A Blank Map Thread

Can anyone make this map with 1939 borders?

oldlookingmapxh1.png

Can anyone make this map with 1939 borders?

Yes. It's Diamond's (?) standard basemap with some visual effects, so I've just added Roberto's borders for 1939. I've given the Japanese zones of occupation in China/Chinese puppet territory solid borders, as otherwise they won't be visible without a colour scheme - you may wish to erase the solid lines if you're adding a colour for Japan, in which case the lines are part of the occupation zone, not surrounding it.

UPDATE: Changed the occupation zones so the borders surround them, which would probably have been easier to do from the start.

1939 Different 2.png

Last edited:
Blank UCS Dymax Basemap, Qazaq2007 tweaks

Hi all! Here's a blank version of the Dymaxion projection basemap, with Qazaq2007's excellent changes. There's a larger (though by no means BAM) Dymax map here - sadly no borders, but I'll have a crack at it anyway.

Dymax Map Blank.png

Bigger Blank Dymax Map

Very rough, but here's the larger Dymax rendered as a blank UCS basemap:

Bigger Dymax Map.png

Last edited:
I will be forever comnfuaed as to why so few world maps actually include Chesapeake Bay, but at least this one doesn't have the central eastern US coastline so warped like the UCS basemap.

Chesapeake Bay us pretty small. I don't see how it will ever be shown on a world map of this size. Same with Long Island. I would like to see what you had in mind (I'm not saying that like "like you can do any better". I legit want to see what you had in mind.)

Chesapeake Bay us pretty small. I don't see how it will ever be shown on a world map of this size. Same with Long Island. I would like to see what you had in mind (I'm not saying that like "like you can do any better". I legit want to see what you had in mind.)
Well, we can have it as a dark line of sorts, similar to the bays in northern Siberia/Russian Artic on the UCS basemap.

I'm searching for a world map using Diamond's base map showing deserts, and so wondered if one has been made?
There isn't anything at the wiki, and the search function sputters out Internal Server Error whenever the word 'world' is a part of the search.

Thande

Donor
I'm searching for a world map using Diamond's base map showing deserts, and so wondered if one has been made?
There isn't anything at the wiki, and the search function sputters out Internal Server Error whenever the word 'world' is a part of the search.

I don't think there are any physical versions of that map around. New project?

Could someone make a mape with normal style projection, but with the North Pole where Zero Zero normally is, and Zero Zero at the top?
Thank you :)