A Blank Map Thread

There was a huge glacier in northern Europe. On the plus side, the Atlas mountains were forested and European climate.

Hope this is huge enough. Also fixed some coasts.
Does anybody know anything about the "Wet Sahara Theory"? also, I think some big swamps should be added around the Nile, but I'm just guessing.
Input welcome.

ASea-1.png

VT45

Banned
Does anybody know anything about the "Wet Sahara Theory"? also, I think some big swamps should be added around the Nile, but I'm just guessing.
Input welcome.

I'll reiterate what I said before. The sea level is WAY too low for the last Ice Age. Yes, the Great Bahama Bank was a single island, but it wasn't connected to Florida. The sea level was only about 100 metres lower than today, and you've shown it 500 metres lower.

Friedebarth

Banned
Well does he want to do the *last* Ice Age? From the looks of the sea level he's doing the one before that. He's just forgetting that back then it was Gondwana and Laurasia and not... ...whatever he has... ...Ameurasafrica?!

I don't have the Atlas on me now (it showed Europe in the Ice Age), but basically, the glacier up in Europe covered all of Britain and half of Germany, with a small belt of tundra before the Alpine glaciers. It reached down to roughly the OTL border of Ukraine and Bellarus I think, though there seemed to be a small patch of tundra. The Ukraine was steppe. The Caspian had somthing connecting it to the Artic, I think.

Is there, anywhere, a map of the UK with county divisions on it; large enough to edit but not so large it means I have to scroll the page left to right.

If anyone is aware of a map that fits the above criteria could they please let me know and/or post a link to the map or repost the map here.

PM me if necessary.

Thanks

Brad

Here's the Dymaxion world map w/ some refinements made to it, such as, much more accurate rendition of the Great Lakes, and the Canadian High Arctic, the inclusion of ice shelves in Antarctica, and a few other somethings changed as well. I have removed a bit of the US grey-green from the Kurdish areas of northern Iraq to show that the area wasn't under US control, and the Kurds are running the show in the area. This map is NOT the final version, and still is a work in progress, for there are still some more screw ups that I haven't gotten to yet, but will be taken care of when I get to them. Stay tuned.

Dymaxion World 2009.png

Here's the Dymaxion world map w/ some refinements made to it, such as, much more accurate rendition of the Great Lakes, and the Canadian High Arctic, the inclusion of ice shelves in Antarctica, and a few other somethings changed as well. I have removed a bit of the US grey-green from the Kurdish areas of northern Iraq to show that the area wasn't under US control, and the Kurds are running the show in the area. This map is NOT the final version, and still is a work in progress, for there are still some more screw ups that I haven't gotten to yet, but will be taken care of when I get to them. Stay tuned.
Hawaii and Gambia can need some refinements.

Excellent work Q!

One of the minor errors I've spotted that I think you probably already have on your to-do list:

- the Caprivi strip is missing from Namibia.

You know, it's too bad we can't fix the projection of Korea. It and Norway are the two distorted points on the Dymax map, but Korea doesn't have to be as I think there were other Dymax maps that had the right Korea except for the southwestern most tip being parcelled off in another square - all that needed have been done was to cut out that little section and snip it onto the right Korea.

Q. do you think it would be possible to fix Korea since this map doesn't use the wedges of the original Dymax map anymore?

Thande

Donor
Excellent work Q!

One of the minor errors I've spotted that I think you probably already have on your to-do list:

- the Caprivi strip is missing from Namibia.

You know, it's too bad we can't fix the projection of Korea. It and Norway are the two distorted points on the Dymax map, but Korea doesn't have to be as I think there were other Dymax maps that had the right Korea except for the southwestern most tip being parcelled off in another square - all that needed have been done was to cut out that little section and snip it onto the right Korea.

Q. do you think it would be possible to fix Korea since this map doesn't use the wedges of the original Dymax map anymore?

Northern Ireland also looks iffy to me for the same reasons.

(but great word otherwise, Q)

Like I said, guys, this map is a work in progress. I have already noted those aformentioned screw ups, as well as some others, that will be taken care of. Just trying to tweak the map continent by continent generally, just to be sure of covering everything that I may come across, so stay tuned. The Korean Peninsula sticking out that way bothers me as well, may try to tweak it enough so it doesn't stick out as much, but that also requires me to tweak the shape of the Japanese home islands slightly, so they don't appear to be too far away into the sea in relation to the Asian mainland.

Input welcome.

Horrible! The Mediterranean wasn't disconnected from the Atlantic Ocean since the Messinian Event.

This should be more accurate:

Pleistmoll.jpg