexico. Who can take advantage in this one? Lets go over to the commentary to found out.

Well the referee hasn't had far to come, Bruce McLintock of British America lives right here in Biscayne... And it's Algarve who are going to kick off.

03: It's been a lively start, Matthias Zhou plays Sergei Tillmann in down the Neusachsen left who gets into the area and fires a shot against the post. He's offside, anyway.

04: Zhou is handed an early yellow card for standing in front of the ball as Algarve wanted to take a quick free-kick. He needn't have bothered, as Serrao eventually smacks it miles over.

08: What a chance. Viktor Biermann plays a lovely ball over the top and three Neusachsens are onside. It falls for Alec Schroder on his favoured left foot 12 yards out, but he can only volley way, way over the bar. The 'Sudmanner' are looking dangerous.

11: Algarve are dangerous, too. Vasco Fernandes turns into space in the Neusachsen area but his ball along the box doesn't find any of his team-mates. Serrao promptly fires miles over again.

12: This is brilliant entertainment. Uwe Edermeier expertly controls a pass on the edge of the Algarve box and turns wonderfully to give himself a shooting chance, but he can only smash a couple of yards over.

18: Neusachsen attack and Johann Thao lashes one in from just outside the box having got forward from left-back, the ball sailing a couple of yards wide of Bruno Verissimo's left-hand post.

24: Crazy defending from Gualter Bilro. Thao sneaks inbetween two Algarve defenders from the Neusachsen left and heads into the area, where Bilro stands off him totally and allows him to shoot at Verissimo. What was he doing?

33: Neusachsen do look lively in the final third and as a cross is pumped into the Algarve box, Bruno Verissimo just - only just, mind - gets to it first ahead of Viktor Biermann and the ball ricochets off the Neusachsener and flies behind for a goalkick.

38: Tiago Targino slaps a 35-yard free-kick into the Neusachsen wall. That sums up all sorts of things.

39: Edermeier does well to get the ball to Schroder on the edge of the Algarve box and despite a bit of holding from Andre Micael, he gets his shot away as it whistles a couple of yards wide.

45: Serrao looks a shadow of the player that ended the season as his shot from the edge of the area sails into the arms of Jurgen Krause.

45: And Bruce McLintock blows the whistle and its still nil nil here at half time. You'd have to say though, that Algarve are very fortunate to be going into the interval on an even footing. Neusachsen look far stronger.

46: So it's Neusachsen who get the second half going.

48: I was going to go with the handbags cliche, but Klaus Klausmann is booked for shoving Nuno Piloto in the back. He was annoyed because Piloto smashed the ball to within a whisker of his head after the whistle had gone for a foul on Klausmann. Messy, silly.

49: Piloto clips the ball down the left wing and is taken out by Klaus Albrecht, who picks up a yellow card for his troubles.

54: Good hit from Nuno Piloto, slamming a right-foot shot from 20 yards and forcing Krause to tip over the Neusachsen crossbar.

64: GOAL! My word that's about as tight as offside calls get. Uwe Edermeier plays a ball from midfield and with the Algarve defence static and Alec Schroder either on or offside is suddenly 15 yards ahead of everyone else and one-on-one with Bruno Verissimo. He keeps his cool to take it around Verissimo and slot into an empty net. GAME. ON.
NEUSACHSEN 1-0 ALGARVE

65: After another look at the replay, seems as though it might be Diogo Freitas who is playing Schroder onside. It's still close, though.

73: Vasco Fernandes sends over a cross from the Algarve left, but is sails over the heads of everyone in the area.

76: Erich Schwarzmann tries to play an audacious ball over the top for Johann Thao, but it's just too far ahead of the forward and Algarve can start to build again. I don't know what they're trying to build, mind...

77: Thao goes round Andre Micael but is fouled by Bilro in the area, it's a definite penalty.

78: GOAL! Thao steps up and coolly slots into the corner of the net to spark ecstatic scenes from the Neusachseners in Biscayne. Algarve have been absolutely pathetic and Neusachsen have put them to bed.
NEUSACHSEN 2-0 ALGARVE

87: Algarve just have not been able to do anything to get back into this game. They have played a better side than them, and have lost quite easily in the end. It's an astonishing performance from both sides, in fact, but in very different ways.

90 (+1): We're in to three added minutes, but referee Bruce McLintock might as well blow up now, the door's long since bolted on this one.

90 (+3): And it's full time. Jose Ribeiro turns and walks down the tunnel and prepares himself for an almighty thrashing at the hands of the Algarve press. Algarve are supposed to have world-class players, but where were they? There was no harmony, no team spirit, no desire, no will to win in evidence today.

"Good afternoon. We're in sunny Florida for the second game in Group H for Die Wallabys of Neusachsen against the Kingdom of the Algarve here at North End Park in Biscayne. There's all to play for here, particularly following the 2-2 draw last night between River Plate and Mexico. Who can take advantage in this one? Lets go over to the commentary to found out.

Feel free to call them 'the Wallabies' if you're not posting in German. :)

Why? Do you not think I am able to run such a thing, being online every day?
No, I think that King of Uzbeks started this thing, and said that he would be away for two weeks. If you get his consent to run it, I'm all for it, but otherwise, I'd rather wait.

No, I think that King of Uzbeks started this thing, and said that he would be away for two weeks. If you get his consent to run it, I'm all for it, but otherwise, I'd rather wait.

Well I'm back, and the next Group A game should be up tonight. I'll go asses the damage of the past 2 weeks

Edit: wasn't Nymain1 supposed to run it while I was gone?

He went AWOL.
Could you please make sure that next time someone is continuing running this AT REGULAR PERIODS! or don't start this till after vacations.

Last edited:
He went AWOL.
Could you please make sure that next time someone is continuing running this AT REGULAR PERIODS! or don't start this till after vacations.

Not exactly sure what you're angry about, as far as I can tell no ones treated you badly, the thread hasn't devolved into chaos and the games are running smoothly. Why do you need someone to run the thread if its going fine?

He went AWOL.

The game is running fine, with a break because he was away. King of Uzbeks took the initiative to start the game, and he was running it fine, and most people here were fine with the break. Now it's back. I don't think it's fair, or even reasonable for you to criticise him. You certainly have no reason to be angry.